The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queens toast to Charles:

"It is a privilege for any mother to be able to propose a toast to her son on his 70th birthday. It means that you have lived long enough to see your child grow up. It is rather like —to use an analogy I am certain will find favour — planting a tree and being able to watch it grow.

My mother saw me turn 70, of course. And she was heard to observe that 70 is exactly the age when the number of candles on your cake finally exceeds the amount of breath you have to blow them out.

Over his 70 years, Philip and I have seen Charles become a champion of conservation and the arts, a great charitable leader — a dedicated and respected heir to the throne to stand comparison with any in history — and a wonderful father.

Most of all, sustained by his wife Camilla, he is his own man, passionate and creative. So this toast is to wish a happy birthday to my son, in every respect a duchy original. To you Charles. To the Prince of Wales.”
Anyone think she will pass on the throne to Charles soon??

Looks like Harry and Meghan may not be moving into KP's huge apartment as has been expected after all. IDK, the Daily Mail is not very reliable but they do usually have fairly good royal info.

Harry and Meghan 'may leave their cottage at Kensington Palace for more space to raise their family' | Daily Mail Online

I'd like to see them have a lovely country home to raise their family in, with Harry doing his royal duties as he's inclined and as the future Monarchs would like. I haven't thought he looked very relaxed or happy lately with all the stresses..

5DCF9EDD-1E59-46A2-BA26-4629A60FAA49.jpeg

Looks like Harry and Meghan may not be moving into KP's huge apartment as has been expected after all. IDK, the Daily Mail is not very reliable but they do usually have fairly good royal info.

Harry and Meghan 'may leave their cottage at Kensington Palace for more space to raise their family' | Daily Mail Online

I'd like to see them have a lovely country home to raise their family in, with Harry doing his royal duties as he's inclined and as the future Monarchs would like. I haven't thought he looked very relaxed or happy lately with all the stresses..

They have a lovely country home York cottage (see photo above) on the Sandringham Estate which the Queen gave them as a wedding present. I would be surprised if the Duke and Duchess leave Kensington Palace. A London home which meets their needs including security would cost an absolute fortune.

View attachment 156008

They have a lovely country home York cottage (see photo above) on the Sandringham Estate which the Queen gave them as a wedding present. I would be surprised if the Duke and Duchess leave Kensington Palace. A London home which meets their needs including security would cost an absolute fortune.

The Daily Mail calls this " Harry rents a converted cow shed in Great Tew, Oxfordshire" unless there are 3 properties the Sussexes ramble around in. 1) Nottingham Cottage, KP. 2) York Cottage, Sandringham 3) Converted cow shed at Great Tew.

Might someone clarify if there are 2 properties outside KP or just one given different names? I have no idea if they need a London home. Is there a reason why Harry and Meghan should live in London, proper?
Maybe they should retire to the countryside estate the Queen gave them and raise their children, as Harry has so often said he wants to leave and live a perfectly ordinary life out of the spotlight.

ETA: I see that Sandringham and Oxfordshire are about 130 miles apart, so why did the Daily Fail leave out the house the Queen gave them? That would be a fantastic home! Pretty little children running everywhere chasing the birds and squirrels.. ;)

View attachment 156008

“Cottage “ is an interesting term. Hard to imagine that the cottage would not be big enough

The Daily Mail calls this " Harry rents a converted cow shed in Great Tew, Oxfordshire" unless there are 3 properties the Sussexes ramble around in. 1) Nottingham Cottage, KP. 2) York Cottage, Sandringham 3) Converted cow shed at Great Tew.

Might someone clarify if there are 2 properties outside KP or just one given different names? I have no idea if they need a London home. Is there a reason why Harry and Meghan should live in London, proper?
Maybe they should retire to the countryside estate the Queen gave them and raise their children, as Harry has so often said he wants to leave and live a perfectly ordinary life out of the spotlight.

ETA: I see that Sandringham and Oxfordshire are about 130 miles apart, so why did the Daily Fail leave out the house the Queen gave them? That would be a fantastic home! Pretty little children running everywhere chasing the birds and squirrels.. ;)

There are two properties in addition to Nottingham Cottage in KP, York Cottage and the rental at Great Tew. York cottage looks lovely I much prefer it to Amner Hall where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge live as their country home.

They need a London base because of all the engagements they carry out in the capital and in the surrounding area. Princess Anne, the Duke of York and Prince Edward all have apartments in Buckingham Palace that’s where I would live if I had the choice.

Prince Harry can’t retire from Royal life although his role isn’t as significant as Prince William,the future king, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very important for the future of the Monarchy. They are needed to carry out the hundreds of Royal engagements each year that the Royals need to do between them. You can see from the recent Royal tour in Australia that they are very good for Royal public relations.

There are two properties in addition to Nottingham Cottage in KP, York Cottage and the rental at Great Tew. York cottage looks lovely I much prefer it to Amner Hall where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge live as their country home.

They need a London base because of all the engagements they carry out in the capital and in the surrounding area. Princess Anne, the Duke of York and Prince Edward all have apartments in Buckingham Palace that’s where I would live if I had the choice.

Prince Harry can’t retire from Royal life although his role isn’t as significant as Prince William,the future king, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very important for the future of the Monarchy. They are needed to carry out the hundreds of Royal engagements each year that the Royals need to do between them. You can see from the recent Royal tour in Australia that they are very good for Royal public relations.

I just want Harry to be happy and relaxed again. To have the life he wants, where he wants it.
No royal has to do any charitable work, from what I understand. The income for Harry and Meghan comes from his inheritance, her savings as an actress, and from the taxes in duchy which is his- that of Sussex.

The members of the BRF do not legislate or formulate policies. It's a historical figurehead ceremonial and traditional set of positions according to birth order ( or sex, formerly).
Their required apolitical stance is probably why I like them, as a US citizen who doesn't have to pay for any of their security or other needs. They are beautiful, handsome, glamorous, decorous, and so very lovely European to an American. ;)

Yeah, we’re all like that over here, dontcha know!

(says me, sprawled in an unladylike fashion on the sofa in my pj’s and slippers, with dorito crumbs and a blob of hummus on my top)

Yeah, but that's okay because it's about 9 p.m. where you live. Us Americans, we do that in the middle of the day! We shower and change at 6:30 right before our husbands come home LOL. And then after dinner we get right back into our pajamas.

Didn't the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge live much of the time in Amner Hall when Prince William was continuing his work as an air ambulance pilot? Do you think the Duke and Duchess of Sussex could be primarily based at York Cottage while still carrying out engagements? Or is it too far to be practical without a reason (like Prince William's job) to be out there so often?

All gorgeous, but my favourite is Balmoral, just wow!!

I wonder what they are like inside.

I wonder if they are cold.

My husband’s sister’s ex is about 50. He was from England. He said went he went to school they wore those gloves with partial fingers because the school was so cold.

What do they do with so many rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member