GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been discussed before but the DA did not seem to know anything about a letter until it was asked about at the post-sentencing press conference. Will LE continue to investigate and get a copy of this letter now? Will we see it in a future document dump? Or is it considered case closed since CW has been sentenced? @gitana1 can someone face charges if the letter was forged? Or will LE likely let it go?
By all appearances, the letter was not a topic until after CW's parents opposed the plea agreement. IMO, it's irrelevant -- nothing happened to CW. He was never in danger! Nothing actionable the way it went down.

I thought that was very cruel and talk about getting off on the wrong foot. And for Shannan to find out that the reason they were not there was because they did not get an invite. Bad.

P.S. Also to not like Shannan as much as they did I keep on looking for a reason, like a bad one that would warrent that kind of behavior but am coming up empty handed.

It's heartbreaking.

Also on page 85
"While in the home, a track dog was asked to enter, as ther had been some indication from the cadaver dog that a struggle or argument may have ensued. Jeff Hiebert and his K9 entered the home. Jeff stated that his dog showed interest in the unmade bed in the basement and an area just below the stairs, but did not do any final trained alerts. We exited the basement and went upstairs to the garage. No indicators were noted in the garage and we exited the home."
----------------------------------------------------------
Makes me think that there was no argument or struggle. They were all sleeping when he killed them? I pray that is true..

She might have gone downstairs to talk to him and met her demise. :(

One of the neighbors stated he would park her Lexus down the street when she was in NC for some reason.

Although he obviously didnt do that for the Az trip since it was in the garage at the time police were called.

I wonder if NK came over more often than they admitted and parked her car in the garage so no neighbors would see her? He wasn't allowed to drive his work truck anywhere except work and home so it would be a pain going out on dates or even over to NK's house without it being noticed that his truck was somewhere else all night. They were seeing each other 4 nights a week or more. I bet he didn't want to waste time taking his truck home and switching to the Lexus every night. JMO.

If he killed the girls in their beds and left their bodies there for any length of time longer than a few minutes, seeing as the sheets and pillows were still on the beds, the cadaver dog would have alerted to their beds. If it didn't alert at their beds I think that would be a good indication that he killed them very close to the time he left the house, and they weren't dead when Shanann came home.

MOO
I personally don't think they were on the beds long, but additionally, he washed the sheets.

Pg 479 (Discovery pg 543) – Nichol Kessinger interview. NICHOL recalled on August 13, 2018 she and CHRIS “facetimed”. During the video call CHRIS was laying on a mattress that did not have sheets on it. NICHOL inquired why the bed in the video call did not have sheets on it and CHRIS told her he had washed the sheets.

CHRIS also told NICHOL he had to wash his children’s sheets as “they smell”.

By all appearances, the letter was not a topic until after CW's parents opposed the plea agreement. IMO, it's irrelevant -- nothing happened to CW. He was never in danger! Nothing actionable the way it went down.
He killed his wife and kids without even suffering so much as a scratch.

The letter is both laughable and absurd.

If it is valid, it proves one thing: Premeditation.

I personally don't think they were on the beds long, but additionally, he washed the sheets.

Pg 479 (Discovery pg 543) – Nichol Kessinger interview. NICHOL recalled on August 13, 2018 she and CHRIS “facetimed”. During the video call CHRIS was laying on a mattress that did not have sheets on it. NICHOL inquired why the bed in the video call did not have sheets on it and CHRIS told her he had washed the sheets.

-CHRIS also told NICHOL he had to wash his children’s sheets as “they smell”.
That is true, I had overlooked that. But I also think these dogs are trained to detect very faint and even years-old odors, and unless he put different pillows and mattresses on the beds they would have detected it even with clean sheets.

I doubt he could have bleached the mattress/pillows, although they referenced an odor of cleaning chemicals in the house generally.

Also on page 85
"While in the home, a track dog was asked to enter, as ther had been some indication from the cadaver dog that a struggle or argument may have ensued. Jeff Hiebert and his K9 entered the home. Jeff stated that his dog showed interest in the unmade bed in the basement and an area just below the stairs, but did not do any final trained alerts. We exited the basement and went upstairs to the garage. No indicators were noted in the garage and we exited the home."
----------------------
Thanks for noting this, it had stood out to me at first reading. I had wondered about potential people CW might have been bringing to the basement room while the rest of the family was in North Carolina. It sounds like the bed got the dog's interest, but wasn't strong enough to get an alert for further investigation.

FYI- there were no reports of CW having guests, it was only my suspicion. MOO

He killed his wife and kids without even suffering so much as a scratch.

The letter is both laughable and absurd.

If it is valid, it proves one thing. Premeditation.
Yes and another unbelievable action of too many to count in that whoever created and/or promoted the letter thought it would help CW when it does the opposite.

I’m sure someone knows better than I do, but I thought they were required to shave for their photos, but after that they could grow hair. Although I imagine the inmate will do whatever he’s told and it varies by location.

That is true, I had overlooked that. But I also think these dogs are trained to detect very faint and even years-old odors, and unless he put different pillows and mattresses on the beds they would have detected it even with clean sheets.

I doubt he could have bleached the mattress/pillows, although they referenced an odor of cleaning chemicals in the house generally.

Maybe they were not deceased long enough for there to be a scent? The dogs both tracking and scent are usually very good, especially in an enclosed area such as a home. There is no weather, wind, rain or other scents to deal with.

Ok, I'm asking this NOT for the purpose of sleuthing. What is NK's birthday?

I ask because she mentions giving police a bunch of things CW gave her, including a handwritten birthday card. I thought I saw her birthday was in March but would need to look again. I wish the document had a word find function!

If her birthday is in March, then wouldn't that mean their relationship began sooner than June? This, coupled with the coworker who said he saw them standing close at work and claims he saw it 5 months before the murders.

NK may be telling the truth about their sexual relationship starting in June but her Google searches and other tidbits suggest to me they had an emotional affair sooner than she says. Very few married men give birthday cards to female coworkers on the basis of being platonic.

NK also said in a police interview she doesn't believe she is his reason for why he killed his family because they only dated for 5 weeks. She said "it doesn't compute". Well, it might tell a different story if their emotional relationship was much longer than she's admitting.
NK's birthday is in July, there was one instance where it wasn't blacked out. I will try to find it if no one has by the time I catch up in this thread.

Maybe they were not deceased long enough for there to be a scent? The dogs both tracking and scent are usually very good, especially in an enclosed area such as a home. There is no weather, wind, rain or other scents to deal with.
Any chance he didnt kill them until in his truck or at the site?

I believe it and wonder how long it would have been until he was cheating with a man on NK.
Did you see that picture of NK dressed in sexy lingerie,standing in the doorway, facing the mirror? She looked hot, and CW was the one who took the photo. I think he really did find the girl of his fantasies in her and did what he did because her preferred spending time with her over his family. I think he probably would have remained faithful until a baby and all the responsibility that comes with one entered their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie