GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got way behind after the documents were released. So someone may have already mentioned this, but in the last paragraph at the bottom of the top page here is referenced a phone conversation between CW & NK on Sunday evening between 9-11pm where CW was watching TV, not in the basement. I lost the portions where preciously others who had lived with the W family had described what light sleepers the girls were (they referenced not being able to use garage at all etc). The idea that CW was up with TV on that late could give the indication that the girls were already gone by the time SW arrived home. (This is my first ever post on WS so I’m hoping that I am following the rules correctly!) I used to live in the area where this too place and the story of SW and her beautiful daughters really came into my heart....

Attachments

• 6107B24A-3A8B-4F3A-885D-BC2CDDF961CD.png
    6107B24A-3A8B-4F3A-885D-BC2CDDF961CD.png
    412.4 KB · Views: 59
Yes! Reading the timeline the DA put together at the end of the discovery documents really highlighted that I think. I felt like I could feel CW make the decision to kill them all, sometime around the Thursday or Friday before. I think he considered it before then, but it felt like he knew by then that he would do it.

He made such a sudden turnaround, agreeing to counseling and the weekend away, messaging her nicely, telling her not to reveal the baby’s gender until Monday, he hugged and kissed her, he then sent that creepy doll photo .. he really is pure evil.

That timeline, with the added commentary, is brilliant.
I agree there was a definite switch in behaviour around that time.

Don't think that's strictly true. His friend Colon said he had known CW's family for years and his mum had said this numerous times over those years.[/QUOTE

Yes, you are correct, I didn’t word that right, meant they viewed the nut incident as proof she was unstable when SW did nothing wrong, it was the most recent incident. I don’t know why anyone would put any stock in what Cindy or Ronnie ever said about Shan’ann.

I got way behind after the documents were released. So someone may have already mentioned this, but in the last paragraph at the bottom of the top page here is referenced a phone conversation between CW & NK on Sunday evening between 9-11pm where CW was watching TV, not in the basement. I lost the portions where preciously others who had lived with the W family had described what light sleepers the girls were (they referenced not being able to use garage at all etc). The idea that CW was up with TV on that late could give the indication that the girls were already gone by the time SW arrived home. (This is my first ever post on WS so I’m hoping that I am following the rules correctly!) I used to live in the area where this too place and the story of SW and her beautiful daughters really came into my heart....
Welcome! Great 1st post.

I agree, I am not saying they never argued or had stresses but they were happy, in love and it was not a marriage on the verge of falling apart, that appears to have happened in the last few months.
Because Chris stopped caring or trying after he got obsessed with his new squeeze. IME, love in your marriage is a choice you make every day to get by the bad stuff. moo

Last edited:
That what the state does when you are servng life. All Sentences must have an outdate in the computer. That must be the code for life.
This is insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but would a 40 pound weight gain in a few months make sense, taking in to account a jail diet?

That is true, I had overlooked that. But I also think these dogs are trained to detect very faint and even years-old odors, and unless he put different pillows and mattresses on the beds they would have detected it even with clean sheets.

I doubt he could have bleached the mattress/pillows, although they referenced an odor of cleaning chemicals in the house generally.

What if he had a plastic sheet underneath, then washed the sheets and dumped the plastic?

They hate everyone and everything. A miserable group of people that can never be happy.

It wasn't SW, it could have been anyone

Moo
You've got that right!
I think it was hard to find fault with SW, must have been excruciating for them, imo. Not that Shanann's perfect but she's an amiable person and I think she wanted them to like her, not realizing until much later, they never would! So Shanann updating the' skaterboi' look of CW and then, the girls came along with health issues, they searched for fault until in their mind, found it. They're toxic people, mama, papa and sister Watts!

I lean towards killing the girls after, only because I can't imagine Shanann wouldn't have checked on them when she got in.

We know she was ordering products around 2-2.30 am so I can so no reason she wouldn't have popped her head in to see them.

