Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what would be the reason for little sister to claim man forced her into SUV? Furthermore, just because witness is a child, doesn't mean you have to just disregard completely what they say/saw. In Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, the only witness was a little sister, and she eventually was they key to solving the case. I don't believe SUV was the goal. I think the kidnapping of the child was the goal.
bbm
That's exactly what I have been thinking -- he dumped the car soon enuff. He met someone or had a car in or near that car-dump site. He had to know to get rid of the car anyway. He wanted Hania, and he got rid of what he didn't want. Why would he take the risk of kidnapping, etc., if he wanted the car? Just peel out of there as fast as possible -- I don't think she was in the car when he got there to take it.
I do wonder how long she had been alive with him. One day, two weeks? We should get some info on that -- later, rather than sooner, IMO.

This is my theory. I keep thinking this is a lot simpler than we all keep thinking. I think this guy had seen Hania many times. He probably had fantasies about kid napping her long before he actually did the deed. He either lives at the trailer park or has friends there. He saw the opportunity that morning and acted. If he doesn't live there then I still feel he lives near Quincey Rd or. Wire Grass Rd. He may have taken her to his house and killed her there. Whatever evidence Quantico found from the SUV will tell a lot. Also the way I took what was said in the presser yesterday about where her body was found...I felt like when they said she was found in a body of water and it wasn't easily visible...I took that to mean she may have been weighted down in the water. That's just the first thought that came to mind. Also that would delay any smell until the body floated back up. (Sorry so graphic). I think this monster did all of these acts in his comfort zone. Just my two cents and opinion and I'm probably totally wrong but I think the simplest explanation keeps coming to my mind. Stealing the SUV was just an added bonus. He may have planned originally to take her into an abandoned trailer at Rosewood or his own trailer at Rosewood. JMOO

Or did the perp just get LUCKY enough to not be spotted an hour or more after the abduction as he goes to dump the car?
Snipped. That's exactly what I think - he was lucky no one spotted him.

I think it all happened fast. He took Hania, brought her to the dump site (sorry to be blunt) and then hid the car. Even though 911 was called, that doesn't mean everyone is instantly spotting the car driving around miles away. Nobody knew where the car was - which gave him a window of time to drive without being caught.

I think it was indeed a crime of opportunity, but the perp is local so knew where to take her and leave her and knew a place to ditch the car. And then he went on with his morning.

jmopinion only

I keep going over what everyone is saying about how he got her in the car and the little sister who witnessed this. 1st, I take the sisters account as to what happened very serious. I wouldn't dismiss what she heard/saw at all. Sometimes kids can be a better witness then adults. I keep seeing her get into the car to start it, she is now in the driver seat ( other doors could have been locked from previous night). He approaches the car, she tries to get out and he pushes her into the passenger seat which at that time she is screaming and trying to get out ( again, the passenger door could have been locked) he takes off with her in a matter of seconds. I have no information that says this is how it happened but this is what I visualized when I read it to begin with. Could I be missing something? ALL IMO

I want to add, I don't see someone starting a car and then standing outside in the cold unless she had planned on going back inside the house.
It wasn't cold.

Since she was starting the vehicle, it seems more likely to me that she was on the driver's side.

MOO

I believe this investigative team will find whoever did this. Hopefully soon. But they will.

They are in it for the long run.
I'm not so sure it will be solved any time soon. If the 8 year old knew him or had seen him around the trailer park a number of times, the LE should know that by now. Also hoping that the kidnapper is familiar to others in the park -- but will they talk? Let's hope they have good info about that.

Crossing my fingers that his/their fingerprints will be all over that car. There may be other evidence -- DNA -- if the weather didn't wash it away and if decomp of the body is not too advanced.
I don't think we'll get many more pressers -- or at least pressers with details of their investigation. I so hope LE has a lot of real evidence, and that LE is hot on someone's trial.

Justice for little Hania, for those who love her, and for the People of the State of North Carolina.
Still SMH in anger and sadness.

This is my theory. I keep thinking this is a lot simpler than we all keep thinking. I think this guy had seen Hania many times. He probably had fantasies about kid napping her long before he actually did the deed. He either lives at the trailer park or has friends there. He saw the opportunity that morning and acted. If he doesn't live there then I still feel he lives near Quincey Rd or. Wire Grass Rd. He may have taken her to his house and killed her there. Whatever evidence Quantico found from the SUV will tell a lot. Also the way I took what was said in the presser yesterday about where her body was found...I felt like when they said she was found in a body of water and it wasn't easily visible...I took that to mean she may have been weighted down in the water. That's just the first thought that came to mind. Also that would delay any smell until the body floated back up. (Sorry so graphic). I think this monster did all of these acts in his comfort zone. Just my two cents and opinion and I'm probably totally wrong but I think the simplest explanation keeps coming to my mind. Stealing the SUV was just an added bonus. He may have planned originally to take her into an abandoned trailer at Rosewood or his own trailer at Rosewood. JMOO
Gotta love the synergy of WS. I never considered he might have weighted the body in the water, but it was your first thought. Interesting, ala Green River, hunter or old Native American way of weighting a deer down in water?

I also wondered if local posters have any input on septic systems in the area. Given the soggy landscape, are the rural tanks above ground? Do they use cesspools? Whatever septic system, are they easily accessible? If that house nearby was abandoned, I hope he didn't put her in one of those, but that would also cover the smell somewhat.

The trailer's address is 4302 wire grass rd. Hania was found immediately north of that trailer. Google thinks that immediately north of the trailer is 4017 wire grass rd.
As an aside, Google usually assigns numbers to points on the map whether there is a building or not so I take it as a placeholder rather than a specific residence unless I actually have an address and purposely enter it.

IOW, it doesn't necessarily have to connect to someone related to the case and as you point out the number isn't always correct anyway. For me that's a reminder not to read too much into what Google says and think of it only as a general location. Unless msm reports a particular address that is.

Forgive me if this is a duplicate on this thread #. Below is a re-post that shows the Location and timeline. It takes approximately 20 minutes to drive from Elizabethtown Road where Hania was abducted to Wire Grass Rd where Hania was found. It takes 6 to 8 minutes to drive from Wire Grass Rd back to where the SUV was found on Quincey Dr.

map-DMID1-5gy5b60q6-640x360.jpg

Premeditation doesn't make sense to me because the perp would have no way of knowing that Hania would be there with a car that he could steal. So it is a crime of opportunity. He drives her 20 minutes to Wire Grass Rd and kills her and dumps her body. He then drives the SUV a few miles away and dumps it. Maybe he lives within walking distance from that point but you'd think they would have caught him by now if that were the case. Or perhaps someone picked him up.

And what would be the reason for little sister to claim man forced her into SUV? Furthermore, just because witness is a child, doesn't mean you have to just disregard completely what they say/saw. In Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, the only witness was a little sister, and she eventually was they key to solving the case. I don't believe SUV was the goal. I think the kidnapping of the child was the goal.

I think that the little sister might have been told what to say. I think that the aunt was afraid of getting into trouble with allowing Hania to start the SUV.

Another reason that I believe she was told to say that Hania was not inside the SUV, when she is talking to the reporter she uses hand signs to show about the person with the yellow bandana but then no excitable hand signs used while talking about her sister being pushed inside the SUV!?

Young children are some of the most reliable credible witnesses of all.

Yes Elizabeth's little sister was 8 years old at the time. Imo she help solve that case by identifying the suspect even by name

Plus there have been two murder cases I remember where the witnesses were two years old.

Both witnessed their mothers being murdered.

One was the Worthington case when she was raped and murdered by her garbage collector. Her 2 year old was there.

The other one was Jessie Davis who was murdered by the father of her two year old son..Blake. Blake told police....daddy put mommy in the rug.

Children are very reliable witnesses for they have no reason to lie whatsoever.

I spent 20 years as a federal agent. If I personally were to have a choice of witnesses to a tragedy or crime to talk to, give me the child. Their view is simply what they have seen, normally unclouded by judgement, history, politics, and expectations. Certainly, intelligence bears into it and the developmental differences of the child. The child also needs to be of an age where they can remember and describe events, understanding the difference between the truth and a lie. But they often pick up on things that the adults miss even if, in and of itself, it might not be admissible in a legal setting. Sure the technical detail is not there and children can often mix reality with fantasy, but often the heart of what they experienced is ascertainable, containing details often lost to others.

A child's recollection is simple, not so many words, but sounds, smell, movement, direction, things others might have missed. With a parents hands hovering near, those movements we all know of protection, it will be asked if the child could give their remembrance, just as was done with any adults that were present, letting them make a statement of what they remember, to define the things already known. Sometimes their statements, made with simple words and hands, are startling in their detail; details that confirm the tangibles that are known at that time. Tangibles that can become evidence. Tangibles that often point to the POI.
Linked Post from Thread #1 includes statement attributed to Hania's 8 year old sister, and sisters video by Fox8.
NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

Family hears screams as 13-year-old girl is abducted outside her North Carolina home

I just have a hard time believing this was well thought out or premeditated in any way. Given the time of morning in a mobile home park where homes are tightly packed in there was such a high risk of being stopped. In Hania's aunts home alone there were multiple adults that morning that could have stopped him if he had been even a few minutes later. There is no way this perpetrator could count on no neighbors being outside or teens walking to the bus stop to intervene if he had been planning to take her. If this was a well thought out stalking kind of scenerio I am sure there were far better opportunities to snatch her when the risks could be better planned for.

My gut tells me given the circumstances of how it went down that morning is that this guy (probably high on something) just happened upon this poor young girl outside alone with the keys to the car and he pounced on the opportunity. This would mean he mostly likely lives in the area or was partying/staying in the area the night before.

Some people take risks. Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper went into her home at night, that's pretty risky.
This guy seemed to have been prepared, wearing all black, covering his face, so nobody has a good description of what he looks like.

agreed. he lives close. may have known Hania. it reminds me of Alicia Ross in Canada. He lived next door and knew her for a long time.

I have not been on much - can someone link the video with the trailer where the body was found and also where the SUV was found?
TIA

Because this seems like a planned crime, but the happenstance appears random, I think there could be something to the issue of Hania starting the car despite the aunt saying no. Whatever reason that could have compelled her to start the car anyway was likely very minor and innocent in her perception, but he may have set her up. I think he knows the area and knows of her. Maybe he offered to bring her something like earbuds or something. Maybe she lost something small and he offered to replace it, or claimed to have found it and promised to return it (like earrings or a book or something). Who knows. But I think it's possible she expected to have a visitor briefly drop by (an acquaintance or neighbor) but never expected what happened. I think she may have been set up.

Not so much O/T but the whole Hania going to start the car and the Aunt saying no, from when I 1st read that I kind of felt it was a change of story so nobody would be in trouble for allowing a minor to start the car. I know this seems stupid now but I do recall on thread #1 when I read that it kind of felt like it was something they were hiding out of fear, it also seemed to be dropped quickly as well. JMO, not that it matters.

I can't shake the feeling that this was an unplanned, spur of the moment thing. I think this guy is a bit of a drifter and maybe a couch surfer but I do think he's familiar with the area. I think if he lived close or had friends or relations living in the park, someone would have put a name to him by now, so I don't think he lived there. But, he knows the area. He's familiar. Somehow he has ties to the area. Actually familiarity with both areas, the kidnapping site and the dump site. I am convinced he knew the area.

Why was he there? Where was he going?

He might have been on the search to find someone to kidnap/rape and came upon Hania. So in essence it may have been thought out but not destined to be Hania. He just happened upon her and it was perfect for him. She's young, pretty and alone and there's a vehicle ready to grab and disappear in. Everything he needed was there for the taking. Sigh....

We've been told Hania was screaming and putting up a fight but it didn't frighten this guy off. He took her anyway. It didn't phase him. Does he have experience? Has he done this before? He almost has a familiarity with the crime and how to do it. He didn't panic - or did he?

I'd like to know where the closest homeless shelter is located. To be wandering around at that time of the morning makes me think he might have just been turned out on the street. He sees the the girl. He sees the car, and boom, he reacts and seizes the opportunity.

I'm I'm sure we will find out, eventually, that this guy has a criminal record and he could very well be just recently released from jail. In fact, I'd place money on it.

I also think that Hania died the day he took her. I don't think he had anywhere to stash her. I'd like to know more about that trailer which was close to where Hania was found.

I'm sure the motive was sexual. It would have happened quickly and he killed once done. I'm not sure it happened in the vehicle. I think it happened at another spot, closer to where she was found. He dumped her and then drove back and dumped the car.

I think he walked away. The guy's a walker. Once he was far enough away, he called for someone to pick him up.

I also think he's moved on.

I'd be looking for a recently released criminal with a penchant for SA. This person has ties to the area, either he's lived there in the past or has friends or families local. He's either lying low or he's moved on. If he's moved on, then anyone who knows him should be questioning when he left and his behaviour.

I have confidence LE will get this guy.

The above is all MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members