Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, a body of a man was found on the same day as Toyah was murdered, on a beach naked just a little further down from where her belongings were found--> Naked body found in Bowen

I have tried finding more information about the man, but have not been able to find anything. Very odd for two people within 24 hours?

They obviously know who he is, they know he is 47 years old and I doubt he had any ID on him at the time.

No Cookies | The Cairns Post

The man spearheading the sign campaign, Wayne ‘Prong’ Trimble was overwhelmed by the public support of the awareness campaign.

“It has gone from a little sticker to this and like the sticker says we are never going to give up,” he said.

“Everyone is angry, not at the coppers or anyone else but the situation she got herself in and what happened after that.”

BBM Wonder what the "situation" refers to???

drsleuth this is a very important post.

Bumping this forward.
Could it be a bit of drug running up and down the coast?
Bit of extra money which is obviously needed thus the .

Bumping this forward.

I think you’re right, tgy. There’s much more to Toyah’s story. I wondered if she may have met up with her killer on behalf of someone else. It might explain the cold shoulder someone was getting at the funeral. Or it might not.

Bumping this forward.

I am not sure. All you have to do is look at Jane Gilmore's writings to realise it (or comments like it) is a pretty standard comment made toward women who are murdered, that somehow they are partly responsible for their deaths for, for example, being intoxicated, walking alone, leaving the front door open etc: I read it two ways, as I just explained, or there is more to the story. I am not sure which way the cookie crumbles.

No Cookies | The Cairns Post

The man spearheading the sign campaign, Wayne ‘Prong’ Trimble was overwhelmed by the public support of the awareness campaign.

“It has gone from a little sticker to this and like the sticker says we are never going to give up,” he said.

“Everyone is angry, not at the coppers or anyone else but the situation she got herself in and what happened after that.”

My parents lived in Port Douglas before Skase developed it.
After a days fishing we were coming into Port in the dark and we nearly hit another boat with no lights, just a small torch warning us.
My dad said they would be dropping off drugs.

3,868 km
Distance from Port Douglas to Indonesia

The shortest border distance is between the mainlands of Papua New Guinea and Australia at about 150 kilometres; however, the northernmost inhabited island, Boigu Island, is about 5 kilometres from Papua New Guinea

I am not sure. All you have to do is look at Jane Gilmore's writings to realise it (or comments like it) is a pretty standard comment made toward women who are murdered, that somehow they are partly responsible for their deaths for, for example, being intoxicated, walking alone, leaving the front door open etc: I read it two ways, as I just explained, or there is more to the story. I am not sure which way the cookie crumbles.

No no I didn’t see anything pointing to the victims fault.
OK I’ll change the wording. Same same.

“Everyone is angry, not at the coppers or anyone else but the situation he got himself in and what happened after that.”

No no I didn’t see anything pointing to the victims fault.
OK I’ll change the wording. Same same.

“Everyone is angry, not at the coppers or anyone else but the situation he got himself in and what happened after that.”

I read that as the situation of being murdered...same same

The situation of being alone on the beach, no cell reception, on her own, no way out...that situation (environment, set of circumstances) which lead to her death and discarding of evidence. I just read it that way *shrug*

Kinda like if you get into a car with a drunk driver there’s a high chance your gonna get hurt?
It’s not the car (beach) but the drunk behind the wheel. (Situation).
But it’s just not because your a girl.

Yes and also no. Have a look at Jane Gilmore's work, she raises huge concerns in regards to the way womens murders are reported, which reflect a deeper issue within aussie culture. There is what is actually said, so what this man has said, and then the issue of how what is said is reported in media. Sorry I did not write clearly.

Last edited:
Just wondering, a body of a man was found on the same day as Toyah was murdered, on a beach naked just a little further down from where her belongings were found--> Naked body found in Bowen
I have tried finding more information about the man, but have not been able to find anything. Very odd for two people within 24 hours?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member