GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bbqing stuffies and blankets?

:(
There’d be no reason for it and if he did, there would be evidence left behind.

I think the neighbors would have also noticed.

This guy didn’t bother to even pick up the sheet that he left at the dumpsite.

I don’t think he’d go to bizarre lengths like burning blankets on the grill.

There’d be no reason for it and if he did, there would be evidence left behind.

I think the neighbors would have also noticed.

This guy didn’t bother to even pick up the sheet that he left at the dumpsite.

I don’t think he’d go to bizarre lengths like burning blankets on the grill.
Ya, they definitely would have discovered that. I don't think the girls were dead yet anyway.

I just had the image pop in my head :(

Moo

Maybe this is the answer. On page 124 it states that LE had information CW stopped at 6500 Black Mesa Rd particulary 6507 for several minutes. It is a housing development site with some dumpsters which were emptied on the 16th August and deposited on the top of Eire landfill.
I take it they didn’t feel like they needed to search the landfill?

Page 50 report says CW found the phone:

When Nickole asked where Shanann's phone was, Christopher went to the couch, up stairs, and found it between the cushions. He did not know what the password was to Shanann's phone. Nickole knew it (possible DOB of their unborn son) and turned it on.

Page 1410 says NUA's son Nick was the one who found it:

Once inside they all went upstairs where he (Nick) felt like something “wasn’t right” and began moving the pillows located on the couch at the top of the stairs. It was then he found Shanann’s phone under the pillows. I asked Nick what drove him tothe couch. He said the couch would be the place he would hide something. Nick said he was going to look under the couch, under the beds, and in Bella’s and CeCe’s (Celeste) rooms but the couch was the closest thing to him. I asked Nick to draw the couch and the location of Shanann’s phone in relation the couch. Nick explained what he was drawing as he drew and depicted Shanann’s cell phone near the open end of the couch under a pillow. When asked, Nick said he located the phone under three or four pillows and that is was face up.

Nicole added Shanann’s phone had a clutch on it the prior weekend but that it was no longer on the phone. Nicole described the clutch as being similar to a lanyard and that Shanann put it around her wrist so she wouldn’t drop her phone. It should be noted the clutch (lanyard) was attached to the phone when I recovered it.

Young Nick announced he located Shanann’s phone and Watts put his hand out and said, “Thanks.” Young Nick handed the phone to Officer Coonrod who subsequently handed it to Watts. Officer Coonrod asked Watts if he could access the phone to see if Shanann had texted someone and left. Nick said Watts didn’t know, or pretended not to know Shanann’s password at first but eventually accessed it using numbers corresponding to their unborn child’s projected birth date. Nicole said Cassiesuggested (via phone) using the birthdate. Nicole said that both Cassie and Sandi were on speaker phone at one point while they were going through the house.

[paraphrasing multiple interviews because I have still not finished reading the document dump but I am very sure of the gist ]

Young Nick [Shannan's pal's son] says he found Shannan's phone in between/under several cushions on the sofa/couch. Chris Watts stuck his hand out for the phone and said 'thank you' to Young Nick...the moment passed and then there was the whole 'Chris not knowing the password but one of Shannan's friends did' kerfuffle.

Chris Watts later claimed during questioning by an FBI agent something along the lines of 'the phone was right on top of the cushions', but sadly for Chris, Young Nick gave a different story.

I would love to know the exact moment that LE knew CW was FOS.

Last edited:
After reading most of the discovery, allbeit by skimming, I still think CW being the coward that he is waited till everyone was asleep and A. either killed shanann and then the girls as they all slept. Or B. Killed the girls as they slept and then crept back to the bedroom and killed shanann as she slept. I trully hope that poor shanann didn't spend her last seconds on earth finding out that cw had killed her babies!

Last edited:
I take it they didn’t feel like they needed to search the landfill?
Probably not. As much as you’d like to have the blankets and stuffed animals, you don’t need them.

Not if it means searching a landfill for a needle in a haystack.

There’s better ways to use your resources.

Comments saying he didn't have to force the girls into the tanks, and that he buried Shanann as she would not fit:

SA CODER and I returned to the room with CHRIS a short time later and asked him if he was positive BELLA and CELESTE were inside the tanks. CHRIS said yes. CHRIS said he put the girls into the tanks by the hatch on the top. CHRIS said he had to walk up the stairs and then opened the hatch. I told CHRIS the detectives on scene said they could barely fit their arm through the hatch. I asked CHRIS if it was hard to get the girls in the tanks and he said no. I asked CHRIS if he had to push the girls into the tanks and he said, "Not really." I asked CHRIS if SHANANN was buried because he knew she was too big to fit in the tank and he said yes. I asked CHRIS if it was possible he put the girls in the tanks when they were alive and he said, "No, God no, no, no, no, God, no, God no." CHRIS said there was no chance the girls were alive when they were dropped into the tanks. - Discovery Page 609 (mildly snipped by me)

"SA CODER and I thanked CHRIS for speaking with us and SA CODER asked CHRIS if he was hungry. CHRIS said he felt bad eating our food. SA CODER brought CHRIS two 2 pieces of pizza and a bottle of water. Note: I gave CHR,S an additional two slices of pizza a short time later, which he also consumed." Discovery Page 610

MOO: What a jerk

From the previous (closed) thread.

