Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young children are some of the most reliable credible witnesses of all.

Yes Elizabeth's little sister was 8 years old at the time. Imo she help solve that case by identifying the suspect even by name

Plus there have been two murder cases I remember where the witnesses were two years old.

Both witnessed their mothers being murdered.

One was the Worthington case when she was raped and murdered by her garbage collector. Her 2 year old was there.

The other one was Jessie Davis who was murdered by the father of her two year old son..Blake. Blake told police....daddy put mommy in the rug.

Children are very reliable witnesses for they have no reason to lie whatsoever.
I spent 20 years as a federal agent. If I personally were to have a choice of witnesses to a tragedy or crime to talk to, give me the child. Their view is simply what they have seen, normally unclouded by judgement, history, politics, and expectations. Certainly, intelligence bears into it and the developmental differences of the child. The child also needs to be of an age where they can remember and describe events, understanding the difference between the truth and a lie. But they often pick up on things that the adults miss even if, in and of itself, it might not be admissible in a legal setting. Sure the technical detail is not there and children can often mix reality with fantasy, but often the heart of what they experienced is ascertainable, containing details often lost to others.

A child's recollection is simple, not so many words, but sounds, smell, movement, direction, things others might have missed. With a parents hands hovering near, those movements we all know of protection, it will be asked if the child could give their remembrance, just as was done with any adults that were present, letting them make a statement of what they remember, to define the things already known. Sometimes their statements, made with simple words and hands, are startling in their detail; details that confirm the tangibles that are known at that time. Tangibles that can become evidence. Tangibles that often point to the POI.

The FBI would have checked her cell phone and browsing history wherever she may have gotten online (school, home?) to see if she had been communicating with anyone about meeting them, right? It would make sense that somebody might say they'd come by when she was leaving for school and that's why she went outside. But, from what the investigators have said, it doesn't sound like that's what happened -- they would have likely gotten further in narrowing down suspects by now, I think.

I believe this investigative team will find whoever did this. Hopefully soon. But they will.

They are in it for the long run.
I thought they had a man in custody. Been in custody since the 13th.

I understand that was one of the rumors posted on social media.

In the press conferences the police have asked individuals not to post rumors on social media but this does, unfortunately, continue.

I only rely on official announcements from this investigative team.

Last edited:
I thought they had a man in custody. Been in custody since the 13th.
I won't go into much detail on this since the MOD's cleaned it all up however, it was a blogger who posted all of that and not MSM. That info is off topic here since nothing can be confirmed. Police have since stated they do not have anyone in custody for this.

From what has been reported (don't know how accurate) perp forced her into the car, so she would have been outside. If the perp wanted to steal an SUV, he could have stolen an SUV without kidnapping the girl.

Exactly.

If he was wanting to only steal a vehicle he could have found one that wasnt connected to abducting a child.

Its painfully obvious his sole target was Hania who was standing OUTSIDE of the vehicle when he forced her inside of the SUV.

Once kidnapping...raping and murdering Hania he ditched the vehicle since it had served its purpose for this evil .

JMO

I keep going over what everyone is saying about how he got her in the car and the little sister who witnessed this. 1st, I take the sisters account as to what happened very serious. I wouldn't dismiss what she heard/saw at all. Sometimes kids can be a better witness then adults. I keep seeing her get into the car to start it, she is now in the driver seat ( other doors could have been locked from previous night). He approaches the car, she tries to get out and he pushes her into the passenger seat which at that time she is screaming and trying to get out ( again, the passenger door could have been locked) he takes off with her in a matter of seconds. I have no information that says this is how it happened but this is what I visualized when I read it to begin with. Could I be missing something? ALL IMO

I want to add, I don't see someone starting a car and then standing outside in the cold unless she had planned on going back inside the house.

Why would the aunt be worried about getting in trouble for letting her start the car? Because of what happened to her or because of her starting the car??

