GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

I’d be shocked if there was no usable video. There are so many businesses on Manchester. It just seems unlikely that they have nothing. Maybe they are not sure what they are looking for?

Many members of my family live very close by and it’s notable that while this location is very busy and full of strip malls and businesses, it is less than 10 minutes from some of the most expensive neighborhoods in suburban St Louis.

Friends and family have had nearby daycare on lockdown. They are very freaked out.

I’m going to be there this weekend. I’ll be interested to get more of the local thoughts.

Jmo.

Yes, it's a very nice area, also very densely populated - a large suburb with many nice neighborhoods. Everyone in the area must be freaking out. I hope the police can develop a composite sketch for the public. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving out there in spite of it. I used to live there as a kid in the 60's, when it was still somewhat rural, but Woodsmill Rd & Hwy 141 has always been a busy intersection. Hopefully someone saw something or a camera captured him.

Yes, it's a very nice area, also very densely populated - a large suburb with many nice neighborhoods. Everyone in the area must be freaking out. I hope the police can develop a composite sketch for the public. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving out there in spite of it. I used to live there as a kid in the 60's, when it was still somewhat rural, but Woodsmill Rd & Hwy 141 has always been a busy intersection. Hopefully someone saw something or a camera captured him.

Yes. I’ve been talking to my family as I’m heading out there shortly. They are both freaked out and absolutely outraged on behalf of these women. Who attacks a bunch of ladies buying and selling rosaries and baptism gifts? It’s truly awful.

I cannot believe this isn't bigger news!! The brazenness of the attacker is insane. It's like he didn't even care if he got caught, which makes me worry there will be another attack if they aren't able to find him soon.

I wonder why he chose a catholic supply store of all places?

I cannot believe this isn't bigger news!! The brazenness of the attacker is insane. It's like he didn't even care if he got caught, which makes me worry there will be another attack if they aren't able to find him soon.

I wonder why he chose a catholic supply store of all places?

Just one guess, maybe it's because there were only women there?

I live about 10-15 minutes from where this took place, and we've all been on edge since this story broke. It's incredibly disturbing. With no video or photo, and most of the suspect's description involving his clothes, it seems like he could easily disappear as soon as he changed clothes. Breathing a little sigh of relief with the latest news that law enforcement has a suspect in custody... now I hope this is the guy.

I think it's interesting that the suspect who they have in custody was located in Antonia/Jefferson County, and Jamie Schmidt (the victim who he shot and killed) lived in House Springs. Those two locations are relatively close to each other, and neither are all that close to Ballwin where this attack occurred. The survivors have said that none of them knew or recognized him, and it doesn't sound like Mrs. Schmidt did either, but I wonder if he was watching her and followed her?

Also interesting that his current employer hadn't heard from him in 12 days. I wonder if he was laying low and hiding while he made plans?

This is sick and horrifying. I pray this guy is the one, and that he faces swift justice for what he's done.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back