Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this case is a hard one to solve.

It was probably as easy as "here's who we think is the perp(s), here's why we can't go to trial" and then that's the end of it. Can't do much without proof.
I would agree with this. I have thought that police have known or had a pretty good idea of what happened that night, for a long time. But like you said, short of having supporting evidence, they only have one chance to try the case. And in a case of this magnitude, they don't want to try to risk bringing it to trial on circumstantial evidence. I may be wrong. I know the group of investigators looked at the case several years ago, over a couple day time period. They returned to the SPD their suggestions on what they thought of the case, and where SPD should go investigation wise with the case. However, unfortunately, this information was never released to the public. But they had to have had their hooks into something for them to return "Suggestions" to the SPD. Were they suggestions and recommendations on who to look at, or how to bring the case to trial, or things that tied certain people to the crime? Wish we knew. But again, Like SpringfieldMan341 implied, and I agree, I think police knew more about this crime than they let on. May be that's why they're not talking about the case. May be they are just waiting for that, "One missing link" that ties the case up and brings it to trial. But I'm not holding my breath at this point. Like SpringfieldMan341 said, and I also agree, I think the answer is easier than people think and I also think it is right in front of our noses. But short of hard evidence, or someone spilling the beans and confessing, good luck.

I would agree with this. I have thought that police have known or had a pretty good idea of what happened that night, for a long time. But like you said, short of having supporting evidence, they only have one chance to try the case. And in a case of this magnitude, they don't want to try to risk bringing it to trial on circumstantial evidence. I may be wrong. I know the group of investigators looked at the case several years ago, over a couple day time period. They returned to the SPD their suggestions on what they thought of the case, and where SPD should go investigation wise with the case. However, unfortunately, this information was never released to the public. But they had to have had their hooks into something for them to return "Suggestions" to the SPD. Were they suggestions and recommendations on who to look at, or how to bring the case to trial, or things that tied certain people to the crime? Wish we knew. But again, Like SpringfieldMan341 implied, and I agree, I think police knew more about this crime than they let on. May be that's why they're not talking about the case. May be they are just waiting for that, "One missing link" that ties the case up and brings it to trial. But I'm not holding my breath at this point. Like SpringfieldMan341 said, and I also agree, I think the answer is easier than people think and I also think it is right in front of our noses. But short of hard evidence, or someone spilling the beans and confessing, good luck.

I hate the idea of people not people not thinking this case will be solved or holding their breath. Don't turn blue lol.

Suzie partied quite a bit. Revising history because you don't like her image as a "partier" (not that she was, technically, but she did attend quite a few) doesn't help this case, it hinders it.

No one is slamming Levitt or Streeter. Only presenting the facts.

It's not even bad that she partied or that she experimented with drugs. No reason to feel the need to get defensive about reputations. I think all three women were great. Their characters aren't the issue.

That makes sense.

I hate the idea of people not people not thinking this case will be solved or holding their breath. Don't turn blue lol.
I think it's just about someone coming forward with evidence. Surely the guilt is eating at them as we speak.

SPD statement suggests a girlfriend/wife might be of help. I wonder who this person is?

Last edited:
IMO...all 3 women would not have disappeared/perished if the 2 young women had attended Project Grad.

It's impossible to say that for certain. Despite some of my favorite theories, there is still the possibility that they were kidnapped and killed by someone who was stalking them in their neighborhood. There were multiple reports of window peepers, etc. and the home was adjacent to Glenstone, a very busy thoroughfare.

If there was a stalker/killer in the neighborhood, Sherill still would have been abducted. He could have also decided to strike on a different night when Sherill and Suzie were both at home. Any number of possibilities.

It's impossible to say that for certain. Despite some of my favorite theories, there is still the possibility that they were kidnapped and killed by someone who was stalking them in their neighborhood. There were multiple reports of window peepers, etc. and the home was adjacent to Glenstone, a very busy thoroughfare.

If there was a stalker/killer in the neighborhood, Sherill still would have been abducted. He could have also decided to strike on a different night when Sherill and Suzie were both at home. Any number of possibilities.
There's also the possibility that this was only supposed to happen to Sherrill and Suzie. So yes, if they made one split decision it could have saved Stacy's life for sure, not so sure this person(s) would have let up on their goal seeing how planned it was.

But then again, Stacy could have been the reason the perp(s) escalated. So you could be right. Either way, this was planned, IMO.....

Suzie partied quite a bit. Revising history because you don't like her image as a "partier" (not that she was, technically, but she did attend quite a few) doesn't help this case, it hinders it.

No one is slamming Levitt or Streeter. Only presenting the facts.

It's not even bad that she partied or that she experimented with drugs. No reason to feel the need to get defensive about reputations. I think all three women were great. Their characters aren't the issue.

I agree that the fact Suzie "partied" doesn't reflect poorly on her and that she, her mom and Stacie were very good people.

The important thing to remember is that none of these women were responsible for or did anything to bring about their abductions and disappearance. 100% of the responsibility lies with the killer(s). All of it. He/they made the choice to attack and (probably) kill these women. Had it not been these victims, it probably would have been someone else.

ETA: Hundreds of kids were out at the graduation parties that night. Many had also probably partied before, maybe did some drugs. None of them were abducted. YKIM?

https://www.springfieldmo.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/2003

This is the SPD statement seeking someone close to the suspect to come forward.

Important statements to me:
Detectives believe that someone, be it a former girlfriend, a past friend or associate, or a relative of the suspect, has information that can help solve the case. Given the passage of time, detectives hope that people who may have potentially useful information, even if: it seems somewhat unimportant to them, or they think that someone else has already filed a similar report, or the information does not completely fit with previously reported information, will come forward. Ultimately, detectives want to solve the case and provide closure to the community and the victims' families.

Around the time of the crime, the suspect may have spent a considerable amount of time in, or may otherwise have been familiar with, the area of the crime, and he may have frequently been out and about at odd hours. The suspect also may have developed an interest in the victims. People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing this type of crime, and he may not have a history of committing crimes of violence.

Does this sound like anyone we've discussed here?

"past friend"...any clues to who that might be?

"may not believe he is capable of committing this type of crime" this sound like some one?

"developed an interest" ... long time plan to execute at least part of this crime...

Last edited:

That's true, good point.

McCall remembers how things were rolling out of the purses

So whoever was responsible obviously went though the purses and then shoved everything back in hence stuff rolling out of them.

So why go though them if they was not planning to steal cash?

I hate to say it but the most likely answer seems drugs imo

So whoever was responsible obviously went though the purses and then shoved everything back in hence stuff rolling out of them.

Maybe I’ve watched too many shows like the Sopranos, but wouldn’t someone looking for drugs take money as well? With money you can buy more drugs. I don’t see a drug addict just taking drugs or leaving money behind.

Maybe I’ve watched too many shows like the Sopranos, but wouldn’t someone looking for drugs take money as well? With money you can buy more drugs. I don’t see a drug addict just taking drugs or leaving money behind.

Maybe they didn’t want the women being connected to drugs in the first place as that would open up a new can of worms?

I honestly have no idea but the purses were obviously placed there by somebody as Suzie’s room wasn’t next doors to her mums and her mums purse would not of been with the two young women’s either right by Suzie’s door.

I can certainly understand why the police have never solved this as it’s a mess. We have criminal who went through the purses but didn’t steal any money ( that we are aware of) and then placed them in a random place. Photo frames empty as well and I know some don’t agree with me but people do not stick photo frames up empty. So that’s another mystery.

Sherrill was a neat freak but her room was untidy.

The amount of clothes both women had was mind boggling as well considering she was a single mum on a single persons wage.

Drug users usually swipe available cash.

I think this was deeper and darker than drugs. They must have known something and needed to be silenced.

The planned aspect and leftover money tells me this.

Someone who took an interest in Sherrill or Suzie got in too deep. Silence was part of the motive.....

I think it's just about someone coming forward with evidence. Surely the guilt is eating at them as we speak.

SPD statement suggests a girlfriend/wife might be of help. I wonder who this person is?
I've often wondered if they are talking about the same person in that statement. They said, "May be a girlfriend, an exwife" There is at least one person that fits this profile. Now I don't think the person who fits this profile actually committed the crime, but I do think they know more about what happened than they will ever speak of. It would be nice if police would offer immunity to who ever they appear to be reaching out to. Some incentive to talk. Of course, if this person they are reaching out to, had to sell out one of their close family members or relatives, that may be futile and they may never be willing to do this short of a monstrously substantial reward and immunity attached to it.

Drug users usually swipe available cash.

I think this was deeper and darker than drugs. They must have known something and needed to be silenced.

The planned aspect and leftover money tells me this.

Someone who took an interest in Sherrill or Suzie got in too deep. Silence was part of the motive.....
I 100% agree with this. We may be wrong, but I agree someone wanted them silenced. I just dont see it being random but this is just my opinion. if It was a random attack I could more see them being killed and left in the house rather than taking them and risking being seen and caught. But then again I’m not a abductor or murderer so I wouldn’t think like one.

Last edited:
Most abductors/ murderers aren't Hitchcock, and aren't weaving convoluted tales of mayhem. The simplest of answers is usually ahead of the complicated. Who remembers Graduation night? Or any weekend senior year...How much would it take to leave the house you were going to stay at? A lot to drink, you need a floor and possibly, blanket and/ or your own clothes as pillow...

Most abductors/ murderers aren't Hitchcock, and aren't weaving convoluted tales of mayhem. The simplest of answers is usually ahead of the complicated. Who remembers Graduation night? Or any weekend senior year...How much would it take to leave the house you were going to stay at? A lot to drink, you need a floor and possibly, blanket and/ or your own clothes as pillow...

The chaos about where the girls were going to sleep that night is weird due to the fact Stacey by the sounds of it would normally of stuck with Janelle. Even Stacey’s mum seemed confused by that fact.

And considering what time Janelle got up they wasn’t going to get more than 5 hours sleep anyway. So why couldn’t they of shared Janelle’s bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong