Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was CW right handed? IIRC the major marks on SW's neck were on her right side, which could indicate that he came at her from the back. IE strongest hand on the right. (don't know if he was a righty or not, though)

Oh - interesting sleuth work! I bet we can find out in the videos. There is one where Shanann is baking with her two little girls at the counter with her. I think maybe Bella sneezed or something but Chris' hand went to her several times to wipe Bella's nose. That might tell us which hand he favored.

Please, where is this coming from “before they finalized their divorce”.

Did I miss something this big that the divorce was ready to be finalized? All I remember reading is that Chris was wanting to separate and wanted a divorce. No steps mentioned that a divorce was at the end stage.

When SW was in NC with her family, CW told his girlfriend NK that they had finalized their divorce. He was lying of course.

In general or after they have committed murder and everyone knows what kind of person they are?

At the time, they were talking about OJ Simpson in that slow speed chase where he was threatening to take his life. A psychologist described him as narcissistic that that those kind of people almost never commit suicide because they just think they are too important.

I am looking forward to the Interrogation tapes.:):)
Watching CW's 'Methods of Deception', throughout, knowing what we know now would be astonishing to see.
CW's desire for a fresh start, as stated throughout, caused these crimes.
Watching CW change paths, as the Interrogation continued, as more evidence is produced, will be terrific to watch.
Seeing his EVIL mind work, as he is questioned continually will be studied.:eek:
The end will be great, when he caves in, to chat to his Dad, and THEN he'll tell the truth.
I feel the chat with his Dad, invented another scenario, that has ALSO been proven to be a LIE.
As the DA stated, CW will never be truthful.
These Interrogation tapes, along with Media photos, PLUS CW's mother's (and father alongside) media interviews, will be studied.
Perhaps, a great deal will be analyzed, and we will have the makings and life of another 'family annihilator', added to the records.
Because CW's image and ego seem so important to him, I hope in prison, he is treated as being insignificant, just a useless evil annihilator locked up forever.
MOO.

Do you think there is a chance we will get to see all the evidence they collected?

It

Sounds like her skin was sloughed off at the crime scene and packaged as evidence. They would want to do it before her body was moved. Imo

When I was 16 years old, I clicked on a website (animal welfare) since that was very important to me. When I scrolled down a video just started to play. You could see a man skinning a racoon dog alive. As soon as I noticed, what was going on, I closed the website and never visited it again. It's been 14 years now and the picture of this scene still haunts me. Now I reached (even if I never saw it - I don't think I could bear this anyway) the same level, just by reading, what happend to their ("dead") bodies... It makes me sick, I need a break.

There will never be justice served for them... no punishment could "adjust" this crime. If Satan really exists - Chris Watts is worse than him.

According to some psychologists, it seems that narcissists almost never kill themselves.
Hmm. According to the book on NPD that I read in my graduate program: "With regard to NPD, there is clinical agreement that narcissistic patients are prone to suicidal behavior. C. J. Perry (1990) noted that “the extreme vulnerability to loss of self-esteem coupled with dysphoria in response to failure, criticism and humiliation should put these individuals at high risk for suicide attempts.”

Citation: Ronningstam, E. (2005). Identifying and Understanding the Narcissistic Personality. New York: Oxford University Press.

In fact the chapter I pulled that quote from is entitled "My Way or No Way! Narcissism and Suicide" and the enhanced risk factors (loss of control, reputation, status) sound like Chris Watts' situation to a tea, IMHO.

This happened in my neighborhood a few years back. A man from a very prominent family was finally caught as a serial rapist of those he "thought he could get away with it": underage girls experiencing homelessness and addiction. He died by suicide right before his trial. William Costello, accused serial rapist, ends his trial by killing himself

Then while I was looking for an article about that incident, having forgotten the guy's name, I can across another one quite similar.
Accused Serial Rapist Commits Suicide In Jail

So in summation, I do personally believe that CW is a high suicide risk. IMO

bbm
That's just what I saw in my mind, too -- his pinning her down, her arms under the bedclothes and his knees on top. And he had the strength of determination and adrenaline to help. He was ready for the battle -- she was not. She quickly became helpless and was lost.

He has not yet had to face the fear that Shanann did that night.

Not yet.
This is so terrifying. To be utterly and completely helpless as a woman is so, so scary. To know that you are at the hands of your evil husband who is supposed to love you is beyond anything I can even imagine :(

Did anyone else hear a man's moaning during the reading of the Watt's statement? I couldn't work out if it was coming from Mr Watts or CW or someone off camera.
I heard it, too! I assumed it was Mr. Watts in distress. But I've also been around elderly folk who make similar sounds for no particular reason, and I've no idea why.

Was CW right handed? IIRC the major marks on SW's neck were on her right side, which could indicate that he came at her from the back. IE strongest hand on the right. (don't know if he was a righty or not, though)

I wonder if it was one-handed? I just can't imagine his being able to strangle her with one hand and she isn't fighting back whatsoever.

