OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you never saw the interior of the Wagner’s home, look now. It's an overcrowded dump. They could have dropped pieces of the silencer and never realized it.
260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Twp, OH 45660 - 4 beds/1 bath

Can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing all those eyes staring down at you? Hitchcock would be scared. I shudder at what little SW thought waking up with all those eyes everyday.

What gets me is all that busy wallpaper combined with the very busy couch covers. I would throw it all out and start over with something light and bright.

JMO

Can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing all those eyes staring down at you? Hitchcock would be scared. I shudder at what little SW thought waking up with all those eyes everyday.

What gets me is all that busy wallpaper combined with the very busy couch covers. I would throw it all out and start over with something light and bright.

JMO
No bathroom pics shown. Says it was "recently remodeled."

Great article....

"Perhaps, it was even rumored that Mexican cartels, angered by the family’s small marijuana grow operations, had shown up in rural Ohio and executed the dastardly plot.But as time went on and nary a Mexican emerged as a suspect." " Out of article."

This is what caught my attention back when murders first happened. Also, I spent the first 12 years of my life just over border in a West Virginia "holler." I shook my head and thought no way cartel. First, all the kids are alive, and nothing burned to ground. I live in cartel country were LE claim four of them operate. The cartels aren't going to do it themselves or call that much attention to themselves in US. They hire gangs like Tango Blast or Mexican Mafia gang members to kill or train their own like the Wolf Boys ( Wolf Boys ). These are not the sharpest killers. Example of MM killing police office ( while FBI films it) here in Texas. https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...rms-it-was-filming-slain-Balcones-6330327.php

200 plants is not a major grow operation. Also, IMHO growing weed in Appalachia now is same as when everybody ran a still. Stills and recipes were guarded very closely. Also, wouldn't the the electric company notice the massive draw of electricity for grow lights?

JMO man JMO

If you never saw the interior of the Wagner’s home, look now. It's an overcrowded dump. They could have dropped pieces of the silencer and never realized it.
260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Twp, OH 45660 - 4 beds/1 bath

Iirc, I don't think they were permitted to search the interior of the home. It had already been sold. I did note, on that day, that they were searching several "hot spots". I figured for shell casings, but if they tried out a silencer, parts of it could have come out in target shoot.

"Perhaps, it was even rumored that Mexican cartels, angered by the family’s small marijuana grow operations, had shown up in rural Ohio and executed the dastardly plot.But as time went on and nary a Mexican emerged as a suspect." " Out of article."

This is what caught my attention back when murders first happened. Also, I spent the first 12 years of my life just over border in a West Virginia "holler." I shook my head and thought no way cartel. First, all the kids are alive, and nothing burned to ground. I live in cartel country were LE claim four of them operate. The cartels aren't going to do it themselves or call that much attention to themselves in US. They hire gangs like Tango Blast or Mexican Mafia gang members to kill or train their own like the Wolf Boys ( Wolf Boys ). These are not the sharpest killers. Example of MM killing police office ( while FBI films it) here in Texas. https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...rms-it-was-filming-slain-Balcones-6330327.php

200 plants is not a major grow operation. Also, IMHO growing weed in Appalachia now is same as when everybody ran a still. Stills and recipes were guarded very closely. Also, wouldn't the the electric company notice the massive draw of electricity for grow lights?

JMO man JMO

I thought I saw a solar panel on one of the buildings. Pretty sure the video was in the media thread: Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

Then again, I would think that solar panels could have attracted unwanted attention too from low flying helicopters.

Could someone please explain what a silencer is and how it’s put together? What does it look like? I’m having a hard time guessing what this “stuffing” might be.

I have not seen any of the silencers involved in this case... That said they sound rather crude.
First, suppressor is more accurate. What you hear in a movie is nothing like what a suppressed gunshot really sounds like. Its still loud, and it still sounds like a gunshot, its just not going to rattle the glasses in the cupboard anymore. Thats why I say the term "suppressor" is much more accurate. Silencer implies that you won't hear a gunshot, and that completely false. These murders were most certainly heard, just not half a mile away.

The purpose of a silencer is to slow down the bullet and disrupt the flow of the gasses as they exit the firearm. Half of what you hear is the bullet actually breaking the sound barrier. If you do a quick video search for "See Through Silencer" there are videos where you can see the insides and they actually show shots in slow motion. Really cool IMO... These suppressors don't use a filler material, they have baffles cut with a CNC machine to disrupt the gasses. Same concept, BUT THE BULLET DOESN'T TOUCH THE INSIDE OF THE SUPPRESSOR with the newer CNC machined designs. The suppressors used in this crime sound more like what I could make in my garage...

EDIT:
See Through Suppressor in Super Slow Motion (110000 fps) - YouTube

Thread an extension onto the barrel, and drill holes through the extension to vent gasses. Pack washers and steel wool over the extension, and seal it. The steel wool filler or fluff exits the barrel with the bullet because that stuff gets everywhere... Its a forensic goldmine really.

When I hit the search tab for Fox19 news and typed in Wagner it came up with that link. But I got the April date. In clicking on my link I, like you, get the July date. Irregardless there was no connection between the Wagners and Rhodens in either April or July.

Did the news reporters know there was going to be an arrest in either April or July?

I'd love to know the answer to that question...o_O

I have not seen any of the silencers involved in this case... That said they sound rather crude.
First, suppressor is more accurate. What you hear in a movie is nothing like what a suppressed gunshot really sounds like. Its still loud, and it still sounds like a gunshot, its just not going to rattle the glasses in the cupboard anymore. Thats why I say the term "suppressor" is much more accurate. Silencer implies that you won't hear a gunshot, and that completely false. These murders were most certainly heard, just not half a mile away.

The purpose of a silencer is to slow down the bullet and disrupt the flow of the gasses as they exit the firearm. Half of what you hear is the bullet actually breaking the sound barrier. If you do a quick video search for "See Through Silencer" there are videos where you can see the insides and they actually show shots in slow motion. Really cool IMO... These suppressors don't use a filler material, they have baffles cut with a CNC machine to disrupt the gasses. Same concept, BUT THE BULLET DOESN'T TOUCH THE INSIDE OF THE SUPPRESSOR with the newer CNC machined designs. The suppressors used in this crime sound more like what I could make in my garage...

EDIT:

Thread an extension onto the barrel, and drill holes through the extension to vent gasses. Pack washers and steel wool over the extension, and seal it. The steel wool filler or fluff exits the barrel with the bullet because that stuff gets everywhere... Its a forensic goldmine really.

EDIT:

I always thought they were same thing.
What is a Silencer vs a Suppressor?

EDIT:

So true. Recently heard an AR 5.56 with a suppressor and it sounded more like a .22.

JMO

It looked a lot nicer when they bought it, imo. It was built in 1901 and they painted it that horrible red color and let everything grow wild outside and in... and hung dead animal heads all over the place. No respect for such a nice old house, imo. Blasphemy! I wouldn't sleep there even one night.
Link below is what it looked like before:

260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Twp, OH 45660 - 3 beds/1 bath

It looked a lot nicer when they bought it, imo. It was built in 1901 and they painted it that horrible red color and let everything grow wild outside and in... and hung dead animal heads all over the place. No respect for such a nice old house, imo. Blasphemy! I wouldn't sleep there even one night.

Much better.

You're right! It looks much brighter before the Wags moved in.

I didn't realize the house was so small. 1300 sq ft. I don't know how four adults and two small children lived there. They had to be tripping over themselves with all that stuff in there.

The size was what threw me back when I first saw it too, but, I got to thinkin on it some, and, I believe that the boys may have bought the home, for themselves, and their families, in Feb. 2014. The parent's names were not on the deed. It also appears that both brother's, I think, again, were unexpectedly, single men, either shortly before, or not long after, they purchased the home on Peterson.

When the two brothers relationships broke apart, that's when I think that GW3 and AW moved in, which would be at some point in 2015. GW3 gets custody of his child, and after they all realize they have no leverage against HMR, nor her family, in getting control of S., it seems the W family decided to just kill JW's "inlaws" and be done with it.

GW3 was married to his child's mother in Nov. 2012. GW3's child was born in 7/2013. By early 2016, GW's wife is gone, has remarried, and has a young baby. So, by sometime in 2015, she was out of GW'3 life.

S was born 11/2013. HMR and JW were to be married, according to her Twitter post on 8/26/2014, the next year on their five year anniversary, 8/27/2015, but by early 2015, JW and HMR have split.

I would like to hear an interview from GW3s ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni