OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been discussed if so sorry but I missed it. In one of Jakes interviews he stated he went to the hospital to see the new baby. Was that ever proven to have happened or did he make that up?

The thing that bothers me about custody being the reason even more after that posting is if you are in a heated custody battle would you be posting stuff like that about the boys you are hanging with for the public to see and be used against you in a custody battle. If they did do the murders I think it was more than custody. JMO

I'm surprised again and again when I read in the news what some young people post on their social media pages. But, I think a lot of kids just think nobody but their friends will ever see their social page. A lot of them would probably not think that anything they wrote could be used against them legally. Social media is a mine field, alright.
Yes, you're right because Governor DeWine did say on the day of the arrests that the main cause for the murders was custody but that there were other issues involved, too. We'll have to wait for a long time to find out what the other motives were.

It's just mind-boggling to try and grasp the decisions made that lead to this. AW saying "HR" was like a daughter. She also said GWsr and CR 1 "we're more like brothers than friends". I guess as you say other relationships broke.

I've wondered, though not seen this anywhere, this is TOTALLY my wandering mind...DR and CR1 divorced, though it appears amicable. Is it my possible one of them had a more intimate relationship with AW or GWsr at some point that also created hostility? (MODS please delete if this type of speculation isn't permitted and my apologies!)

Lastly, the scene at CR1's. BJM's 911 call definitely said there was blood everywhere and something like "it looked like someone beat the hell out of them". So what were they wearing that they didn't leave DNA...or did they? And just how long did they stay there with two dead men while they waited to continue killing the rest of the family....

BBM
AW and JW have spoken to the press, one reporter, who traveled all the way to AK, not expecting to get anything, even did (from AW and JW). I've always heard that the guiltiest dogs bark the loudest.

I've heard that speculated. I haven't found any evidence of it, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I think they wore lightweight hunting style coveralls, gloves, head/face covering, and "special shoes". I think the special shoes, were ones that matched shoes or boots worn by the family members. Their footprints would just mix in with all the others.

This has probably been discussed if so sorry but I missed it. In one of Jakes interviews he stated he went to the hospital to see the new baby. Was that ever proven to have happened or did he make that up?

I've asked that question myself. The only people who would know, are probably deceased, unless hospital staff remember, or there are pics of him, and S, at the hospital. He said he took her there to see baby K. I also want someone to come forward and say; Yes, I saw him with the S, the week prior to the murders.

I've asked that question myself. The only people who would know, are probably deceased, unless hospital staff remember, or there are pics of him, and S, at the hospital. He said he took her there to see baby K. I also want someone to come forward and say; Yes, I saw him with the S, the week prior to the murders.
Yeah I would like to see pics cause everyone takes pics of big sister with the new baby. But I guess he could say he did but they were on his lost phone. I would think HR would have posted pics of the two girls meeting if it happened like he said. jmo

I'm gonna go Thursday to see Angela. She should be the highlight of the week!
Courthouse is small. Crowded. Alot of press. I heard many didn't get into see JW today as it was full.
will see!
Thank you for bearing witness. I applaud you for your efforts. Best arrive early and prepare to stand in line. Looking forward to your comments.

Trying to figure out surveillance with dogs. Saw a commercial with Fitbit where old dude runs a picture of heart, flower etc then prints it. Them things also do real time too. Affix one under dogs collar and know his pattern at night and in real time. I was thinking along lines they were using animals to surveil Rs not to surveil animals were at any given time. Any thoughts? Oh also JMO

I know this will be somewhat speculative/ local gossip. But does anybody have any indication of the type of involvement that JW had in SW life while HR was alive? Did he show interest in SW or did he use her as a barganing chip with HR? I'm mainly curious bc I keep trying to get a feeling of the social interaction of the Wagner family. Was AW pulling the strings, or was JW feeding AW stories about HR not letting him see SW. And how hes was trying his best but the Rhodens were just unreasonable and he needed to do something. Iknow probably questions that we will never have answered....

Hi everyone, this is my first ever post! I joined websleuths because of this case. It has always haunted me. I live a couple hours from Pike County in a very similar rural area of Ohio. The murders happened on our 10th wedding anniversary and we happened to be celebrating with a long weekend away about an hour away from Pike County. I've followed just about every detail I could get my hands on the last 2.5 years. What an emotional rollercoaster of a case this has been! I don't really know where to begin as far as commenting on anything specific, there's just too much. My husband is an avid outdoors man and very well versed in firearms so we've had quite a few conversations about the silencer when the information was released. My FIL is a Concealed Carry Instructor in our County as well. I didn't realize how easy it is to make one at home until speaking to both of them about it. I've enjoyed reading all of your theories so much. What a bright group of minds!

Hi everyone, this is my first ever post! I joined websleuths because of this case. It has always haunted me. I live a couple hours from Pike County in a very similar rural area of Ohio. The murders happened on our 10th wedding anniversary and we happened to be celebrating with a long weekend away about an hour away from Pike County. I've followed just about every detail I could get my hands on the last 2.5 years. What an emotional rollercoaster of a case this has been! I don't really know where to begin as far as commenting on anything specific, there's just too much. My husband is an avid outdoors man and very well versed in firearms so we've had quite a few conversations about the silencer when the information was released. My FIL is a Concealed Carry Instructor in our County as well. I didn't realize how easy it is to make one at home until speaking to both of them about it. I've enjoyed reading all of your theories so much. What a bright group of minds!

WELCOME. YOU WILL FIND AN INTERESTING INTELLIGENT AND NICE PEOPLE HERE.

LIVE WELL. POST OFTEN

Just because the older gen had some money doesn't mean they handed it to their son's family freely. Lots of well off elders will let their kids struggle/make their own fortune.
So being raised to feel entitled but not knowing how to generate the needed money to live how they wanted they felt entitled to steal and cheat.
I think the Ws could well have welcomed theft-worthy loot if there was money or easily saleable dope around like pills.
There's been rumors somewhere, can't remember, about a shatter lab. ??? Am I imagining it?

Do you know what shatter is? Its concentrated THC. Weed. I can buy it legally at the store in my state...

The thing that bothers me about custody being the reason even more after that posting is if you are in a heated custody battle would you be posting stuff like that about the boys you are hanging with for the public to see and be used against you in a custody battle. If they did do the murders I think it was more than custody. JMO

BBM
Young people? In that age range? Yes, many post their whole social life on there. I'm shocked at what some adults post publicly.

&

Me too.

Trying to figure out surveillance with dogs. Saw a commercial with Fitbit where old dude runs a picture of heart, flower etc then prints it. Them things also do real time too. Affix one under dogs collar and know his pattern at night and in real time. I was thinking along lines they were using animals to surveil Rs not to surveil animals were at any given time. Any thoughts? Oh also JMO

JW's dog could've been outfitted with a GoPro. He could have just been pretending to be having fun with his new toy while in reality, he's making a map of the scene. How to get around the most troublesome areas, say at CR1's, and FR's? Who'd ever think he was plotting to kill them? Just having fun with your new toy.j

I know this will be somewhat speculative/ local gossip. But does anybody have any indication of the type of involvement that JW had in SW life while HR was alive? Did he show interest in SW or did he use her as a barganing chip with HR? I'm mainly curious bc I keep trying to get a feeling of the social interaction of the Wagner family. Was AW pulling the strings, or was JW feeding AW stories about HR not letting him see SW. And how hes was trying his best but the Rhodens were just unreasonable and he needed to do something. Iknow probably questions that we will never have answered....

This is only my take from when their FB's were public, very early on. My impression was that he saw S, on a weekly basis, in other words, he got her on a week on, week off, basis. With that said, IMO, AW realized that S was turning three. She would be in public preschool soon.

JW was working a lot of hours driving back and forth to Cinci, thus, it is a theory of mine, that S was cared for, mainly by AW, and she was seeing the handwriting on the wall, that soon, S would start public school, in addition what would happen if there was a marriage in the works? It might be looking like her visits with S could go to every other weekend. I think it is possible that AW saw S as the daughter she never had. Became obsessed with her, and it is she who may have started this, even if not, she could have stopped it, before her sons went before a Death Penalty Jury. Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
JW's dog could've been outfitted with a GoPro. He could have just been pretending to be having fun with his new toy while in reality, he's making a map of the scene. How to get around the most troublesome areas, say at CR1's, and FR's? Who'd ever think he was plotting to kill them? Just having fun with your new toy.j

I thought of small camera or listening device. Camera would be like riding roller coaster and easy to see or find. I didn't see a fence so I assume CR1 just let his dogs out to run. Animals have patterns. If CR1 let animals out around same time everynight they would usually run same route. Would be invaluable to know where they went, how long etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa