Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an awesome list! I would like to know the exact day/time CW called the school to "un-enroll" the girls and called a realtor about selling the house. (Did he make these calls Monday morning before NUA showed up at the house around noon?)
I'll add it to the list. :)

I ran across this:

"They said that even the morning after he killed his family, he made several phone calls. One of them was Watts chillingly telling their school that the girls were being unenrolled. He contacted a realtor to discuss selling of his house and he texted his girlfriend about their future."
Prosecution Describes in Chilling Detail How Chris Watts ‘Coldly,’ Brutally Murdered His Whole Family

Last edited:
I am interested in knowing if SW mentioned to anyone (family/friends) that a separation or divorce was being discussed? (I know the self-help and relationship materials were discussed as being discovered, but did she actually say anything to anyone)? Did NUA know what SW meant when she indicated she would need her friendship more than ever?

@Bluebythec Sorry I am struggling with multiqoute but thanks for your reply clearing up the misunderstanding. :)

Great minds think alike? I have been compiling questions while reading today. Here is what I have so far.
  1. What did the dogs alert on?
MOO

[Respectfully snipped by me]

Great questions and thank you for compiling them!

We all heard a dog barking while at least one of the infamous 'porch' interviews took place, but IIRC there was no mention of the reactions of any cadaver dogs during DA Rourke's statement at the sentencing or afterwards.

Daschund's in my experience have voices that belie their physical stature. They are NOISY.

Was it ever confirmed that the barking we all heard was a LE dog and not Dieter?

I am interested in knowing if SW mentioned to anyone (family/friends) that a separation or divorce was being discussed? (I know the self-help and relationship materials were discussed as being discovered, but did she actually say anything to anyone)? Did NUA know what SW meant when she indicated she would need her friendship more than ever?
I feel like she did know. They seemed very close and talked everyday.

And Nicole had reason to be suspicious right away. To get police involved instantly and - we know now - to try and get CW talking to reporters. She was so smart and on top of everything. Thank goodness for Nicole.

Moo

Very early on a hairstylist that worked with SW's mother said she knew while SW was visiting NC that there was talk of separation.
ETA her name was Danell Search.

Well doggone it, I bet @Inthedetails a cup of coffee that it was working just fine. Will pay up tomorrow and delete this question from the list.

Didn't TB claim on AB that he was interviewed by LE and they collected evidence? If so, TB's account sounds bogus. I'll remove it from the list.

Thanks for responding. :)
MOO

Well TB could be telling the truth about telling LE. But if that’s the case, all LE has is evidence that someone claimed to have had an affair w CW, not that there actually -was- an affair. Unless he had a blue dress with a white stain somewhere or CW confirmed it, it’s just blather.....

Thanks for compiling the list!

Great minds think alike? I have been compiling questions while reading today. Here is what I have so far. (I didn't include posters names in case that is considered personalizing.)
  1. What was the significance of the non-porous bag and the footprint?
  2. What was CW doing on the Saturday night before the murders? Did he use a babysitter?
  3. Was the garage keypad really broken or inoperable? Out of batteries?
  4. What did CW do with Shanann's engagement and wedding rings?
  5. What did the dogs alert on?
  6. Will they ever release the police interview with Chris?
  7. Did Chris Watts know the neighbors had cameras?
  8. What is the history about that doll photo on her FB?
  9. Was NK the only AP or was there evidence he was out trolling for women (or men) on websites?
  10. Was the alleged male AP "TB" for real or was he just inserting himself into the investigation?
  11. NK "deleted" texts & FB posts before contacting LE. Do we know if LE recovered them?
  12. How did Shanann's phone get in the sofa?
  13. What was the content of the texts CW sent in the days leading up to the murders? Will they be made public?
  14. Bella was received at autopsy wrapped in a bedsheet "from retrieval process." Was this one of their bed sheets and was she was found with it?
MOO
Great list, PommyMommy!

I remember Tricia interviewed Juan Martinez (Jodi Arias' prosecutor) about 2.5 years ago. One of my questions was answered by him!

I want to know Shanann, if in fact, requested to talk to the girls on Sunday night and if CW denied it.

Last edited:
Very early on a hairstylist that worked with SW's mother said she knew while SW was visiting NC that there was talk of separation.

I remember this as well. I got the impression that Shan'ann had confided in her parents and possibly some of her NC friends. It's possible that since she was away in NC most of the summer, she just hadn't had a chance to sit down and talk about it with her CO friends. And we know now she was hoping to save her marriage, not that CW cared.

Well doggone it, I bet @Inthedetails a cup of coffee that it was working just fine. Will pay up tomorrow and delete this question from the list.

Didn't TB claim on AB that he was interviewed by LE and they collected evidence? If so, TB's account sounds bogus. I'll remove it from the list.

Thanks for responding. :)
MOO
I thought he said no other affairs were relevant to the timeline of the case, (I’m paraphrasing) but he didn’t actually say whether they were true or not.

Last edited:
I thought we had a time but I'm not finding it, so I'll add it to the list.

I ran across this:

"They said that even the morning after he killed his family, he made several phone calls. One of them was Watts chillingly telling their school that the girls were being unenrolled. He contacted a realtor to discuss selling of his house and he texted his girlfriend about their future."
Prosecution Describes in Chilling Detail How Chris Watts ‘Coldly,’ Brutally Murdered His Whole Family
Wow, he did say "morning." Good catch! CW really was setting the stage immediately so that others wouldn't start looking for them. NUA was at the house around noon. Once again, she is just amazing for getting there so fast. It is just so chilling to have confirmed that he went to work, disposed of them, chatted normal with colleagues, texted his girlfriend, and was making phone calls, setting the stage to explain his gone family and getting his new life set up, all moving forward with his plan. So many weeks of speculation and it was all so simple and evil.

@Bluebythec Sorry I am struggling with multiqoute but thanks for your reply clearing up the misunderstanding. :)

[Respectfully snipped by me]

Great questions and thank you for compiling them!

We all heard a dog barking while at least one of the infamous 'porch' interviews took place, but IIRC there was no mention of the reactions of any cadaver dogs during DA Rourke's statement at the sentencing or afterwards.

Daschund's in my experience have voices that belie their physical stature. They are NOISY.

Was it ever confirmed that the barking we all heard was a LE dog and not Dieter?
It was dogs (plural) who were making that racket. I know that small dogs can bark loudly but it does not have the same tenor quality that hounds or big dogs have.

Other question - when did CW find out about baby Nico's gender and what was his reaction that the DA alluded to?

At the press conference following the sentencing hearing, a reporter asked Rourke if he thought the pregnancy had contributed to CW's actions. Rourke said he couldn't see how it didn't. That they knew that SW was very excited about Nico and the upcoming birth. "And that the reaction of the defendant when he found out was something less than what you would expect a normal and reasonable father to display when he found out that he was about to have a son."

The DA looked and sounded like he was referring to something specific. Is this coming from texts they read between SW and CW? Something SW told family or friends?

ETA her name was Danell Search.

I remember that and almost immediately Frankie Jr posted something saying that people shouldn’t believe anything not coming from the family & that people were looking for their 15 mins. I assumed he was referring to her so I ignored it but who knows..?

SW posted a video that
Other question - when did CW find out about baby Nico's gender and what was his reaction that the DA alluded to?

At the press conference following the sentencing hearing, a reporter asked Rourke if he thought the pregnancy had contributed to CW's actions. Rourke said he couldn't see how it didn't. That they knew that SW was very excited about Nico and the upcoming birth. "And that the reaction of the defendant when he found out was something less than what you would expect a normal and reasonable father to display when he found out that he was about to have a son."

The DA looked and sounded like he was referring to something specific. Is this coming from texts they read between SW and CW? Something SW told family or friends?
SW posted a video that showed CW coming in to the living room, where she is wearing a t- shirt that says OOPS we did it again! Then she shows him a positive pregnancy test. He tries to smile, sort of puffs out his cheeks and exhales and says
"Well if you want it, it will happen". But his affect is very flat. Not what you would expect from someone being told their wife is pregnant.

I remember that and almost immediately Frankie Jr posted something saying that people shouldn’t believe anything not coming from the family & that people were looking for their 15 mins. I assumed he was referring to her so I ignored it but who knows..?

I remember this as well (the interview with hairdresser & Frankie's social media post). What I don't remember is this being addressed specifically by the DA or the Rzucek family? I certainly could be wrong (and wouldn't be surprised- my brain is mush after yesterday). :(

I am just curious after remembering CW told NUA they were separating (when she contacted him with concern about SW and the girls), and her response that she didn't know anything about it, and it wasn't her business or concern at the moment. She specifically addressed this in her television interview, and seemed to think it was odd information. Did he expect that everyone should already know they were discussing separation/divorce, since he told his parents (per their joint interview)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong