Found Deceased UT - Debra Kent, 17, Bountiful, 8 Nov 1974

I have sent this info to Meaghan and hopefully she will resolve her case on Charley project. She has been removed from every database.

No she was removed because police closed her case and concluded that the kneecap was hers. I don’t know if they found it.

She’s been removed from Namus 3 times now and whenever namus removes a case it usually means it’s closed. Debra’s family believes that the bone is Debra’s.

Debra Kent is no longer missing. I just emailed the doe network about her case and apparently a DNA match was made!

Todd Matthews (Doe network Admin):

DNA was used on the remains found to confirm the ID in comparison to family reference samples

I’m guessing additional remains were located and matched to debbies DNA or maybe that Patella bone was found again.

Debra Jean Kent
RESOLVED

• debra_jean_kent_1.jpg
  • debra_jean_kent_2.jpg
  • kent_debra3.jpg
Debra, circa 1975

• Missing Since11/08/1974
  • Missing FromBountiful, Utah
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth03/12/1957 (61)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight-
  • Distinguishing Characteristics-
Details of Disappearance
Debra disappeared from the parking lot of Viewmont High School in her hometown of Bountiful, Utah during the evening of November 8, 1974. Authorities determined she was a victim of the serial killer Ted Bundy, who confessed to her murder before his 1989 execution.

Only Debra's patella was ever recovered, and initially it could not be identified because DNA testing was not available. It has since been identified, and Debra is no longer listed as a missing person.

Other girls and young women who are still listed as missing persons but believed to be Bundy's victims include Nancy Baird, Ann Marie Burr, Lynette Culver, Julie Cunningham, Susan Curtis, Georgeann Hawkins, Vicki Hollar, Rita Jolly, Donna Manson, Denise Oliverson, Nancy Wilcox, and others.
Investigating Agency
  • -
Source Information
Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 26, 2018; case resolved.

Since they had the bone for so long, why did the DNA testing take so long? Was the bone lost or were extractions of DNA just very unsuccessful for a while until it was identified as Debra's?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back