Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to this whole Apco tip, Sherill looking for Suzie is of course possible, but I'm getting confused as to a couple of things about that.

1. Sherill doesn't manage to track down Suzie, and aware of possible danger, comes home. The girls aren't there yet. They arrive, and proceed to get ready for bed? Doesn't add up.
2. Sherill tracks down Suzie and Stacy, the three come home together. That theory would question: why? If she's out looking for Suzie, it's for good reason. I doubt they'd all then go home and the girls proceed to get ready for bed.
3. Sherill is out looking for Suzie, the girls get home before her. I just don't see them just getting into bed without Sherill being there for some unexplained reason.

OR, Sherill was at Apco, but not that night/at said time. As with George's sighting, I don't think it's completely fabricated - but perhaps key details, timings etc are mixed up. Either way, I don't think it makes or breaks this case. I honestly don't believe any of them knew what was coming until it happened. Every indication we have points to there being an interruption at some point in the early hours, either starting before the girls got home or when all three were in bed.

You ask good and logical questions. Bravo!

You ask good and logical questions. Bravo!
That's kind, thank you. Unfortunately, questions and theories are really all we have at this point. I think we all have to try and be logical about the case and divert from focusing on the smaller details or speculation around what happened. What is good, however, is that this case still fascinates and creates conversation - not only here, but in other online discussions and I'm sure for those familiar with it in the area, too.

<modsnip - discussing other forums>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for verification: it wasn't only make up removal pads found that indicated the girls had gotten ready for bed, the clothes that Suzie had been seen to have worn that night were tossed in a clothes bin and Stacy's bra was there supposedly leading her mother to ask if she left in a tee shirt only. Also, I didn't mean to imply that the clerk at the Apco "knew" Sherrill but recognized her from prior visits. My bad.

<modsnip - rude>

A little bitter, huh? It’s okay. I wouldn’t call myself a “family member” either. But then I can accept that that’s just the generic title for the “verified insiders”. However, like it or not, I’m more than just a suspect too. Suzie dated my best friend. She’s been to my apartment several times. We hung out in social situations together and on several occasions, we ate food and drink and laughed together. Although I wouldn’t go so far as to say I knew her extremely well, I would say we could be considered friends. So put on your big boy pants and accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This case will require boots on the ground to solve. Websleuths can only rehash media articles for so long before it's just an echo chamber of redundancy.

My son is just beginning to get interested in this case so actually it is 'redundancy' for us but not for the newbies ;)

It's all good.

That's kind, thank you. Unfortunately, questions and theories are really all we have at this point. I think we all have to try and be logical about the case and divert from focusing on the smaller details or speculation around what happened. What is good, however, is that this case still fascinates and creates conversation - not only here, but in other online discussions and I'm sure for those familiar with it in the area, too.

I never contributed to the Topix discussion but I remember reading those forums back in 2016 and amidst all the name calling, and trolling, there were some genuinely interesting theories and people who seemed to have valuable information pertaining to this case. It seems that those boards are no longer around, so I hope that this board continues to gather traction as it has in recent months.

Amen!

And, in case you haven't read page 1 of this thread:

We're urging SPD to request help from the show 'Cold Justice'....you can watch old episodes on Netflix if you've never seen the show.

To give SPD a 'nudge' go to:

P3 Tips

and submit your 'tip' in the comment box, you should hear back from SPD in a day or so. Spread the word! The families deserve answers and the women deserve justice.

Hi Dale, I am aware of you.

You should get verified as a friend of Sherrill through Websleuths.

It would be interesting to see if he can prove he actually knew Sherrill. Years of claiming to know her aren’t the same as actual proof.

If I remember correctly, Bartt had never heard of him or heard his mom speak of him.

<modsnip - rude>

A little bitter, huh? It’s okay. I wouldn’t call myself a “family member” either. But then I can accept that that’s just the generic title for the “verified insiders”. However, like it or not, I’m more than just a suspect too. Suzie dated my best friend. She’s been to my apartment several times. We hung out in social situations together and on several occasions, we ate food and drink and laughed together. Although I wouldn’t go so far as to say I knew her extremely well, I would say we could be considered friends. So put on your big boy pants and accept it.

Considering you wished Suzie, Mum and friend dead I would hardly call that friendship materiel.

Of course you have grown up since then but it still doesn’t diminish you’re callous behavior.

Just for verification: it wasn't only make up removal pads found that indicated the girls had gotten ready for bed, the clothes that Suzie had been seen to have worn that night were tossed in a clothes bin and Stacy's bra was there supposedly leading her mother to ask if she left in a tee shirt only. Also, I didn't mean to imply that the clerk at the Apco "knew" Sherrill but recognized her from prior visits. My bad.

Many will disagree with me but the APCO incident seems highly unlikely.

We know that the girls arrived. We know that Sherrill’s car was in the carport. We know that the blinds in Suzie’s bedroom were cracked leading a reasonable person to believe she knew the person driving up though the driveway.

One has to ask the logical question. Who would have been the most likely person that Suzie would have opened the door to which incidentally had both the main front door and the storm door swinging in opposite directions making it somewhat more unlikely a complete stranger would have been allowed in. The porch light and the yard light were wired to the same light switch in the house I believe it is correct to say.

So far as I know, the only DNA identified was that found near the front door. There is some reason Stacy may have left unwillingly.

We also know that her father specifically excluded the Levitt home as permissible places for Stacy to visit. He said that in one of the videos. Did he know something that would cause him to forbid her going there?

One hopes that the SPD explored all these questions starting with that APCO sighting.

We know that the girls arrived. We know that Sherrill’s car was in the carport. We know that the blinds in Suzie’s bedroom were cracked leading a reasonable person to believe she knew the person driving up though the driveway.

One has to ask the logical question. Who would have been the most likely person that Suzie would have opened the door to which incidentally had both the main front door and the storm door swinging in opposite directions making it somewhat more unlikely a complete stranger would have been allowed in. The porch light and the yard light were wired to the same light switch in the house I believe it is correct to say.

So far as I know, the only DNA identified was that found near the front door. There is some reason Stacy may have left unwillingly.

We also know that her father specifically excluded the Levitt home as permissible places for Stacy to visit. He said that in one of the videos. Did he know something that would cause him to forbid her going there?

One hopes that the SPD explored all these questions starting with that APCO sighting.

I just want to say that just because the blinds were cracked does not mean it was from that night. Blinds get stuck like that very easily. It could of been that night or any other time. Our pup and youngest did thatvis to ours all the time.

The fact that it was initially labeled as probably starting as a sexual assault against Sherrill implies to me that there was something that HAS NOT been released to the general public as far as evidence. Also, the tallest of the group was only 5'3'' according to reports and Sherrill was only 5'. This precludes physically fighting off a larger, stronger male especially if he was armed.

I just want to say that just because the blinds were cracked does not mean it was from that night. Blinds get stuck like that very easily. It could of been that night or any other time. Our pup and youngest did thatvis to ours all the time.

Exactly! My cats bend back my blinds on frequent occasion. Anything looking "out of the way" is suspect but really isn't proof of anything except that the blinds were cracked open. Who knows when or by whom?

I still want to know what made Stacey go to Suzie’s that night. Also the fact that Janelle was up so early and so frantic to contract the girls that morning.

I still think there is more to the parties that night and then add in Janelle’s mum just happening to wake up so conveniently to hear Suzie and Stacey leaving.

Stacey from all we know should not of gone with Suzie that night as their friendship simply wasn’t that close. So why did Stacey go with Suzie that night? I think that’s a question that needs answering.

Perhaps they were having a great time together. Perhaps they became closer in their shared adventure. Perhaps Stacey simply wanted to bed down someplace less crowded and more quiet. Perhaps she didn't care for some of the people staying where she was going to. Lots of different possibilities.

Perhaps they were having a great time together. Perhaps they became closer in their shared adventure. Perhaps Stacey simply wanted to bed down someplace less crowded and more quiet. Perhaps she didn't care for some of the people staying where she was going to. Lots of different possibilities.

What shared adventures exactly?

Stacey didn’t call her parents to tell them the change in plans. Her own family wouldn’t of allowed her to stay there either and she wasn’t close to Suzie and it was obviously not a normal occurrence to stay over.

Janelle also didn’t call the McCall’s the following day to ask them if Stacey had gone home.

Grad night party adventures - shared experience. Sometimes that's all it takes to form a new closeness.

It would be interesting to see if he can prove he actually knew Sherrill. Years of claiming to know her aren’t the same as actual proof.

If I remember correctly, Bartt had never heard of him or heard his mom speak of him.
M.K. is his wife. She was quoted three times in the paper speaking on behalf of Sherrill. She was also a stylist IIRC

I think it's safe to assume he knew her.

Remember, Bartt was in the Navy and essentially casted out from the family. He didn't really see is mother all that much in that time.

Last edited:
They still planned to go to the water park as far as we know. And Sherrill's was expected to be quiet so they could sack out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88