IL - Active Shooter at Mercy Hospital, Chicago, 19 Nov 2018

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
Multiple people, including police officer and shooter, wounded in 'active shooter' attack at Mercy Hospital: Officials

A Chicago police officer and multiple other people, including an apparent shooter, were wounded in an “active shooter” attack at Mercy Hospital on the Near South Side that brought out a large police presence Monday afternoon, authorities said.

The officer was critically injured in the shooting attack at and near the hospital, 2525 S. Michigan Ave., about 3:20 p.m., a police spokesman said.

Police officer in critical condition from shooting at a Chicago hospital
Police officer in critical condition from shooting at Mercy Hospital in Chicago
Police responded to reports of shots fired at a Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
181119-chicago-mercy-hospital-se-500p_d6d912d88fbfbdc98305b6f30ae62854.fit-760w.jpg

Mercy Hospital in Chicago on Nov. 19, 2018.WMAQ
"At least one suspect was shot and police were conducting a methodical search of the hospital, Guglielmi tweeted earlier, as authorities warned the public to avoid the area"

Police officer in critical condition from shooting at a Chicago hospital
Police officer in critical condition from shooting at Mercy Hospital in Chicago
Police responded to reports of shots fired at a Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
181119-chicago-mercy-hospital-se-500p_d6d912d88fbfbdc98305b6f30ae62854.fit-760w.jpg

Mercy Hospital in Chicago on Nov. 19, 2018.WMAQ

I've been the officer's family member that received this call. I don't wish it on anyone. My family member lived but so many are not as fortunate, and my heart breaks every time I hear of an officer down.

Last edited:
Believed to have started in the parking lot as a domestic disturbance. Officer engaged suspect, both wounded. News crews are en route to a press briefing now.
OT you scanner peeps are my heroes. You guys are on everything so quickly and can multitask like nobodys business. Hats off to you

Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) | Twitter
Anthony Guglielmi on Twitter | 4:01 PM (CST) - 19 Nov 2018

A #ChicagoPolice officer has been shot in the active shooter incident at Mercy Hospital. He is in critical condition but receiving excellent care. Please send your prayers.

DsZcNilU4AYa6zt.jpg

Adam Collins (@AdamDCollins) | Twitter
Adam Collins on Twitter | 4:05 PM (CST) - 19 Nov 2018

Mayor Emanuel is currently at Public Safety HQ with @Chicago_Police Supt. Eddie Johnson where they are monitoring the events unfolding at Mercy Hospital.

Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) | Twitter
Anthony Guglielmi on Twitter | 4:46 PM (CST) - 19 Nov 2018

Media should stage at 57th and Maryland at University of Chicago hospital. A press briefing will occur later. Standby for details

DsZmb35X4AEm6D2.jpg

Thank you for starting this thread.

Doing intentional harm in a place that is meant for healing hurts to hear about.

Seems like we should get answers in the case about motive, etc. Sounds like a domestic situation, but why the seemingly random shooting then?

jmo

ATF Chicago (@ATF_Chicago) | Twitter
ATF Chicago on Twitter | 4:56 PM (CST) - 19 Nov 2018

ATF Chicago Field Division is responding to the active shooting incident at Mercy Hospital in Chicago and assisting our local and state partners. @ATF_Chicago @Chicago_Police

The Associated Press (@AP) | Twitter
The Associated Press on Twitter | 5:01 PM (CST) - 19 Nov 2018

BREAKING: Police: Suspected gunman dead, officer and 3 others in critical condition following shooting at Chicago hospital.

The Associated Press on Twitter | 5:08 PM (CST) - 19 Nov 2018

Gunman opens fire at Chicago hospital, wounds at least 4.

(The Associated Press added,)
Gunman opens fire at Chicago hospital, wounds at least 4

Chicago hospital shooting: Shooter dead, at least 3 others wounded, including police officer, at Mercy Hospital
"Witnesses said that before the shooting began, the shooter had been talking to a woman who became his first victim.

James Gray saw at least two people get shot. Gray said he was coming out of the clinic area when he saw a man in a black coat, black hat and dark pants shoot a woman three times in the chest. The man and the woman had been walking and talking to each other before the shooting, he said. The gunman stood over the woman and shot her three more times after she fell to the ground, said Gray. Then a squad car turned its lights on and came down the drive and the gunman shot at the squad car."

“It’s just a messed up situation and I was trying to help out as much as I could,” he said. "Get people to get out of the way of the windows. Because he could have easily just aimed at us, too. Because he was just shooting like a maniac. And he obviously knows how to shoot because he was holding the gun with both hands."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back