Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we to believe that this was the perfect storm for Hania? A carjacking guy wonders around for a couple of miles to her trailer park, in the early morning hours and lo and behold there is a car running and just by chance there is a 13 year old girl standing out side it and only children as witnesses and he kidnaps her, (she loses the her phone) and then dumps the car and somehow escapes with her or without her, we are not sure. He leaves nothing in terms of evidence and we are at a loss. None of it makes sense to me. But it is possible, because here we are. I wish she had been texting him at least it would have given the FBI something to go on. Maybe if there had been any digital evidence they would have found her by now. God this makes me sick, so many kids and poof they are gone or killed.

My thoughts are it's a random dirtbag crime. If the perpetrator is the guy in the video he was walking around mindlessly for awhile. I think this opportunity suddenly presented itself and I kinda think it was more about wanting a car than wanting Hania.
That's my first thought, too. After thinking back to when my uncle's truck was stolen sometime in the middle of the night from my mom's driveway in Lumberton fifteen years ago or so, and hearing that there are a lot of stolen vehicles, especially trucks, in the area, I think that's what the theft was about. But he did rip out of there with her in the car, so ...

And one more thing, a bit belated --

Welcome to Websleuths, StarryStarryNight !!

IMO there are many possibilities here.

1. Random dirtbag who is an opportunistic carjacker and perhaps also an opportunistic predator/sexual offender and maybe even killer.

2. Hebephile/stalker who may have seen her in the neighborhood or somewhere else and had his eyes set on her and planned on abducting her.

3. Revenge kidnapping or hit for a debt owed by the family/altercation.

4. Trafficking

5. Online catfish we don’t know about.

Other thoughts?

I'm leaning towards random crime of opportunity. It is possible that had Hania's aunt come out to start up the car, and was there all alone, he would have taken her instead. I googled car jacking's where the driver is taken and found quite a few of them. I think it is possible he did not know Hania's age because it was early morning and she was starting a car. He may have assumed she was driving age or older. There is usually a sexual assault and/or a trip to the ATM involved in carjackings where the victim is forced to go with the assailant. :(

Here are some NC cases of Carjacking/Kidnapping:

CHARLOTTE ATM KIDNAPPING: Surveillance photo released of man accused of carjacking, assaulting woman at Charlotte ATM

He kidnapped a woman from a gas station and sexually assaulted her on an interstate, cops say

Hoke sheriff: Man carjacked, kidnapped, assaulted woman, child :: WRAL.com

Carjacking, kidnapping and crash gets man $1.275M bond | Laurinburg Exchange

Suspect in deadly Billings carjacking also accused of kidnapping, killing North Carolina woman

Police: Woman survived carjacking, kidnapping

NC woman used pepper spray to thwart attempted kidnapping

Matt Parris on Twitter

A church gathers to pray for a missing teen: Hania Aguilar. Why this pastor is praying for all Robeson Co. youth—tonight on @wpdeabc15 at 11. #FindHania #ncnews

DsVgTPfWwAEX7t2.jpg

Amber Alert: Hania Aguilar has been missing for 2 weeks
A 13-year-old girl has been missing for two weeks. An Amber Alert remains active for Hania Noelia Aguilar of Lumberton, North Carolina.

Lumberton police officials continue to work leads in Aguilar's disappearance. They previously encouraged the public to stop sharing "misinformation" about the Amber Alert case that has rocked the community for more than a week, saying that it is hampering their investigation.

"We need these rumors stopped," he said. "It makes it harder to find Hania."

Chief McNeill said they also need to see more surveillance video from around the area the SUV was found in order to pinpoint when it was abandoned.
He added that officers are working around the clock to bring Hania home.

FBI expands surveillance request in Hania Aguilar case
"We are at a critical phase in our investigation and need the public’s help," said Shelly Lynch, FBI-Charlotte spokesperson.

The FBI has been requesting surveillance video from those near Hania's home-- the Rosewood Mobile Home Park off Elizabethtown Road.

"Unfortunately, many have not contacted us, even when FBI Special Agents left business cards and reward flyers asking for a call-back," Lynch said. "If we do not reach everyone with video soon, that video could be lost as many systems will purge the older footage automatically."

Authorities say they are "desperately" trying to acquire additional footage of the stolen SUV to determine when and how it got to Quincey Drive, where it was found three days after Hania's disappearance.

"Today, we are expanding our plea for video to all of Robeson County, specifically along Highway 41/Elizabethtown Road and any side streets, especially along Popes Crossing Road, Wire Grass Road, and Lovett Road."

Last edited:
FBI Charlotte (@FBICharlotte) | Twitter
FBI Charlotte on Twitter | 12:00 PM (EST) - 19 Nov 2018

2 weeks since Hania Aguilar was kidnapped. We still need surveillance video to track the stolen SUV. We are expanding our plea for video to all of Robeson Co, specifically along Hwy 41/Elizabethtown Rd, Popes Crossing Rd, Wire Grass Rd, Lovett Rd. Call tip line -910-272-5871.

DsYXbbyWkAARdZn.jpg

Amber Alert: Hania Aguilar has been missing for 2 weeks
**snipped to pick out main topic I’m addressing in article**
Chief McNeill said they also need to see more surveillance video from around the area the SUV was found in order to pinpoint when it was abandoned.
He added that officers are working around the clock to bring Hania home.

FBI Charlotte on Twitter | 12:00 PM (EST) - 19 Nov 2018

2 weeks since Hania Aguilar was kidnapped. We still need surveillance video to track the stolen SUV. We are expanding our plea for video to all of Robeson Co, specifically along Hwy 41/Elizabethtown Rd, Popes Crossing Rd, Wire Grass Rd, Lovett Rd. Call tip line -910-272-5871.

View attachment 156305

Is it just me or in many of these crimes/situations we follow Law Enforcment, including the FBI, have the need to practically beg for video surveillance?? I know we are all unusual in the fact that we follow these cases, and know how helpful video is and would do the best we could to turn anything over to help. I’m not saying anyone is withholding anything intentionally, although at times it might be possible they are. I just don’t know what all the obstacles are in regard “turning over video surveillance”, but it appears it needs to be made easier somehow with the main goal to impress upon others who have the video surveillance more how much it can help!
JMO.. maybe I’m just really upset by this case, live in NC and it seems that LE are really trying to keep this in the news and gain more information.

FBI Charlotte on Twitter | 12:15 PM (EST) - 19 Nov 2018

We've visited places, left business cards & flyers to get video from points of interest in our investigation to #FindHania. We still haven't heard back from many people. Call tip line -910-272-5871. Especially, Highway 41/Elizabethtown, Popes Crossing, Wire Grass, Lovett Rds.

DsYa4-VWoAM2xdt.jpg

FBI Charlotte on Twitter | 12:15 PM (EST) - 19 Nov 2018

We've visited places, left business cards & flyers to get video from points of interest in our investigation to #FindHania. We still haven't heard back from many people. Call tip line -910-272-5871. Especially, Highway 41/Elizabethtown, Popes Crossing, Wire Grass, Lovett Rds.

View attachment 156306

Great post. (You always post the best information.) Exactly my concern about LE having to use so much effort to obtain video!

Great post. (You always post the best information.) Exactly my concern about LE having to use so much effort to obtain video!

I think a mom, sister, girlfriend, buddy is suspicious of someone but is either in denial or in protection mode. We've seen that in other cases, regardless of whether the community in general is reluctant to deal with LE.

Did someone come home with scratches after Hania went missing? Did someone appear at a time or location he wouldn't normally be that morning? Did someone miss work that day? Did someone in the area change morning routines?

There is a chance this perp could strike again....very important to call in a tip to save someone else.

jmo

So are we to believe that this was the perfect storm for Hania? A carjacking guy wonders around

Snipped.

It's not necessarily that this guy was a carjacker wandering around looking for a car to take (though maybe), but rather a bad guy walking around - and when he saw an opportunity, he took it.

Maybe he was walking through the trailer park in search of cars, maybe he was there to score drugs or visit someone, maybe he was looking for a place to crash, maybe he was taking a short cut to somewhere else. We don't know, of course, but he could just be someone who took advantage of whatever came along....and Hania came along.

jmo

Snipped.

It's not necessarily that this guy was a carjacker wandering around looking for a car to take (though maybe), but rather a bad guy walking around - and when he saw an opportunity, he took it.

Maybe he was walking through the trailer park in search of cars, maybe he was there to score drugs or visit someone, maybe he was looking for a place to crash, maybe he was taking a short cut to somewhere else. We don't know, of course, but he could just be someone who took advantage of whatever came along....and Hania came along.

jmo

Or maybe he lives there.

JMO.

How was the SUV discovered in the beginning?

After photos of the stolen SUV were released to the public, someone called in the tip after seeing the vehicle backed in the woods. (bbm)

911 call led officers to SUV used in girl's kidnapping
A 911 call led deputies to Quincey Drive off of Alamac Road in Lumberton where they found the green 2002 Ford Expedition, according to Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill.

“Our search has for Hania is expanding every second, and it’s also become more dire now. The stolen SUV used in the kidnapping of was found just before 8 a.m. this morning off Quincey Drive here in Lumberton, North Carolina. Someone called 911 and said they saw the vehicle backed in the woods," said McNeill.

Lumberton Police Department | 11/19/2018 1:51pm (EST)

Today, marks two weeks since Hania Aguilar was kidnapped outside her home in Lumberton. We are at a critical phase in our investigation and need the public’s help. Many times over the past few weeks, we have asked for anyone in Lumberton or surrounding Robeson County with surveillance video to call us. Unfortunately, many have not contacted us, even when FBI Special Agents left business cards and reward flyers asking for a call-back. If we do not reach everyone with video soon, that video could be lost as many systems will purge the older footage automatically. We are desperately trying to locate additional footage of the stolen SUV to determine when and how it got to Quincey Drive where it was found on November 8th. Today, we are expanding our plea for video to all of Robeson County, specifically along Highway 41/Elizabethtown Road and any side streets, especially along Popes Crossing Road, Wire Grass Road, and Lovett Road. Please call the tip line number at 910-272-5871.

46498966_1916506581719518_7271307150259912704_n.jpg

No one coming forward with video?

Even with a personal visit from the FBI and desperate plead from LE?

Why? Nobody wanting to help find her?

I don’t get it. I’ve seen people post and share their video on NextDoor without hesitation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member