MI - Stacie Rost, 16, & Maureen Nichols, 17, Bath Township, 13 June 1976

Nina Michigan

Verified President/Founder of Missing in Michigan
Reaction score
Archived - PDF news story from Clinton County News - August 1976.

Stacie and Maureen were camping to celebrate the end of the school year. They chose Prigooris Park as their camping spot, which was a known party place for young adults.

The two teens would be stabbed to death, their bodies found, in separate locations, weeks later.

If you have a newspapers.com subscription there is a fair amount of information out there on this case.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Rost Nichols.jpg
    Rost Nichols.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 73
So they were camping about one mile as crow flies from the site of the worst school mass killing in US history, which also happened in Bath Township (name-wise not to be confused with "The Bath City", the nickname of Mount Clemens in Macomb County). Bath Twp had a population of less than 5000 in 1970. These Priggooris Park campers were last seen alive about 2am June 13, 1976. The three Girl Scouts camping in Locust Grove, Oklahoma were believed to have been murdered at about 3am, June 13, 1977, one year later to the day after these Bath Twp murders. I'd say the murderer or murderers may have had a fondness for mummery.

I wonder WHO saw these girls at 2am on June 13? Why did the tird camper decide to go home? Why did she show up the next morning to find them gone? That sounds fishy to me.

Wow never heard of this case before, from Michigan so anything local always fascinates me

Could find very little on the case, wonder if the police were able to interview all the other people in the Park their to party or if they ever had a suspect...

I pulled the file on this from Bath Twp PD. They looked at a couple of locals but nothing stuck

I pulled the file on this from Bath Twp PD. They looked at a couple of locals but nothing stuck
Did they ever look into Don Miller aka Donald Eugene Miller? Miller is the serial killer whose first Known victim was killed on/last seen alive on New Year’s Eve 1976, 6 months after the girls went missing? Miller deposited the body of Martha Sue Young in Priggooris Park (discovered Oct 1977).

Could this be connected to Pamela Hobley and Patricia Spencer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back