IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s certainly possible, but I just don’t feel like the girls were carried in. JMO

I feel that the girls were killed where they were found. My explanation for why the girls weren’t found right next to each other is pretty gruesome. I think one girl tried to run away when the other one was killed, and was killed before she could completely get away. JMO, and horrifying. But then, this whole thing is horrifying!

From the photo is doesn’t look like the girls remains are more than a few feet apart. I think the monster positioned them that way because he wanted the girls found. It is interesting that it looks like he made no attempt to conceal the remains he could have buried them for eg. I think he was proud of what he has done and was taunting law enforcement.

I don’t know if this has been discussed on a previous thread. This is the first I’ve seen regarding Dan’s thoughts about Lyric.

A conversation with Lyric Cook’s father from behind bars

“Dan says he thinks about Lyric every day and getting through her death has been a process…a long, difficult process.”

I can’t imagine what a crime like this would do to a parent. It must be very difficult to cope with especially with the perp not being held accountable yet.

From the photo is doesn’t look like the girls remains are more than a few feet apart. I think the monster positioned them that way because he wanted the girls found. It is interesting that it looks like he made no attempt to conceal the remains he could have buried them for eg. I think he was proud of what he has done and was taunting law enforcement.

I’ve wondered about why the perp didn’t bury the girls. I thought he may have seen or heard something that made him nervous, causing him to leave before he could dig two graves.

I never considered that he wanted the girls to be found, but it does make sense. Snatching two little girls in broad daylight on a summer day without getting caught is a gutsy move and something he was probably proud of. Ugh. This is just so awful!

My insomnia is kicking in big time, so I’ve been researching cases where two girls disappear together and are later found dead.

A lot of twosomes were abducted in the 70’s as they were hitchhiking, and were later found dead. These girls were older than Lyric and Lizzy, usually mid-teens.

There are a couple of cases where twosomes disappear from carnivals.

I’m not suggesting any of these cases are related to our girls, many of these cases occurred decades ago.

So far I haven’t found any cases with facts similar to this case. Except the Delphi girls. The more I try to prove to myself that these two cases aren’t related, the harder it is.

Sorry for the wanderings of my poor old mind.

My insomnia is kicking in big time, so I’ve been researching cases where two girls disappear together and are later found dead.

A lot of twosomes were abducted in the 70’s as they were hitchhiking, and were later found dead. These girls were older than Lyric and Lizzy, usually mid-teens.

I’m not suggesting any of these cases are related to our girls, many of these cases occurred decades ago.

So far I haven’t found any cases with facts similar to this case. Except the Delphi girls. The more I try to prove to myself that these two cases aren’t related, the harder it is.

The Lyons sisters from Maryland in the 1970s. They were 10 & 12. Their bodies have never been found, but LE is certain what happened (burned) to them . They had gone to a local shopping center and were walking back when abducted and the killer was been charged and pled guilty.

The Lyons sisters from Maryland in the 1970s. They were 10 & 12. Their bodies have never been found, but LE is certain what happened (burned) to them . They had gone to a local shopping center and were walking back when abducted and the killer was been charged and pled guilty.

I was a little girl living in the nearby Virginia suburbs when the Lyons sisters went missing in 1975. Abduction by stranger has always been a big fear for me because of those poor girls. It certainly made a lasting impression on me as a child and then a parent and now as a grandparent. Always in the back of my mind and much more vigilant as a result. It was a terrible, terrifying thing and I've never forgotten those girls.

I was a little girl living in the nearby Virginia suburbs when the Lyons sisters went missing in 1975. Abduction by stranger has always been a big fear for me because of those poor girls. It certainly made a lasting impression on me as a child and then a parent and now as a grandparent. Always in the back of my mind and much more vigilant as a result. It was a terrible, terrifying thing and I've never forgotten those girls.

The Lyon case is a horrendous one and I don’t think it has been resolved satisfactorily since I believe one of the perps involved is deceased and escaped justice.

Joseph Duncan kidnapped SammieJo White and Carmen Cubias off the street prior to kidnapping the Groene children and killing their family.
Edited to add...Joseph E Duncan would have been imprisoned in 2009 and not a suspect in Lyric and Lizzie’s murders.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2008/aug/26/killings-of-three-other-kids-recounted/?amp-content=amp

Last edited:
I feel like they were killed where they were found. I base this on simply the girl's weight and size. I know Lizzy was small, but didn't Lyric weigh close to 140 lbs? If so, it would have been nearly impossible for one person to carry her very far. That is an extreme amount of weight for anyone or even any two to carry, especially in rough terrain. Now, having said that, they may have been taken somewhere else first and things done to them, but I can't help but believe they were killed where they were found.

I don't know if this area is assessible by 4-wheel drive or not. I believe I saw a video where a vehicle was able to get somewhat close to where they were found, but noy all the way there.

Great references, here. I don't believe it was accessible by 4WD. Here's a SS I took from Google Satellite, the pin is roughly where the bodies were found:

Attachments

• Seven Bridges Park.png
    Seven Bridges Park.png
    918.8 KB · Views: 43
Oh and BTW, my above post about the CS...

It would not have been accessible by 4WD during Summer, from what I've read, but maybe it was when the bodied were found? Similar to the Delphi case, the foliage really makes a difference in the environment. When the leaves are down, easy to get around in the woods and on MHB. Not so during Summer.

JMO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theore...9/10/kayleigh-morrison-liberty-mccasland/amp/

Forgive me if this link has been previously shared. The author does a good job of noting similarities between the Evansdale and Delphi murders. Im not convinced these cases are related, but open to the possibility. Truly hoping there aren’t TWO perpetrators capable of of this type of crime.

The FBI profile is included in this.

My personal opinion, although the FBI doesn’t agree, is that this is an individual is a transient and more like Gary Hilton. I feel that this person is opportunistic and the age of the victims makes them easier to scare into submission. Taking two at once may not have been intentional, but rather an unfortunate (for the girls) coincidence. If related, then the second crime was likely an intentional double abduction.
I also feel the individual is familiar/comfortable with walking trails and outdoor locations.

If the crimes are related, then I wonder why the Evansdale girls were taken 25 miles away from the abduction site. Did Delphi Libby struggle with the abductor and this is what, in the end, kept the Delphi girls closer to the abduction site?

Praying we find the(se) individual(s) before it happens again.

Edited to add link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/483420002

“A stranger with $100 bills: How an Iowa man tried to kidnap at least 19 kids across the state.”
That name has popped up before...imo.
From link.

636546513796271724-Altmayer6.JPG

Jeff Lee Altmayer leaves the courtroom after being sentenced to life in prison for first-degree kidnapping, second-degree sexual abuse and two counts of enticing a minor Monday, Feb. 19, 2018. Altmayer held a legal pad in front of him throughout the sentencing, refusing the judge's order to put it down.(Photo: Zach Boyden-Holmes/The Register)

Thank goodness for the brave young man who decided to follow the predator and help police catch him. The article says Mr Altmayer may be responsible for more than 19 attempted lurings across the state.

IDK if he is a suspect in the Evansville case, but it’s interesting to see his MO and note that he traveled further away from his town of residence to prevent being caught.
It’s possible that the Evansville perp is not a local but does have knowledge of the area.
Also of note is that Altmayers job gave him cause to travel across the region.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/483420002

Snip <Austin Kirkpatrick, 22, of Onawa, pursued Jeff Altmayer in November 2016 -- helping police arrest him.> snip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson