Two Women
(Ages 20 to 40)

Historically:
Cause of Death :: Gun-Shot Wound
Manner of Death :: Homicide

Philadelphia is in South-Eastern, PA
Day One

1)) CBS TV-3:
4 People Found Shot, Killed Execution-Style In West Philadelphia Basement, Police Say

2)) Google Supplements & Updates:
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=RgzzW9wQgfzmApr9jIAC&q=4+people+found+shot+dead+in+home’s+basement:+police&btnK=Google+Search&oq=4+people+found+shot+dead+in+home’s+basement:+police&gs_l=psy-ab.3...4538.4538..8202...0.0..0.112.112.0j1......0....1j2..gws-wiz.....0.XsKmsD8_FQA

A)) Future Arrest Information May Appear at:
Philadelphia Municipal Court Docket
Municipal Court Docket Sheet

[Message 6079
Thread 400331]

Last edited:
Rbbm. Absolutely chilling.
Philadelphia quadruple killing: Police find four people shot dead execution-style in basement
"The four victims were found shot execution style in the basement of a home located in the 5100 block of Malcolm Street in Philadelphia, KYW-TV reported. Each victim had one gunshot wound to the head.

The two men and two women were pronounced dead at the scene. The two men, believed to be cousins, were living in the home as it was being renovated, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross told reporters on Monday.

The victims, who ranged in age from 20 to about 40, were not yet identified, according to WCAU. Ross said that preliminary information indicated that the victims had been “led down to the basement” and then shot in the head."

Philadelphia police say two men and two women were found in the basement of the home on the 5100 block of Malcolm Street with one gunshot wound each to the head.

The ages of the victims range from 20s to 40. Ross said the two male victims appear to be related.

A neighbor heard three or four bangs around 10 p.m. on Sunday, but because the home is under renovation, neighbors who heard the sound thought nothing of it. It’s now likely those bangs were gunfire.

No arrests have yet been made and no weapon has been recovered.

4 People Found Shot, Killed Execution-Style In Southwest Philadelphia Basement, Police Say

Several of the victims were in their "sleepwear," no sign of forced entry: 4 Shot Execution-Style After Being Led Into Philly Basement

The victims were reported as being cousins, that were raised together.

There three row houses together. The one on the right (facing the street) is boarded up. There are vacant lots on either side of those houses, and vacant lots across the street. If you are familiar with the area, it is off the corner of Baltimore and 51st Street.

The sleepwear might not be too much of a clue. In Phila, it is not uncommon for people to change into that as soon as they come home, especially in colder weather. "Sleepwear" is generally warmer flannel.

I don't live in that neighborhood, but I live in a house that is identical in style, size and construction (and probably age) to the one where the murders occurred. So are the other houses in my block

In the summer of 2007, a young man committed suicide,with a gun, in the basement of the house two doors down, 50-60 feet away; the house between us was vacant. I was downstairs, on the computer, right where I am now. At the time, my window, about 5-6 feet away was open. The fan might have been on, but there was not a lot of noise. I didn't hear the shot.

I just wanted to post this to give everyone an idea of how much buffering these types of buildings provide.

Last edited:
Crime scene investigators returned to Malcolm Street Tuesday morning in Southwest Philadelphia where a gruesome discovery was made a day earlier.
Four people were found executed inside of a home. Two men and two women were each shot once in the head. Police confirm the two male victims were cousins.
Investigators were seen bringing evidence bags out of the house and fingerprinting the front door.

Cousins, 2 women found executed in SW Philadelphia home

Wow, I was literally a few blocks away from this areas last week, at the Spruce Hill section.

Did they say how long the bodies were there?

Just for some perspective, West Philly has a lot of old, big houses, that were some of the nicest houses at one time. Many people moved out of the areas years ago, and the colleges keep buying up the real estate. There are a lot of students from Penn and Drexel and Phila Pharmacy mixed in with "the hood." The nearby area has improved since I went to school down there. This street is kind of on the fringes of the university area. Sometimes, if you walk a block or 2 in the wrong direction, it is a different world.

When I first read this story, I thought the bodies were found while the renovation was going on. Upon reading up on it, it seems the murders happened relatively close to the time that the bodies were found.

Just for some perspective, West Philly has a lot of old, big houses, that were some of the nicest houses at one time. Many people moved out of the areas years ago, and the colleges keep buying up the real estate. There are a lot of students from Penn and Drexel and Phila Pharmacy mixed in with "the hood." The nearby area has improved since I went to school down there. This street is kind of on the fringes of the university area. Sometimes, if you walk a block or 2 in the wrong direction, it is a different world.

The area is considered on the edge of University City, where those three schools are. It is one of those potentially gentrifying areas.

The house is not particularly large; it is a single family row house. It is about 14' wide, 37'-40' long, and two stories. If the internal set up is like mine, one bath, 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, and dining room; there is possibly a laundry room and a very small back yard (no more than 14' by 15'. The basement might have two rooms, and may or may not be finished.

The Google "Street View" is old; the burn out building have been torn down. The aerial view is more current.

2 sisters among victims in West Philly quadruple homicide

NKMYQAI37FHPNPYE322GPRQBTY.jpg

Courtesy the Hopkins family
"Detectives visited the North Philadelphia rowhouse of Sharon Hopkins last Tuesday to deliver terrible news: Her 20-year-old granddaughter, Tiyaniah Hopkins, had been killed in an execution-style quadruple homicide in West Philadelphia.
A day later, the news got worse. While visiting the morgue, Hopkins learned that Tiyaniah's sister Yaleah Hall, 17, also was among the victims.

Hopkins, 61, said Monday that her granddaughters were an important part of her family's life, and that they all were devastated by the deaths. When detectives explained the purpose of their visit, she recalled, "I just started hollering and hollering, 'No! No!'"

"Hopkins and her husband, James, 69, said one rumored motive is that Taylor or Mattox were targeted over a belief that they had money, or were set up for a robbery. Another is that the unidentified killers had a problem with Taylor or Mattox, but killed everyone at the home to eliminate witnesses.

Davenport said it was possible that the women, who did not live in the house, were killed simply because they were there."

From @ sarahbloomquist (@sarahbloomquist) | Twitter : "Breaking: Source says arrest made in quadruple murder in Southwest Philadelphia from last week. More info expected at afternoon news conference."
- Arrest Made In Execution-Style Killings Of 4 People In Southwest Philadelphia Basement, Sources Say

Arrest Made In Execution-Style Killings Of 4 People In Southwest Philadelphia Basement, Sources Say
"Philadelphia Police are expected to hold a press conference Thursday afternoon to give more information."
"The victims were identified as 17-year-old Yaleah Hall, 20-year-old Tiyaniah Rakele Hopkins, 28-year-old Akeen Mattox, and 31-year-old William Taylor.
Mattox and Taylor were brothers (cousins, I guess it was mentioned somewhere), while Yaleah and Hopkins were sisters."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back