Ha I've seen the "letter". I can't provide you with an acceptable link to it though! It was very short and written in quite awkward-looking handwriting. Don't know if he really wrote it but the signature at the end did appear similar to CW's signature on his court docs. Anyway I think it's a meaningless distraction.

I have not seen the letter. There is a sample of CW's handwriting in the discovery docs on pg 1152:

upload_2018-11-26_18-45-52.png
Christopher Watts discovery file | Garage (Residential) | Bathroom

I agree, probably not relevant now (it won't change his sentence and only adds to the premeditation IMO) but I'm curious if he wrote it or if someone else did.

Welcome, great question! I thought it was suspect when NK said she could not remember what they were talking about for 2 hours. I am not implying it was about the murders but there is no way she does not remember that conversation.

Yup. This is illustrated in her text messages to her friends and CW.

This was a relatively new development, and it shocked, saddened, and confused her.

Yes and very typical of Narcissists. Everything is fine one minute and then the next they discard, suddenly and abruptly, leaving the other person completely bewildered and confused. This was very apparent with poor Shan’ann, who had no clue what happened. Before she left for N.C. they were all over each other all the time. Like she said “THIS IS TOTAL LEFT FIELD”.

Oh my heart breaks for her. People kept calling her “fake” but I said from the beginning I believed she was totally real and was completely blindsided by him. She never had a clue he could remotely be capable of this. She believed in her family. The life she presented was real to her.

It’s just so sad.

Yes and very typical of Narcissists. Everything is fine one minute and then the next they discard, suddenly and abruptly, leaving the other person completely bewildered and confused. This was very apparent with poor Shan’ann, who had no clue what happened. Before she left for N.C. they were all over each other all the time. Like she said “THIS IS TOTAL LEFT FIELD”.

Oh my heart breaks for her. People kept calling her “fake” but I said from the beginning I believed she was totally real and was completely blindsided by him. She never had a clue he could remotely be capable of this. She believed in her family. The life she presented was real to her.

It’s just so sad.
Yup. Those text messages and witness statements give us a much better picture of Shanann and what she was going though, than any Facebook videos ever could.

I just can't imagine being able to suppress it all those years without saying anything to anyone.
ETA: Or it coming out in other ways.
I'm sure he didn't. The people living with him likely saw some sort of signs. And if there is any truth to the tinder meet ups he let out some rage there.

It did not escape my notice that he didn't have any real friendships. Even the guy he went running with said CW mostly just talked sports and his old roommate said he wasn't very close with him. Has nothing to do with rage, but certainly signs of trouble when you look at the big picture.

Moo

I actually did. I don't think the marital trouble suddenly came about in the summer. I think the issues magnified and surfaced during and after the summer trip. moo
Especially since genius Chris gave a presentation on relationships and said sometimes a new baby can help fix marital issues :rolleyes: They ended up trying for a new baby around March.

I'm sure he didn't. The people living with him likely saw some sort of signs. And if there is any truth to the tinder meet ups he let out some rage there.

It did not escape my notice that he didn't have any real friendships. Even the guy he went running with said CW mostly just talked sports and his old roommate said he wasn't very close with him. Has nothing to do with rage, but certainly signs of trouble when you look at the big picture.

Moo
Then why did SW's parents have nothing bad to say about him before the NC trip. They lived with him for over 18 months and surely they would have noticed something, anything?

Huh? That would be the most impractical method to get the girls up to the tank opening. The hair was detected caught in the 8" thief hatch opening, as he shoved their bodies through the entry. MOO
IIRC, he held Bella's arms up over her head as he fed her down into the hatch, and her little bottom scraped the edge of the hatch opening and strands of her hair clung to the side also.
One really has to picture that image to realize what an evil monster he is, that's why I couldn't understand how his supporters stood by him. It wasn't important in their world, what kind of world is this? This case was always straight forward, imo, just the Watts clan and co. were complicating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member