Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not proof TB was familiar with Delphi through its location of another Calvary Chapel established the same year, but an indication of the possibility.

BBM
Calvary Chapels are independent and self-governing churches. They do not have church membership apart from pastors recognized through their affiliate program. The Calvary Chapel Association has the responsibility of affiliating churches with Calvary Chapel. A church that affiliates with Calvary Chapel often (but not always) uses the name "Calvary Chapel". Three requirements for becoming affiliated exist:

1. the pastor must "embrace the characteristics of the Calvary Chapel movement as described in Calvary Chapel Distinctives"
  2. the church must have the characteristics of a church (as opposed to a less-developed home fellowship)
  3. an applicant must express willingness to spend the time to fellowship with other Calvary Chapels[54]
Calvary Chapel - Wikipedia
Someone in Delphi will know if he was in Delphi re the Calvary Chapel and fellowshipping. This should be easy for LE to find out very quickly.

Does anyone else feel this is taking longer than usual for an attorney to be appointed and his social media to be shut down? I feel like it usually doesn't take this long. Yes, there was a long holiday weekend, but I think things should be moving along a bit faster.

If you look at the map of Calvary Chapels in the world, and zoom into the midwest USA, you'll see that there aren't that many - just a few, in fact. Calvary Chapel | Church Finder, Calvary Global Network, CGN

But TB was the pastor of a (now closed) chapel in MO, and there just happens to have been a chapel in Delphi until March 2017. It's not as if you find Calvary Chapels in every midwestern town by any means. Yet, we have one in the small town where BG was.

Again, I am NOT implying the chapel has anything to do with the crime, but that it might be why TB would be in Delphi. Someone upthread commented the Calvary pastors tend to know each other. I have pastors in my family (different denomination), and they know other pastors, visit each other and each other's churches, help other congregations when needed, etc.

But, it could mean absolutely nothing, just a weird coincidence.

jmo
Hmm. I see about 20 churches affiliated with Calvary Chapel just in Indiana.

http://calvarycca.org/churches/

I wonder how common it is for a sexual predator to assault/murder multiple females at the same time? That uniqueness of the crime may be enough to link the cases imo....not sure how often that happens? Obviously the more victims the riskier it is for the perp to be caught.

Hmm. I see about 20 churches affiliated with Calvary Chapel just in Indiana.

http://calvarycca.org/churches/

Looks to be around 40 btwn Indiana and Missouri. Still could be a chance TB is friends with someone who is involved with the calvary church in Carroll county. Im just saying that these churches are disbursed throughout these 2 states...moo

Last edited:
Did someone here already sleuth a connection between TB and RL?

That is an extremely interesting angle.

Trying to remember, there was talk that the girls were ultimately located in an area that may have been previously searched the night before they were found.

Wondering if this was debunked ?

I remember closer to the murders, talk of The possibility of the murderer using cabins on RL property to conceal the crime/ bodies for a time.

I-70 stores that were the crime scenes:

shoe store (Indianapolis)
bridal shop (Wichita)
ceramics shop (Terra Haute, IN)
another footwear store (St. Charles, MO)
gift shop (Raytown, MO)

Possible additional crimes by the same perp:
antiques store (Fort Worth, TX)
dance apparel (Arlington, TX)

Did he keep trophies from any of these stores? The crimes were in 199os Would he hang on to them that long, if he is the perp (which we don't know, of course!)

FWIW: source of shop locations: I-70 Killer - Wikipedia

jmo

I recall seeing costume jewelry and such listed on the bankruptcy files. Maybe some stuff from his I70 days? (Purely speculating )

That is an extremely interesting angle.

Trying to remember, there was talk that the girls were ultimately located in an area that may have been previously searched the night before they were found.

Wondering if this was debunked ?

I remember closer to the murders, talk of The possibility of the murderer using cabins on RL property to conceal the crime/ bodies for a time.

That wasn't debunked but not really properly explained. It was very dark that night. Even with flashlights, visibility was bad. The place where the girls was ultimately found was given a cursory search, but the fact that they weren't found doesn't necessarily mean anything. At that point they were searching for living girls, possibly injured. The girls were eventually found covered with debris. It is reasonable to think they were overlooked.

Also, while the official search was called off, the actual search continued. I have family and friends who participated in the search on an official and unofficial basis. The Pattys have also spiken about it on FB. It was cold and dark and people didn't give up. Bringing two bodies back would have been very risky. IMO it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07