My opinion. NK is a calculating, money-conscious person anyhow. She probably was in love with CW, but now another side of hers shows.

I still feel that NK somehow suited CW more and that his marriage with SW was going downhill before NK. He was not interested in Thrive or sales. Ironically, the kids were probably the thing keeping this marriage together, so he decided to have one more , at the time, when emotionally, he was on a divergent course from SW.

It is a wrong decision per se, but in this situation, it proved to be deadly.

Look at it from NK's standpoint. She comes across as a money-conscious person. She is more educated than CW. She probably could make more out of CW, professionally, make him take some classes to advance. (In contrast to others, I would guess that CW's academic IQ was high enough, and he was technically bright.)

And he is good-looking, and he makes her happy. And her friends are getting married.

Divorcing a family with two kids and debts is difficult, but divorcing a family with the third one on the way would be financially crippling. And NK wants own kids, meaning, more expenses.

This is what it in essence came up to. The real barrier to CW's happiness - and he was obsessed with NK, as I can see now, like 8 years ago he was obsessed with SW - was pregnant SW. I don't know under what exact circumstances he killed her, but it seems to me that he accumulated hatred to her, and it was enough.

The same question I always ask myself, why kill the kids, I still don't understand, but either it had to do with the fact that NK was not prepared to be a stepmom, or he simply thought that it was easier to explain the disappearance of three people? Or perhaps killing three would have gotten rid of more problems, in his mind?

It is ugly as ugly can be.

Legally, NK is not guilty. Even if the affair was the catalyst, CW was an adult man, and these were his kids, it was his family. It was his decision, and these were his hands on their throats.

However, I think that morally, it is wrong for NK to profit from any book.

(That she is not going to be true is obvious from the article. Everything about that article is untrue).

It was wrong for Amber Frey to benefit, either, but at least Amber Frey was crucial in solving the SP's case. She was the critical witness. Amber taped their conversations. She did everything to help.

Here, we have a person who prolonged the investigation by deleting the messages.

In light of this, is there a law prohibiting the person who advised CW to pawn his "disappeared" wife's ring to profit from a book?

I actually don't think it was wrong for Amber Frey to profit and I kind of enjoyed her book. ;) Amber's experience with that whole mess was quite unusual and very interesting. Her story wasn't so much about Laci's death, but Amber's own peripheral part in the story. In that way, it was autobiographical. And while Amber may have benefited financially, I think she earned it. She, too, was a victim of Scott Peterson and her life was never the same.

NK, on the other hand...She'll do what she wants to do regardless of what anyone thinks. And if she writes a book, or hires someone to write it, there will be those who will want to read it. There always are.

The neighbors were barbecuing around 7pm on that Sunday evening. They saw Watts a couple times as he was cooking something on his grill. They never saw or heard the girls at this time.

Page 1972

There is a report from the neighbors about seeing CW outside grilling around 7pm.

Page 1972 - Bette offered information about a bar-b-que they had around 1900 hours on Sunday evening (08/12/18) and never heard or saw Bella or Celeste during that time. She did see Watts a couple times as he was cooking something on the grill but the girls never appeared when he walked outside.

As far as the pizza, CW ordered pizza on Saturday night for when the baby-sitter was there with the girls so he could go to his non-Rockies game date with the girlfriend. CW ordered it and baby-sitter gave it to the girls and texted SW.

Page 2113:
1634 hours: Watts called a local Papa John's pizza store

1759 hours: Shanann asked McKenna, "Hey love, this is Shanann. How are the girls?" McKenna replied they are doing great, "CeCe ate 3 slices of pizza." shanann thanked McKenna for watching the girls and asked if she needs anything, iust ask.

Noted in the report: ln contrast, Watts never checked in with McKenna to see how the girls were doing, or whether McKenna needed anything.

-
So I think the cold pizza on Sunday was leftovers from the night before. I think he wasn't having it because he's been following a pretty strict eating regimen. He was texting the girlfriend from the birthday party how there wasn't more there that he could eat, just unhealthy things, and he was trying to resist having a funnel cake. So my guess is he came home and cooked something healthy to keep up his fit, lean body.

CW also took a picture of 4 chicken breast on the bbq grill at 6:47 pm. My guess given all the mention of his recent clean eating and meal prep is that he was prepping some protein for the week. The girlfriend was very into fitness too, so maybe he was going to send her a picture of his meal prep? Just a random guess on my part. Right before that he took a picture of the temperature in the fridge so maybe that was for SW?

Page 2117:
1556 hours: Shanann asked if the girls had fun at the party. Watts said they were still there and they were having fun. Shanann replied, "Good, l'm glad. Ok, love you." Watts did not respond.

1556 hours: Watts searched Google for Pariculin (a volcano)

1844 hours: a photo was created in his image file documenting the temperature setting in the refrigerator

1847 hours: a photo of four chicken breast on a barbeque grill was created in his image file

1705 hours: Watts told Kodi Roberts {co-worker}, "l have the whip checks for the Cervi 6-29. l'm gonna gostraight out there from my house in the morning. I will look at that 3-19 as well and run the 11-29 if you want?"

thanks guys for all this great info.
scdiv I think that is a good thought .he was prepping food for the work week.

still wondering about the facetime with nan and pop.o_O

"RONNIE said the other detectives he talked to said CHRIS’ story changed a few times. RONNIE asked CHRIS if the baby monitor was upstairs or in the kitchen. CHRIS said it was upstairs and RONNIE said he thought CHRIS said it was in the kitchen. RONNIE told CHRIS he loved him no matter what. RONNIE said it was unfortunate his baby monitor didn’t record." Discovery Page 610

She might release a book, but I don't think it would contain anything we don't already know. So I'm not interested in that at all. At this point, it would be a snooze fest of a book since everything is in the discovery documents.

However, as I mentioned in an earlier thread, I really would like CW's parents and sister to sit down with Dr. Phil. I know they would get paid, but I'd tune in for that interview.

I'd tune in as well. I have questions and an insane amount of curiosity.

thanks guys for all this great info.
scdiv I think that is a good thought .he was prepping food for the work week.

still wondering about the facetime with nan and pop.o_O
I had just added this line to the timeline on my post -

1707 hours: Watts called Sandy Rzucek and held a nearly twelve minute conversation (Maybe that was the FaceTime call which was referenced on Page 591?)

IMO, TB was more sincere than NK, and TB wasn't paid by HLN for his story either.
Can't find the exact page, but SW was worried about CW being with another woman "or worse", IIRC.
And NK did do that search about prepping for anal sex.
Hopefully we'll find out for certain.
Too late to edit but wanted to add that the page was 1897 where SW wasn't hearing back from CW and wrote "or think you're with another girl, or worse. No consideration of others."
Now I think it meant that she thought he might have been in an accident, rather than with another guy.

I personally don't think it's worse if he was cheating with a man.
But if the bi/gay rumors make the monster more embarrassed than he already is, then great, because he sure doesn't feel any remorse.
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
CW's uses the same canned responses over and over to describe his kids (they're my whole world. I just want them to give me a bear hug.) But he actually makes several negative comments about them over the course of this. Calls them "bossy", says they scream a lot, and more.

It paints a disturbing picture of how he really felt about them.

Moo

There is a report from the neighbors about seeing CW outside grilling around 7pm.

Page 1972 - Bette offered information about a bar-b-que they had around 1900 hours on Sunday evening (08/12/18) and never heard or saw Bella or Celeste during that time. She did see Watts a couple times as he was cooking something on the grill but the girls never appeared when he walked outside.

As far as the pizza, CW ordered pizza on Saturday night for when the baby-sitter was there with the girls so he could go to his non-Rockies game date with the girlfriend. CW ordered it and baby-sitter gave it to the girls and texted SW.

Page 2113:
1634 hours: Watts called a local Papa John's pizza store

1759 hours: Shanann asked McKenna, "Hey love, this is Shanann. How are the girls?" McKenna replied they are doing great, "CeCe ate 3 slices of pizza." shanann thanked McKenna for watching the girls and asked if she needs anything, iust ask.

Noted in the report: ln contrast, Watts never checked in with McKenna to see how the girls were doing, or whether McKenna needed anything.

-
So I think the cold pizza on Sunday was leftovers from the night before. I think he wasn't having it because he's been following a pretty strict eating regimen. He was texting the girlfriend from the birthday party how there wasn't more there that he could eat, just unhealthy things, and he was trying to resist having a funnel cake. So my guess is he came home and cooked something healthy to keep up his fit, lean body. ETA: Page 694. He didn't want to eat the hot dogs at the party haha. He was "pounding fruit and ate a whole jar of asparagus."

CW also took a picture of 4 chicken breast on the bbq grill at 6:47 pm. My guess given all the mention of his recent clean eating and meal prep is that he was prepping some protein for the week. The girlfriend was very into fitness too, so maybe he was going to send her a picture of his meal prep? Just a random guess on my part. Right before that he took a picture of the temperature in the fridge so maybe that was for SW?

Page 2117:
1556 hours: Shanann asked if the girls had fun at the party. Watts said they were still there and they were having fun. Shanann replied, "Good, l'm glad. Ok, love you." Watts did not respond.

1556 hours: Watts searched Google for Pariculin (a volcano)

1844 hours: a photo was created in his image file documenting the temperature setting in the refrigerator

1847 hours: a photo of four chicken breast on a barbeque grill was created in his image file

1705 hours: Watts told Kodi Roberts {co-worker}, "l have the whip checks for the Cervi 6-29. l'm gonna gostraight out there from my house in the morning. I will look at that 3-19 as well and run the 11-29 if you want?"

1707 hours: Watts called Sandy Rzucek and held a nearly twelve minute conversation (Maybe that was the FaceTime call which was referenced on Page 591?)
I replied before you added the phone call to sandy.
yes that makes sense.
cant imagine he would have wanted to spend 12 minutes making small talk with the mother of the family he was about to snuff out :mad::mad:

so 5.07 till 5.19 pm is the very last confirmed sighting interaction with bella and cece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks