AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada is just like the US where foreigners have to provide passport to enter the country. Visitors are asked questions about the reason for the visit, the duration, how much pocket money they have, proof that accompanying children belong with the parents, and proof of employment. Foreigners with criminal convictions can be refused entry depending on the prison sentence and reason for conviction. Mexico is probably the same, especially with the new border wall and recent caravans from South America.

I highly doubt that Jayme has been taken out of the country.
Yet people boat from the US to Canada with little more then an honor system and a lone phone at a tiny marina to report arrival. Granted the weather can change and cause havoc but it's done all the time during boating season by boat lovers. I wouldn't put it past someone with with nefarious intentions who may be have be willing to chance it and more adept.

I have thought all along that the unsub does not work a typical M-F 9-5 type of job. I doubt he worked on Monday Oct 15, at least not in the morning after his 1AM crime. He is comfortable exerting all this energy, executing his plan, driving, at 1AM. JMO
A contractor, handyman, unemployed person, or retired. And nobody is going to ask me where I was at 1:00am when those people got shot.

That is so creepy that a guy broke into the house and stole Jaime's panties a few weeks earlier. I guess that they have cleared the creep, but how creepy.

The officials have now asked hunters to look for anything suspicious. Maybe it will open up to fresh leads.

Yet people boat from the US to Canada with little more then an honor system and a lone phone at a tiny marina to report arrival. Granted the weather can change and cause havoc but it's done all the time during boating season by boat lovers. I wouldn't put it past someone with with nefarious intentions who may be have be willing to chance it and more adept.

What does a murderer with an abducted teenager do at a tiny marina after illegally entering a foreign country by boat?

I really have trouble with LE being able to come up with any remotely useful profile if they do not know the motive. This crime especially seems like there must be a specific one, to me.

But I know a lot of folks think it is just random.

Anyway...almost every profile I have ever read have been basically the same.

Happening now in S.C. - may or may not be related:
"The York County Sheriff's Office said it was helping serve warrants on suspects wanted out of Wisconsin who barricaded themselves in a mobile home."
York County Sheriff (@YCSO_SC) | Twitter

edit - South Carolina not North C.

Thanks for sharing this... it does show how far wanted people will travel to get out of Dodge. I assume here, the Federal Marshalls had a lead, a name and location to serve a warrant. IMO. The public information representative indicated the warrant involved armed robbery from Wisconsin and Minnesota. He also said it looked like a boyfriend and girlfriend were holed up inside, and did not know their ages.

Last edited:
Nice thought provoking post, I’ve wondered this before as a possible explanation for seemingly disappearing. I also know it was discussed in earlier threads, but I’m not considering by boat or waterway. I’m curious how easy it would be to get into Canada by car, train or bus? I know border crossings are harder but do they stop everyone and every car? I’ve been out of the country but never by driving into Canada nor Mexico.
I do feel a flight would be almost impossible, at least the TSA screening at the airports I’ve been too! Can’t imagine being able to fake documents well enough for that.
Kids under 18 do not require picture ID when flying. When my kids were under 18 and flew with us the gate agent and the TSA agent just called them by their name to get some type of response. If nothing seems odd the child goes right through. Being that airports are so busy these days , I wonder how closely employees follow Amber Alerts ? Is every gate agent and TSA agent alerted?

The 10th paragraph down - led me to believe they weren’t looking at those vechiles right now.

Investigators regroup to review leads in Jayme Closs mystery

Thanks! I see what you mean. It sounds like they are unsure about the identification of one of the vehicles being a Challenger. It's also possible that the owner of the Challenger has been identified and ruled out.

"Investigators said early in the case that they were looking for a 2008-2014 red or orange Dodge Challenger and a black SUV that were picked up on cameras in the area.

Fitzgerald said authorities are "not concentrating on Challenger tips now." They're still taking those tips and haven't given up on the Challenger, he said, but he added that there are "some discrepancies" that need to be checked out.

A video team, working for the FBI in Milwaukee, is assembling images of vehicles that were traveling along Hwy. 8 from Barron to Turtle Lake the morning of the homicides to see if it can help."

Investigators regroup to review leads in Jayme Closs mystery

What does a murderer with an abducted teenager do at a tiny marina after illegally entering a foreign country by boat?
I was responding to your original post concerning how difficult it is to for foreigners to enter Canada.

Kids under 18 do not require picture ID when flying. When my kids were under 18 and flew with us the gate agent and the TSA agent just called them by their name to get some type of response. If nothing seems odd the child goes right through. Being that airports are so busy these days , I wonder how closely employees follow Amber Alerts ? Is every gate agent and TSA agent alerted?

That might work for leaving the country or traveling without crossing a border. When entering another country, children either have to be included on a parent's passport or have their own passport. Without a passport and proof that the child is supposed to be with the adult, entry into all countries, including the US, is barred.

As I start preparing our Thanksgiving feast for all of our large loving family and dear friends all I can think about is both Hania and Jayme should be home for Thanksgiving with those who loves them and misses them terribly.

I pray wherever they are they know they are so very loved and missed by so many.

If by some miracle Jayme is out there alive somewhere I cant begin to even imagine the pain she is feeling knowing the two most important people she loves more than anyone in the world has been brutally taken from her. If alive she has to feel totally alone now.

May God be with them both.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members