OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWIV probably as a witness signature.

Or maybe GW4's ex wife's sig? I think she had visitation, or at least did visit him there at their home. Someone on the thread, said earlier, that if a child has two living parents, both parents have to sign the paperwork for the child to cross the border. If I am remembering this correctly, then BW's mother would have had to sign. Whoever shared that, would that be correct?

Yes! And AW emailed CG requesting the article be changed and corrected to reflect that JW had gotten S the week prior on 4/15. That has always stuck out to me.

That was another thing, yes, it could have happened either way, but I wanted someone to speak up and say, "Oh, we saw JW and S at the <insert anyplace> off of AnyStreet, in Wherevertown, on the 16th. Yes, I can verify that he had her.", but no one ever did. Not even a neighbor spoke up publicly and said, she was out playing in the yard, on the Tuesday before the murders, yes, she was there.

I know, in the grand scheme of things, it seems small, but I wanted to know, which one was it? I still want to know...

I get where they were going with purchasing generic shoes, but I bet they left a digital trail for the purchases they made that's pages long. Just at 1 Wal-Mart trip alone...Wal-Mart security cameras, security footage to indicate what's purchased, security footage capable of clarity that LE could use to identify suspects, highly detailed scanner software at any big box store to assist with inventory - even if security footage wasn't clear enough, purchases are time and date stamped with internal records, any one of cell phone data/credit card data/video could put suspects at the location at the exact time of purchases. No, I just don't think they are nearly as smart as they think they are.

A lot of criminals have been caught due to purchases from WalMart and other big box stores. I'm thinking of David Eisenhauer and Natalie Keepers, who were caught purchasing shovels, clorox wipes, etc. at a Walmart around the time they murdered Nicole Lovell. Eisenhauer is another example of a narcissistic killer who thought he had developed a fool-proof murder scheme, only to find LE could track his purchases, cell phone calls and texts, even GPS of his location.
Like the Wagners, many of these killers have a pathological level of narcissism that makes them believe they're smarter and better than their victims and LE.

My guess is that Angela went to Walmart and bought all of her murdering family members the same shoe in the exact same size to wear while slaughtering the Rhodens. She was going to outsmart the FBI by making it appear that there was only one killer. (I saw this on an old crime show and Angela likely did too.)
I wonder if the shoes match the size and style of one of the victims

I don’t really find his comments odd considering when he said them. Anyone who’s been through grief knows a person says and does things that seem out of sorts. Multiply that by 8 and add each death being caused my murder and I tend to believe some of LM’s statements came from a place of deep grief, confusion, and pure desolation.

I have to agree with you. Additionally, these are what my Grandpa would call hill folk, he lived outside of Parkersburg, WV which is across the Ohio river from Southern Ohio in the deep countryside. In addition to a particular dialect, there is a form of “folk talk” unique to the area. When I read “ if they can take it, well we can too” I read it to mean if the killers can take the guilt/nightmares they are bound to have, then the family can be just as tough and bear the nightmare of their pain. I ran it by my DIL who hails from the Appalachia area and she agrees. IMHO

I've been thinking back on the timeline of events. I've always thought the purchase of DR's new home somehow triggered the events a month later. If HR moving into that home took away the W's reasons they wanted to use for JW to get custody, that would have really pissed them off.... The Ws may have decided there was only one way to do it now and put their plan in motion...

I still think they waited for HR to give birth, if because they had some "heart" to not kill the kids, or if because they still thought there was a chance the baby was JW's, or if they didn't want to get started at one house (presumably CR) only to arrive and realize a labor and delivery had disrupted the plan.

They could have taken Hannah to court for custody. They had they money for it. They could have provided reason to take the baby. I am not bashing on Hannah just don’t see choosing killing 8 over going before a judge for custody.

It's possible, but CR1's time of death was very different we now know, than in the prelim autopsies. We don't know really when KR died. We have been told he was shot once, in the right eye, so they had to get up close, and personal, in that camper.

His is the only dog that made a fuss, too, that we're aware of, that next day. DS said he knew he was home, because the padlock was unlocked. Most all articles, later stated, that there were no signs of forced entry too. I think that either keys were lifted and made, or most of the Rs all came and went, like many families, who live close to one another, and they just didn't lock their doors. But it would be nigh on impossible to get inside there without that dog hearing a lock being picked or someone messing with a door.

KR may have woke up, as they entered, or they just hollered at him and said come on in, but being held at gunpoint once they got in, would stop him from going anywhere, especially since there was nowhere he could go.

KR shot one time in right eye.
Pike County massacre: Rhoden family members shot in head at point-blank range, report shows

As for the necklace, my apologies, I let my thoughts run out onto my keyboard. Strictly internet rumor.