Also, I'm going to assume that this was an automatic transmission, and if so, the car could have been started from the passenger's seat. I drive a stick and sometimes get annoyed that I have to get in to push the clutch if I want to warm up my car. Although that would make it harder for her to be subdued while the person jumped in the driver's seat and took off. Just a thought.

Warning: gross

Googling some results on human decomp. smell noticeable by people, it is actually very soon after death. In NC conditions, smell apparent in probably about 12 hours and getting worse.

I wonder if Hania was held somewhere for about 10 days, then killed and dumped there.
Snipped

This is a GREAT point. The neighbors noticed the smell.

My hunch had been that Hania was killed immediately after abduction as that seems to be the usual M.O. in cases like this. However, if that were the case, wouldn't the neighbors have noticed the smell longer ago?

How far are the neighbors from the site. Perhaps it took longer for the scent to reach them. Or, if she was in a well (speculation, not fact), perhaps that covered the smell for awhile.

But, one consideration is that she was kept alive for awhile. In that abandoned building??

jmo

I do not think this was an attempt to steal a car. Stolen cars only have value if you sell them to a chop shop or take them a distance away where they can be painted and no one is looking for it. He dumped the car quickly. The target was Hania.

Serial or repeat killers can become good at what they do, they learn from experience. I don't think this is the case here. Seems like a crime of opportunity, with inexperience and without a lot of planning. The location of the body is in a place which will be discovered. The SUV was visible from the air. There is his DNA is the car, it wasn't torched.

Why Hania? I believe it was her routine of starting the car. While he may not live there, I think he was in the trailer park multiple times and noticed the pattern. From seeing may have come obsession. It is possible that he was the man in the video and didn't say at the trailer park that night; he would know that not staying at the trailer park obviously makes the crime much less traceable to him. This is not a complicated or a well thought out approach, it is just logical if you were planning on taking Hania. A completely random abduction by a "passerby" seems like a very low probability. The chances of this person being in a trailer park off the main road at 7AM(?) is small. And for someone to be walking along and within a couple of minutes at most, spontaneously decide to kidnap and murder a young girl is hard to imagine (I know it happens though).

Why Wire Grass Road? I think he was comfortable at the body site because he has been there before. It is not an ideal spot to remain confidently out sight, so I think this is the case.

Why drive back towards Lumberton and end up at Quincey drive? This really makes zero sense if you have an accomplice. You would bury the car in the woods, even farther from town where it is more wooded and remote. I think he needed to get back to Quincey drive, to get close to home, or much less likely- to drop in on an acquaintance, in the hopes of eventually getting a ride. This exposure risks being turned in by the “friend”. I think he acted alone. Going to Quincey Drive seems like a rash decision made in panic, rather than part of an elaborate plan. In my mind, the most likely scenario is that it took 90 minutes from leaving the trailer park, going to Wire Grass Road, and then dumping the SUV. Note the FBI was looking specifically for video until noon on the day of the abduction.

Why has the public not ID'd the man in the video? He came from somewhere, and if he wasn't involved, he was going somewhere. Somebody knows this man and is not coming forward. But think of life in this low income trailer park, and most surrounding areas. The residents live in close proximity and there are likely the usual conflicts between neighbors, and I'm sure some residents are mistrusting of their neighbors. Many of them probably keep to themselves, and may not know who is coming and going from the neighbor's residence. They may fear retribution if they say anything. Then there is a likely mistrust of the police as well. I doubt relevant tips from the trailer park come as freely as we think they would.

My feeling is the perp appears to be smarter than he is. I actually think that he is younger rather than over 30, impulsive, and hasn’t done this before. He has gotten lucky so far, but I think the DNA and other evidence in the car will be decisive.

Keep in mind, I am using “I think” and “it seems” a lot here, which can be loosely translated to “I have no clue”. But this is what I can put together to make the most sense.

Last edited:
"Witnesses also report the man was wearing all black. There's no indication, police say, that Hania was taken at gunpoint."
I don't understand why no one at the scene gave chase to the SUV. Accounts always mention witnesses. I believe there were adult witnesses in addition to the little sister. If I saw any child kidnapped, my instinct would be immediately to get a nearby car of a witness, a neighbor, a passerby, anybody, and follow the SUV. The family and neighbors know what the SUV looks like, and it wasn't even speeding, according to the surveilence video. It likely would have been possible to follow it. Also, so many people carrying guns, but nobody grabbed one to shoot the tires out. A woman in my quiet suburb shot out the tires of a vehicle in a Home Depot parking lot because a store employee yelled that two guys in it had just stolen a TV! Nobody able to do the same for a stolen child? I can't believe there weren't any neighbors with guns in that mobile home park. It just seems like the tragedy of this child's murder might have been prevented if one or two neighbors or relatives had been willing to act in the moment. IMO

JMO this was not the first time Hania started the car. Someone had already taught her how to start the car and to not do anything else like put it in gear or release the emergency brake. This is all normal parenting and entirely legal on private property. I agree with other posters that the family may incorrectly believe they did something illegal by letting her start the car, which they did not, or maybe they feel guilty. The priest, while trying to help, knows nothing, he wasn't there in the mornings to observe the routine. It is actually an important point to be able to find this heinous murderer - planned based on repeated observation of this morning routine, or sheer impulse in the moment?

I think walking guy on video was communicating with his partner. I think Hania regularly went out alone to start the car. I think it was a plan to abduct Hania because they saw her before starting the car.

While the whole crime seems impulsive, and Hania likely raped, murdered and dumped not long after the abduction, there are problems in that theory: after dumping the body, then the car, what did he do, walk miles to somewhere? No bus service, far out in a rural area. And the body recovery site area had been searched before. If Hania had been there since Nov 5, why did the people in near houses not smell decomposition until about Nov 15?

Maybe they will release the autopsy report, or at least announce how long the ME thinks she has been deceased. That is also important in the search for the killer(s).

Last edited:
I can't wrap my head around something....

So if a perp kidnapped a girl and stole the SUV, regardless of whether it was planned or a crime of opportunity, he HAD to know that the world would be looking for that girl and the SUV almost immediately...

So as he leaves the trailer park with her, basically the next two things we KNOW are that the car is found in one direction miles away, and the girl is found in another direction miles away. So if we follow the line of thinking that he first needed to ditch that car as it was most likely to get him caught, then he still had the problem of the girl with him and what to do with her. He certainly wouldn't immediately ditch the car and then walk with her somewhere. He'd be unlikely to have an accomplice in most of these cases.

So that leaves us with, okay, let's say he went directly to Wire Grass road and did what he did and left the girl there. Now he's AT LEAST 30 minutes or an hour at a minimum from the time of abduction. Do we really think he or any other stupid criminal would drive that car back in the other direction 5 or 10 miles away to dispose of it? I can't imagine that the place, an hour after the abduction wasn't completely crawling with LE officers from all walks of life.

So I just can't figure it out. Which did he dump first. The car or the girl. Neither of them make any sense to me without an accomplice. Perhaps my mind just won't allow me to believe that he had an accomplice as what are the chances of two evil people in this world finding each other and having the same goal. I know it happens, but what are the percentages of it being a single, lone perp versus two or more? Pretty slim I'd guess.

So I'm back to not being able to wrap my head around which he dumped first or how....

So that leaves us with, okay, let's say he went directly to Wire Grass road and did what he did and left the girl there. Now he's AT LEAST 30 minutes or an hour at a minimum from the time of abduction. Do we really think he or any other stupid criminal would drive that car back in the other direction 5 or 10 miles away to dispose of it? ....

Snipped.

That's exactly what I think he did. Might seem like a stupid move....but it worked.

Seems like a local, and it's my hunch that this local is not in town right now. (Speculation only.)

jmo

So if a perp kidnapped a girl and stole the SUV, regardless of whether it was planned or a crime of opportunity, he HAD to know that the world would be looking for that girl and the SUV almost immediately...

So as he leaves the trailer park with her, basically the next two things we KNOW are that the car is found in one direction miles away, and the girl is found in another direction miles away. So if we follow the line of thinking that he first needed to ditch that car as it was most likely to get him caught, then he still had the problem of the girl with him and what to do with her. He certainly wouldn't immediately ditch the car and then walk with her somewhere. He'd be unlikely to have an accomplice in most of these cases.

So that leaves us with, okay, let's say he went directly to Wire Grass road and did what he did and left the girl there. Now he's AT LEAST 30 minutes or an hour at a minimum from the time of abduction. Do we really think he or any other stupid criminal would drive that car back in the other direction 5 or 10 miles away to dispose of it? I can't imagine that the place, an hour after the abduction wasn't completely crawling with LE officers from all walks of life.

So I just can't figure it out. Which did he dump first. The car or the girl. Neither of them make any sense to me without an accomplice. Perhaps my mind just won't allow me to believe that he had an accomplice as what are the chances of two evil people in this world finding each other and having the same goal. I know it happens, but what are the percentages of it being a single, lone perp versus two or more? Pretty slim I'd guess.

So I'm back to not being able to wrap my head around which he dumped first or how....
Your post explains so well why he or they likely dumped the stolen car immediately.

What I remember is the search dog dragging his handler from the abandonment location of the stolen car to that next clearing area along the woodline. I think he or they had their vehicle waiting there. Once Hania was transferred to another vehicle, they just disappeared with her. I think the stolen car was abandoned immediately after the abduction, and Hania taken somewhere else. A child is easy to conceal, the stolen car not so much.

I like what you are saying. Here's how I was seeing this: He takes her/car at 6:54am, by the time the police are called, amber alert is put out etc, he would have been at the Wire Grass road area, out of sight, did what he did to Hania and hid the car. The car wasn't found until 11/8 at 8am. I think he disposed of the car on 11/7 ( overnight) when there were not many people out and about to see it, and then could have walked to work or got a ride or whatever. Car is dumped, Hania is hidden. He feels he's in the clear. If there was an accomplice I don't think that person was a willing one. That person could have innocently given him a ride home or where ever without thinking he had anything to do with her abduction. All IMO and just as confused as the rest.

Your post explains so well why he or they likely dumped the stolen car immediately.

What I remember is the search dog dragging his handler from the abandonment location of the stolen car to that next clearing area along the woodline. I think he or they had their vehicle waiting there. Once Hania was transferred to another vehicle, they just disappeared with her. I think the stolen car was abandoned immediately after the abduction, and Hania taken somewhere else. A child is easy to conceal, the stolen car not so much.

Except that makes it completely planned. But how could a perp plan out this kidnapping/carjacking? He would have had to KNOW for certain that she would be out starting that car at that exact moment without an adult around. Seems too far fetched to me. I still think it had to be random(which also seems unlikely as who in the world would just happen to walk up on her starting a car that morning), or it had to be someone that knew or watched her from the neighbors. That scenario seems to be the only way this works, but then you have to assume a neighbor was in on it in order to have a second car waiting as a getaway after dumping the SUV.

It just seems that none of those scenarios would work. Or did the perp just get LUCKY enough to not be spotted an hour or more after the abduction as he goes to dump the car?

Ugh...I keep going round and round and none of it makes sense!

One way that it WOULD work, to avoid anyone seeing the car, is if he drove directly to Wire Grass where the body was found. Perhaps used that trailer in the video as his stash house to do whatever he did, and then late at night took the car to the car dump location. Either that night or another night. That is the only scenario that I could see noone noticing that car going from the site of the body discovery to the site of the SUV discovery.

Could that SUV have been parked around back not visible to the street while he held Hania there? That might work for the time-frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee