Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering A.J. Hadsell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the article Pootie. I really never thought this day would come.

From the article:
"A medical examiner said she died from acute heroin poisoning and listed the manner as 'undetermined.' According to court documents, however, a police officer said the medical examiner believed Hadsell died from 'homicidal violence.'”

Yeah, that had been out there for a while. Without other damning evidence, I would imagine his defense will consist of claiming that she ODed on heroin herself and that he merely concealed the body. Concealing a body isn't that much of a crime in Virginia. In this case it looks like a Class 6 felony(1-5 years imprisonment or no more than 12 months in jail.)

I wonder if this is the angle the prosecutor is going for? They Shared Drugs. Someone Died. Does That Make Them Killers?

Yes, maybe?

But there is a big difference between siblings or school mates or boyfriends/girlfriends, getting high together---and a step father giving his teen daughter heroin to shoot up together. Big Difference. That in itself is criminal behavior.

We don't even now if she was a heroin user. Maybe she was forced to use that night?

Yes, maybe?

But there is a big difference between siblings or school mates or boyfriends/girlfriends, getting high together---and a step father giving his teen daughter heroin to shoot up together. Big Difference. That in itself is criminal behavior.

We don't even now if she was a heroin user. Maybe she was forced to use that night?
Lets not forget the ME declared her death to be via "homicidal violence". This wasn't just about "sharing drugs" and someone dying.

Wes Hadsell killed her, straight up. We've all known it all along.

Lets not forget the ME declared her death to be via "homicidal violence". This wasn't just about "sharing drugs" and someone dying.

Wes Hadsell killed her, straight up. We've all known it all along.

Exactly. He killed her, straight up. Remember his little monologue about their strange 'lunch meeting' at the gas station. I can't remember his exact words, but he said something like ' I watched her depart...'

Exactly. He killed her, straight up. Remember his little monologue about their strange 'lunch meeting' at the gas station. I can't remember his exact words, but he said something like ' I watched her depart...'

Oh, I do remember that statement! I hope the wait for this indictment pays off with a solid conviction and sentence to match. Thankful we've finally reached this point.

#Justice4AJ

Yeah. They didn't talk much, just stared at each other for 45 minutes. Then, she departed his presence. [To paraphrase Blabbermouth Wesley Hadsell's interview on Chelsea Hoffman's podcast.]

Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering his adopted daughter, A.J. Hadsell

[....]

In July, detectives received two letters from a 48-year-old inmate at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail. The inmate, Richard Patterson, said he was housed with Hadsell when the two were inmates at the regional jail and that Hadsell shared details about his daughter’s death, Cpl. David Benjamin said in an affidavit seeking a search warrant.

Patterson has convictions for making false statements and obstruction of justice on his record. He was sentenced last week to 8 years and 4 months in prison in part because he worked with his wife to try and cover up his illegal possession of several firearms. He also tried to get his teenage daughter to commit perjury, federal prosecutors said.

Patterson said he knew Hadsell and A.J. before he was locked up, and that both of them had come over to his Suffolk home in January or February of of 2015, Benjamin said. He claimed to have direct knowledge of A.J.’s death but told police he wanted immunity before he'd share that with them.

Benjamin told a magistrate he pulled regional jail records for Patterson and Hadsell, confirming the two were housed near each other and would’ve been able to communicate.

The search warrant application, which was granted, was for Patterson's laptop. Benjamin wrote that he hoped to determine whether the inmate was telling the truth about claiming to know Hadsell and A.J. before reconnecting in jail. He also said he wanted to look for any evidence Patterson played a role in A.J.’s death.

[....]

Earlier this month, Hadsell was sentenced in federal court to 10 years in prison for illegally possessing ammunition that law enforcement officers found in his motel room as they were investigating A.J.’s death.

In June, a jury in Ohio acquitted Hadsell of charges he abducted and raped his ex-wife there 13 years ago.

Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering his adopted daughter, A.J. Hadsell

Yes, maybe?

Maybe she was forced, maybe they were using together, hopefully the details somehow come out at trial. As for the relationship and age, she was 18 when she died, so I don't think her age will lead to any enhancement in charges or convictions. Which is kind of screwed up when you consider that if she died of alcohol poisoning rather than heroin there would be more charges because she was under 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member