NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

If it wasn’t a hit, I was thinking murder-suicide, but with the mother as the protagonist. Maybe she and Paul were having an affair. She set fire to Paul’s house, went home and shot her husband, then set fire to the house with her and the kids inside. I have to stress I think this is very unlikely though... nearly all violence on women is perpetrated by men. But it’s interesting that the police said there was no danger to the public, so they have an idea of who did this. I don’t think they would say that if it was a hit. But I believe it was Paul, the brother, who did this. Maybe Keith tried to set fire to Paul’s house, and Paul took revenge.

I live in the town next door and drove by the scene on my way home from work yesterday as it’s my normal route. Heartbreaking and disheartening is not strong enough. I have never seen so many emergency vehicles and news vehicles so close to home.

Someone mentioned how could such an affluent area not have fire hydrants. The area is an affluent community with a lot of farm land for livestock, orchards and also a lot of golf courses.

I initially thought murder-suicide but I am leaning more toward Paul being the suspect here. Might have set fire to his own home (note comment about “must be a gas leak”, how can someone be so sure right away?) it seems that maybe Keith was more affluent, well educated and the head honcho here. Paul seems to be out of the spotlight a bit (no social media?).

Truthfully I don’t even want to speculate anymore. I want answers. It is a horrible horrible crime at a bad time of the year for such horrid news. My heart broke on my way into work driving past that mansion of broken dreams :(

I live in the town next door and drove by the scene on my way home from work yesterday as it’s my normal route. Heartbreaking and disheartening is not strong enough. I have never seen so many emergency vehicles and news vehicles so close to home.

Someone mentioned how could such an affluent area not have fire hydrants. The area is an affluent community with a lot of farm land for livestock, orchards and also a lot of golf courses.

I initially thought murder-suicide but I am leaning more toward Paul being the suspect here. Might have set fire to his own home (note comment about “must be a gas leak”, how can someone be so sure right away?) it seems that maybe Keith was more affluent, well educated and the head honcho here. Paul seems to be out of the spotlight a bit (no social media?).

Truthfully I don’t even want to speculate anymore. I want answers. It is a horrible horrible crime at a bad time of the year for such horrid news. My heart broke on my way into work driving past that mansion of broken dreams :(
Thanks for the info on hydrants. Makes sense.

And gas leak? Nope. I covered a trailer fire for work last month and asked about cause (someone thought it had blown up). Was told very clearly that if it had been a gas leak there would have been debris all over the yard/area. The only gas that “leaked” was out of the cans found at the scene.

I live in the area and I am deeply sadden by this. Why the children had to killed is beyond me.
I have my own theory, but I will wait to hear it from the LE.

Edit: someone asked about no fire hydrants......well water is used.

IMO, this crime will be rooted in greed and envy.
IMO, the murderer killed wife and children as they would have been the legatees to the estate had they survived KC. Next to spouse and children, closest next of kin are siblings...JMO.

I agree @Gnatcatcher and @GordianKnot and I'd add a few more words:

"That makes perfect sense for someone who has evil thoughts."

To massacre an entire family is so evil.

I cannot imagine a human being even capable of thinking to do this heinous act. This goes against our natural human instincts.

Last edited:
I agree @Gnatcatcher and @GordianKnot and I'd add a few more words:

"That makes perfect sense for someone who has evil thoughts."

To massacre an entire family is so evil.

I cannot imagine a human being even capable of thinking to do this heinous act. This goes against our natural human instincts.
And to be so stupid as to think he wouldn’t be caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back