Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

Getting in and out of that stadium during games and concerts takes hours. The last time I was there it took us almost an hour and a half to drive less than two miles from the freeway 237 exit to parking lot 1 Red next to the stadium. It was nuts. We actually left the concert 15 minutes early to get out of there and back to our hotel within 10 minutes. I wonder if he’s a smoker and walked out to smoke not knowing he wouldn’t be able to regain entry?

I watched the game on TV, it didn't appear to be a sell out. I think between the wildfires nearby and the fact that 49ers and NYGiants have the worst records in the league right now didn't draw that many people either.

And I'm kinda surprised that a 49ers fan would walk away from a game with 6 minutes left when your team has a slight lead.

Last edited:
So if he went to the restroom and the game was over in just a few minutes, wouldn’t she have gotten up to head to the car. Or was she waiting for him to come back to the seat? I’d like to see video of her leaving the stadium.

That final Giant touchdown left a very short time in the game, under a minute or so I believe...so I can’t understand why she and kids would not have packed up and walked with him if he had to use the bathroom. Especially at a stadium where everything takes forever.

Cops release footage of man who went missing from 49ers game
The ground search for Powers continued Thursday, with officers asking businesses along Great America Parkway for any surveillance footage that might show where Powers went after leaving the stadium, said Capt. Wahid Kazem. Plans to do a flyover were scrapped due to poor air quality caused by the Camp Fire in Butte County.

“We will continue to work tomorrow and through the weekend conducting interviews, reviewing and re-reviewing data and trying to put together a timeline of his activity once he left his family,” Kazem said.

So if he went to the restroom and the game was over in just a few minutes, wouldn’t she have gotten up to head to the car. Or was she waiting for him to come back to the seat? I’d like to see video of her leaving the stadium.
You make a great point! What time exactly did she leave to walk out to the car? Video of her could help put pieces together also.

Hello all. First time poster here. Not sure if this will be useful information but this photo of Ian Powers was reversed. I compared it to the sticker/logo on the hat from an earlier photo at the game. I've corrected it and it appears to be the Citrix sign in the background. This would have placed him roughly in the nearby Hilton parking lot.

Attachments

• 154238051681433346.jpg
    154238051681433346.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 270
If you look closely it does appear something is on his shoulder. The shirt does not match up with his neck because something is there. Am I crazy?

Hello all. First time poster here. Not sure if this will be useful information but this photo of Ian Powers was reversed. I compared it to the sticker/logo on the hat from an earlier photo at the game. I've corrected it and it appears to be the Citrix sign in the background. This would have placed him roughly in the nearby Hilton parking lot.

Great catch. Definitely looks like he's in front of a car to me

I watched the game on TV, it didn't appear to be a sell out. I think between the wildfires nearby and the fact that 49ers and NYGiants have the worst records in the league right now didn't draw that many people either.

And I'm kinda surprised that a 49ers fan would walk away from a game with 6 minutes left when your team has a slight lead.

Going to the bathroom before the end makes sense because you don't want to get caught in the mayhem of everybody trying to go after the game. Agreeing to meet outside afterward because it would be hard to find each other in the sea of people leaving makes sense too.

But everything after that, I'm at a loss.

Going to the bathroom before the end makes sense because you don't want to get caught in the mayhem of everybody trying to go after the game. Agreeing to meet outside afterward because it would be hard to find each other in the sea of people leaving makes sense too.

But everything after that, I'm at a loss.

That makes no sense. A woman, maybe yes, but men can easily get in and out of a rest room rather quickly. A ticket cost $150 or more (and here we have a family of 4) and you leave with 6 minutes left in a game where the score and the outcome could go either way?

That makes no sense. A woman, maybe yes, but men can easily get in and out of a rest room rather quickly. A ticket cost $150 or more (and here we have a family of 4) and you leave with 6 minutes left in a game where the score and the outcome could go either way?

Good point. I'm really trying to figure out what accounts for this ~45 minute time gap in between when he got up and when he was seen leaving. Maybe he thought his family was meeting him in the stadium and he waited for them? I wonder how long they stayed in their seats before realizing he wasn't coming back.

Since he's a 49ers fan but lives in Spokane (obviously he's not a Seahawks fan), I have to assume that he grew up in the SF area.

Did he meet someone he knew inside or outside the stadium for any reason?

Good point. I'm really trying to figure out what accounts for this ~45 minute time gap in between when he got up and when he was seen leaving. Maybe he thought his family was meeting him in the stadium and he waited for them? I wonder how long they stayed in their seats before realizing he wasn't coming back.

Did he go to get another drink? If he's drunk maybe that was more important to him than seeing the end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back