Speaking of DS... he was supposed to stay at KR's that night but cancelled due to staying at his new girlfriend's house (?) If KR heard anyone approaching his trailer or messing with the lock, he might have thought it was DS after all. Might have thought something went wrong with girlfriend. KR might have actually gotten up out of bed to open the door for DS and was pushed back into his trailer by the W's. Brownie would probably go on attack (?) but, the W's, having a mother who raised pigs.... I've kind of wondered if the W's didn't have a low shock prod stick with them for any dog trouble. Brownie was outside the next day when DS finally did arrive.
I know FW raised prize pigs but they don't know they're prize pigs and most likely act like all pigs, who sometimes need a little prodding. Pigs are intelligent enough to be stubborn at times and can even be dangerous when their tempers are up.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you. Additionally, these are what my Grandpa would call hill folk, he lived outside of Parkersburg, WV which is across the Ohio river from Southern Ohio in the deep countryside. In addition to a particular dialect, there is a form of “folk talk” unique to the area. When I read “ if they can take it, well we can too” I read it to mean if the killers can take the guilt/nightmares they are bound to have, then the family can be just as tough and bear the nightmare of their pain. I ran it by my DIL who hails from the Appalachia area and she agrees. IMHO
I agree. My family is all from Appalachia. Although I was not born in the region, I was raised with the roots. And that’s how I was raised in life , with that mindset in general.

A lot of criminals have been caught due to purchases from WalMart and other big box stores. I'm thinking of David Eisenhauer and Natalie Keepers, who were caught purchasing shovels, clorox wipes, etc. at a Walmart around the time they murdered Nicole Lovell. Eisenhauer is another example of a narcissistic killer who thought he had developed a fool-proof murder scheme, only to find LE could track his purchases, cell phone calls and texts, even GPS of his location.
Like the Wagners, many of these killers have a pathological level of narcissism that makes them believe they're smarter and better than their victims and LE.
Theresa Sievers killers, too.

The chief perp drove a rental car from Missouri to Florida, didn't bring his phone, bought some supplies like wet wipes the day before the murder, paid cash, and yet they were caught clearly on video because it was a Walmart, proving they were in Florida after denying it.

The big mistake was using a gps. He deleted the trip files, but police were able to recover them.

Last edited:
Yes! And AW emailed CG requesting the article be changed and corrected to reflect that JW had gotten S the week prior on 4/15. That has always stuck out to me.

Which now, due to his insistence it be corrected, comes back to bite his butt in another way, imo. I was wondering how he could be at DR's at 10:30 and still be able to prepare for the family's evening activities. Seemed like he was cutting it kind of close but now, if we take his word for it, he had plenty of time to get ready, run things through verbally one more time with the other W's, and all psyched up without having to drive back and forth and drop off S at Gramma's, too. Thanks, Jake!

Last edited:
They could have taken Hannah to court for custody. They had they money for it. They could have provided reason to take the baby. I am not bashing on Hannah just don’t see choosing killing 8 over going before a judge for custody.
Controlling, manipulative murderers don’t frequent the court system to do things the right way. That’s unfortunate. AW & BW’s criminal record reflects what they’ve used the court system for. It’s not been anything legal.

As far as taking custody from Hanna, they had no grounds to stand on. HannA was a good mother who loved and adored her daughter. She had suitable housing and also had a family standing behind her 100%. The W’s didn’t stand a chance when it came to trying to steal S from Hanna LEGALLY. Instead they murdered her and her family to get what they wanted.

Controlling, manipulative murderers don’t frequent the court system to do things the right way. That’s unfortunate. AW & BW’s criminal record reflects what they’ve used the court system for. It’s not been anything legal.

As far as taking custody from Hanna, they had no grounds to stand on. HannA was a good mother who loved and adored her daughter. She had suitable housing and also had a family standing behind her 100%. The W’s didn’t stand a chance when it came to trying to steal S from Hanna LEGALLY. Instead they murdered her and her family to get what they wanted.
Are you from the area? Do you really know the area? Do you know the other reasons these murders could have happened? I am sure Hannah loved her babies and her family did too, but Chris may have been in with some very bad people.

Are you from the area? Do you really know the area? Do you know the other reasons these murders could have happened? I am sure Hannah loved her babies and her family did too, but Chris may have been in with some very bad people.
I'm not sure I understand. Are you suggesting the Wagner's aren't the killers? The police have got it wrong, etc?

I've been thinking back on the timeline of events. I've always thought the purchase of DR's new home somehow triggered the events a month later. If HR moving into that home took away the W's reasons they wanted to use for JW to get custody, that would have really pissed them off.... The Ws may have decided there was only one way to do it now and put their plan in motion...

You know though, I do think they were waiting for K to be born, but, I wonder... they started planning this prior to the move. Actually, DR and two of her kids moving, may have made it easier on the Ws. Weren't they all living together in the one trailer, along with FR, and HHG, prior to DR's move?

Are you from the area? Are you kin to the Wagners? Do you believe LE has framed them, has lied about the evidence, has made up the forged documents? Do you believe them innocent?

I'm not sure I understand. Are you suggesting the Wagner's aren't the killers? The police have got it wrong, etc?
No just saying just because they were arrested doesn’t mean they are guilty. They could very well be but I need more evidence than just the indictment because investigators don’t always get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong