The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She does not have a job does she?

She can get gifted $14,000 a year by several people with no tax liability. So Charles, the Queen and Harry can each give her $14,000.

She does not have access to the Royal funds. That would mean any of us would have to consider our parents’ money in our income tax? I don’t think so.

Harry got his money a long time ago.

She does not have a job does she?

She can get gifted $14,000 a year by several people with no tax liability. So Charles, the Queen and Harry can each give her $14,000.

She does not have access to the Royal funds. That would mean any of us would have to consider our parents’ money in our income tax? I don’t think so.

Harry got his money a long time ago.

Meghan Markle doesn't have a job. She has a spouse. She's not the first foreigner to marry into the Royal family. The royal family has tax people who handle all of that and they're not about to start providing every little detail about the royal family's finances to any government other than their own. They've got the tax filing covered, probably even before Meghan married Prince Harry.
Charles, the Queen, and Prince Harry have gifted her well more than $14,000 in items. She was never rich by Hollywood standards despite being an actress.
Everyone will be fine.

Meghan Markle doesn't have a job. She has a spouse. She's not the first foreigner to marry into the Royal family. The royal family has tax people who handle all of that and they're not about to start providing every little detail about the royal family's finances to any government other than their own. They've got the tax filing covered, probably even before Meghan married Prince Harry.
Charles, the Queen, and Prince Harry have gifted her well more than $14,000 in items. She was never rich by Hollywood standards despite being an actress.
Everyone will be fine.
Even Boris Johnson had to pay up in the end though, before renouncing his citizenship. And he was sure that the US tax laws wouldn't/couldn't affect him. Brit Boris Johnson Renounces America; Why We Should Care

Just wanted to say thanks :oops: for this thread. I enjoy all the facts,info and pictures. I probably wouldn’t even recognize most recent actors, musicians or sports figures by sight and sometimes by name lol but I love me some royals :D

Last edited:
Even Boris Johnson had to pay up in the end though, before renouncing his citizenship. And he was sure that the US tax laws wouldn't/couldn't affect him. Brit Boris Johnson Renounces America; Why We Should Care
I think Boris Johnson's case is different because he blatantly refused to file a U.S. tax return as required. I would hope that Meghan wouldn't do that; it's dishonest and cheating the system.
As I mentioned, there are staff on the Royal payroll who handle finances, taxes, etc. They would be advising Prince Harry and Meghan. It would be a shock if Meghan wasn't sat down by Harry's financial advisors and some lawyers to explain how Royal money works, inheritance, gifts, taxes, etc. before they were married.

View attachment 156358 View attachment 156359 View attachment 156360 View attachment 156361 View attachment 156362

Bump's big night out! Meghan cradles her pregnant belly as she leaves the Royal Variety Performance after meeting Take That and delighting an excited girl, seven, at the star-studded charity event

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry arrive for Royal Variety Performance | Daily Mail Online

Photos from tonight. I don’t know if I like this outfit but I would imagine formal maternity wear is difficult.
I like the black and white pattern (I love contrast on her!), but a halter top in mid-November isn't appealing to me, even if the weather is warm in London now (must be?). But, I'm just not fond of halter tops in general, to be honest.

Do I see a bit of natural curl in her hair, in the front part that is hang loose? Some predicted we would see that as her pregnancy goes along. (Feels silly to look for it, but the loose hair draws the eye to it!)

I do like seeing Harry and Meghan interact with children - they really do have a sense of ease with those interactions.

View attachment 156358 View attachment 156359 View attachment 156360 View attachment 156361 View attachment 156362

Bump's big night out! Meghan cradles her pregnant belly as she leaves the Royal Variety Performance after meeting Take That and delighting an excited girl, seven, at the star-studded charity event

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry arrive for Royal Variety Performance | Daily Mail Online

Photos from tonight. I don’t know if I like this outfit but I would imagine formal maternity wear is difficult.

TY for posting these pics, Greg!

I think Meghan looks very glamorous. I love the outfit.

Meghan and Harry are both positively beaming with love and joy. I'm happy for them.

I think Boris Johnson's case is different because he blatantly refused to file a U.S. tax return as required. I would hope that Meghan wouldn't do that; it's dishonest and cheating the system.
As I mentioned, there are staff on the Royal payroll who handle finances, taxes, etc. They would be advising Prince Harry and Meghan. It would be a shock if Meghan wasn't sat down by Harry's financial advisors and some lawyers to explain how Royal money works, inheritance, gifts, taxes, etc. before they were married.

Agreed. And there have been so many high-profile divorces in the royal family you can bet the fortunes are highly secured in impenetrable trusts and other estate planning.

I’m a Meghan fan and I’m very happy for both of them. The thing is, I rarely look at a photo of Kate and wonder “What was she thinking?”, but it happens all the time with Meghan. The Australia/New Zealand tour was hit or miss. Last week it was a dress showing lots of skin at a Nov. 11 event, when the rest of the family was in appropriate coats. This time it’s the skirt dragging on the floor (tripping hazard), the summery top and the sleek hairdo that fell apart by the time they reached the box. I really want Meghan to succeed at finding a becoming and appropriate look in her new position, and I wish she could get her act together. What’s going on? Is her friend making these decisions or is Meghan?

I like the black and white pattern (I love contrast on her!), but a halter top in mid-November isn't appealing to me, even if the weather is warm in London now (must be?). But, I'm just not fond of halter tops in general, to be honest.

Do I see a bit of natural curl in her hair, in the front part that is hang loose? Some predicted we would see that as her pregnancy goes along. (Feels silly to look for it, but the loose hair draws the eye to it!)

I do like seeing Harry and Meghan interact with children - they really do have a sense of ease with those interactions.

I think the Duke and Duchess will make great parents their effortless and natural sense of ease at speaking to children reminds me of how Princess Diana interacted with children.

TY for posting these pics, Greg!

I think Meghan looks very glamorous. I love the outfit.

Meghan and Harry are both positively beaming with love and joy. I'm happy for them.

No problem I am glad members are enjoying this thread. It is lovely to see the Duke and Duchess so happy.

Everyone will be fine.

They can gift her $14,000 each. That is $42,000. And anyone else can gift her as well. Each person can gift her $14,000

I love the picture of Meghan in the black and white dress. Being pregnant she may be hotter then normal so having bare shoulders does not bother her even if England weather is cooler.

With that said, go back in Queen Elizabeth’s rein, and one can see she wore many bare shoulder gowns! She was young and having fun! As the Queen aged she wore different gowns and no longer showed bare shoulders. Meghan is young and her gowns are beautiful and tasteful. She is wearing gowns much like the Queen did but in a different year.

Kate has a different taste in clothes, which IMO although elgant and pretty on Kate, sometimes make Kate appear older then she really is....almost stuffy at times. It is like the fun has been taken out of Kate because of her Royal responsibilities now and in the future.

Meghan is a breath of fresh air. Looking into the future, I bet we see a much different Meghan....maybe even being stuffy!

For now, I enjoy seeing picture of Duchess Meghan and Duchess Katherine. They help sell new styles of clothes and help the industry greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine