Found Deceased TX - Jeannie Quinn, 20, Abilene, 14 Apr 2018 *Arrest*

Ricky Don Henderson remains in the Hockley County Jail on a hold by Taylor County.

The man Abilene Police call a person of interest in the death of Jeannie Quinn is also suspected in another missing person’s case, his wife Stephanie Henderson.

KCBD has spoke with Quinn’s family several times, but now we are hearing from Henderson’s family for the first time since she vanished 25 years ago.

Sister of Levelland woman missing for 25 years speaks out on husband’s arrest

I opened my email and the first message was this one!! I am beside myself, as I’m sure a TON of people are!!! This update was posted by Jeannie’s uncle John on the change.org petition. WONDERFUL NEWS!! @DMQ1729 your hard work and perseverance is paying off in big ways! :)

Charges keep piling up!

OCT 25, 2019 —

Ricky Don Henderson was indicted on an additional drug charge. This time it's in Hockley County. Even though he has not been charged with murder yet, this new charge comes from the investigation of Jeannie's murder. Without going into details, this indictment came from something Jeannie left behind before she was murdered.

The State Parole Board needs to take action.

www.everythinglubbock.com
(BBM-new information)
LEVELLAND, Texas — Ricky Don Henderson was the subject of a sealed indictment on October 17 in Hockley County for distribution of drugs.

Henderson made local news in December 2018 as the “person of interest” in the murder of Jeannie Quinn, 20. Quinn went missing from Levelland in April 2018. Days later, her body was found hanging in a wooded area in Abilene.

Henderson has not been charged with murder but instead was booked into the Taylor County Detention Center in Abilene for a parole violation and other unrelated charges.

Henderson is also listed as a person of interest in the missing person case of his wife Stephane Meeks Henderson. She went missing from Levelland more than 20 years ago.

The new indictment is for delivery of a controlled substance to a minor – namely marijuana. The offense date was listed as July 28, 2016.

The minor was not listed by name but instead referred to as RQ in the indictment.

The indictment remained sealed until he was officially served with legal papers on Thursday.

A long overdue update in Jeannie’s case!! At least this man is finally off the streets for quite sometime!

https://www.change.org/p/greg-abbott-justice-for-the-homicide-of-jeannie-quinn

MAY 10, 2020 — On March 10th, 2020 Ricky Don Henderson finally had his Parole Revoked and he is was transferred to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (Prison). His Projected Release Date is April 22nd, 2039 and his Maximum Sentence Date is January 4th, 2063.

Although our family is pleased that Ricky Don Henderson is in Prison and he will not be able to hurt and kill anyone in the future, we are disgusted that he has not answered to Jeannie’s murder. We will never give up and we are determined to have him charged and convicted for Jeannie’s murder. We will continue to pressure whoever we need until justice is served. Two years for an open murder investigation is more than disappointing, considering there is a viable suspect. More effort can make a big difference!

We would like to thank everyone for their continued support and hope we do not have to wait 2 more years for Justice for Jeannie.

Last edited:
Back in April of 2018, the medical examiner called Jeannie Quinn's death a "staged hanging."

According to the Abilene Police Department, a few days before her death Quinn was last seen with 59-year-old Ricky Don Henderson.

Henderson told police the victim has traveled with him to Abilene and they got into a fight. According to Henderson, Quinn became angry and dropped him off a secluded road, and drove away.

Earlier this month, a Hockley County Grand Jury finally indicted Henderson for the murder of his wife.

John Quinn, the victim's uncle, told local media he will continue to fight for justice for Quinn.

"I want to hear what happened which I don't think we ever will," said Quinn.

He said he met with Henderson four times last year in jail.

"I was trying to get him to have inconsistencies in his story," said Quinn.

The Abilene Police Department continues working the case and says Henderson remains a suspect.
Teen's Murder Remains Unsolved Three Years Later

“The man who’s been named a person of interest in the case since 2018 still can’t be charged, according to the Abilene Police Department.

“The person of interest in this case, 60-year-old Ricky Don Henderson, is presently in prison on two unrelated drug cases,” the Abilene Police Department said in a statement to KCBD. “Currently, the department does not have enough evidence to file this case with the District Attorney’s Office against Henderson.”

Apr. 17, 2024
''She was just 20 years old when she was reported missing in Levelland on April 15th, 2018. Her body was found in Abilene just two days later in what authorities called a ‘staged hanging,’ 200 miles from her home.''

"Ricky Don Henderson’s next parole review is November of this year, as he still awaits trial for his wife’s disappearance.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back