When I was 16 years old, I clicked on a website (animal welfare) since that was very important to me. When I scrolled down a video just started to play. You could see a man skinning a racoon dog alive. As soon as I noticed, what was going on, I closed the website and never visited it again. It's been 14 years now and the picture of this scene still haunts me. Now I reached (even if I never saw it - I don't think I could bear this anyway) the same level, just by reading, what happend to their ("dead") bodies... It makes me sick, I need a break.

There will never be justice served for them... no punishment could "adjust" this crime. If Satan really exists - Chris Watts is worse than him.
Both of those things are very traumatic, I'm so sorry. Our society is so violent that sometimes we feel like we're overreacting to graphic violence, but we aren't. Please reach out to someone you trust if you're feeling really triggered, and please know that your reactions are absolutely those of an empathetic, compassionate human.

One of my college roommate's frat-boy friends changed my screensaver on my laptop to pictures from Nicole Brown Simpson's autopsy and crime scene while I was out, "as a joke," and I'll never forget the feeling of horror as I registered what I was looking at. So I can really relate your feelings, and assure you that you're not alone.

When SW was in NC with her family, CW told his girlfriend NK that they had finalized their divorce. He was lying of course.
This makes sense. My abuser dragged out our divorce for a whole year from when I filed to when it was finalized (I've been told by lawyers that average in Colorado is 3-4 months) during which time I met my current partner. When the damn thing was finally final, my partner bought me a necklace to celebrate. CW taking NK out to a fancy dinner to celebrate the divorce allegedly being final might have been a ploy by him to convince her--with only him knowing his family would be "gone" the next day and assuming NK would then never be the wiser.

God I hate him.

I have to agree.

Given what happened I can only infer that CW is dumb, and probably would make the protagonists of dumb and dumber look like professors of logic and sciences. But it does look like he was somewhat aware of how things would go down or just "lucked out".

I am sure Shannan would have checked on the kids first thing after reaching home, and if she did find them murdered she would have fought pretty badly.

Also lupus + other health issues + pregnancy + late night flight after a conference will make anyone completly tired. I had chronic fatigue and used to travel for work, the sleep I used to get after getting home was a deep sleep from which no one can wake me up if they tried. I am a 6'3 250lb guy. If my 140 lb partner strangled me at that time, she would have succeeded without any resistance from my side.

I would like to believe that Shannan went without even realizing. One can only hope.

Of course all this is : MOO

Welcome fdtlaks.:):):)
I agree, when you're very tired, and ill, after getting to bed, you fall into a deep sleep.
Perhaps being attacked, at that stage, is similar to a dream you're experiencing, trying to get back to sleep.
You have flaked out, your arms are floppy and you are exhausted.
If blankets are around your arms, it would be difficult to fight, if a large body is heavy on your back.
MOO.

Community mourns victims of Watts killing: 'It's sad for Frederick, it's sad for Colorado'

"John Murray said he met Christopher on the day he killed his family — he walked by his house, likely to go to a mailbox, and made friendly conversation."
-------------
"Lou Richmond lives in downtown Frederick, and mention of the the Watts killings makes him visibly upset. Richmond said he has eight children, 15 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.

He couldn't fathom how someone would do that to his children — "I feel for the family," he said."

find out in the videos. There is one where Shanann is baking with her two little girls at the counter with her. I think maybe Bella sneezed or something but Chris' hand went to her several times to wipe Bella's nose. That might tell us which hand he favored

On the videos I found, it actually looks like he favors his left hand. When he went to Shanann holding the pregnancy test wand, he reached out for it with his left hand. And he wipes Bella's nose with his left. But he held the spoon in the bowl with his right. Of course, some people are ambidextrous.

The only person who can tell us what went on in the Watts home from Sunday afternoon (after the party) until 5:30am Monday is Chris Watts. I don’t believe he will ever tell anybody specifically what happened, hour by hour, and especiallyly what happened after Shanann walked theough the door.

So unless LE releases more info/evidence, or one of their friends or family, co-workers, or Nichol Kessinger shares more ...

I agree that Chris is the only one who knows what happened between Sunday and Monday, however, I think he's lied so much that even he himself does not know the real truth anymore. Because of that, even if he does speak nobody will learn the truth, nor will he be ever completely believed.

Last edited:
From what I gather and envisage, CW parked his truck outside the garage and walked the bodies through the house, into the garage, and then out the garage door to the truck .... all filmed by the across-the-street neighbor's security camera?

many folks have talked about it was cross the street, but I thought it was next door? Did they had just changed it a week before. And I always wondered why they changed it.

I still can't believe that disgusting coward didn't look up at all during sentencing. What a weak, pathetic, sorry excuse for a human being. He should've been required to look in their eyes while they were giving their victim impact statements. UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa