Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt that her fate was sealed as soon as the suspect saw her but what reason would the suspect have to be in the park all night? I mean what if he waited there all night and Thelma didn't show up there on her walk? He could have been waiting a while for his victim.

It's not unusual for some people to drink in a park throughout the night. Crime of opportunity is a crime that happens because an opportunity presents itself. Thelma was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and she met the suspect. She was attacked, she lost her glasses and cell phone in the struggle, and she was taken out of the city. If she had not been there alone and vulnerable, maybe it would have been a different victim, and maybe there would have been no victim.

This terrible incident happened on Kimberley & Henderson less than two years before Thelma was abducted. I wonder if the guys were ever caught, and if there is any connection to what happened to Thelma, although this victim said the motive was robbery: Woman beaten with hammer | Watch News Videos Online
Interesting, because apparently the woman's 3 attackers were known to her and she in fact named them, but yet there don't seem to have ever been any arrests. Must be more to the story?
No arrests in ‘heinous’ attack on woman

It's not unusual for some people to drink in a park throughout the night. Crime of opportunity is a crime that happens because an opportunity presents itself. Thelma was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and she met the suspect. She was attacked, she lost her glasses and cell phone in the struggle, and she was taken out of the city. If she had not been there alone and vulnerable, maybe it would have been a different victim, and maybe there would have been no victim.

I agree and there’s not always a clear motive especially in non domestic violent attacks and homicides.

Alcohol and/or meth use can result in paranoia, aggression and violence directed to an innocent person who’s at the wrong place at the wrong time.
https://www.elementsbehavioralhealt...en-methamphetamine-use-paranoia-and-violence/

I agree and there’s not always a clear motive especially in non domestic violent attacks and homicides.

Alcohol and/or meth use can result in paranoia, aggression and violence directed to an innocent person who’s at the wrong place at the wrong time.
https://www.elementsbehavioralhealt...en-methamphetamine-use-paranoia-and-violence/

I don't think there is any motive beyond distorted thinking in the damaged minds of ugly people who choose to harm others. Although it is not popular to raise this issue, it would not be the first time that the indigenous community chose to protect a suspect (Family pleads for help after 'vicious beating' turned fatal in Ranchlands | CBC News). I have to wonder if that is why this suspect is still unidentified.

How is it possible that no one knows the name of this obese, funny looking man with distinct features? His mother, family and community should have some idea about who he is and where he is. Are they also deceased and rotting in a rural field?

thelma-krull-suspect.jpg

"The suspect is described as being in his 40s, about 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 and weighing 270 pounds. He had a large stomach and a chubby face, police said."

Thelma Krull investigation: Police release sketches of suspect | CBC News

Police pay Steinbach man visit after reports he looks like Krull suspect; he isn’t

Police pay Steinbach man visit after reports he looks like Krull suspect; he isn't

“They said they had 400 to 700 reports saying it was me that did this,” said Klassen in a telephone interview. “I was floored by what the officers presented to me.”

He said the officers showed him the police sketch of a suspect and said that people had been reporting him to police in Steinbach.

“The officer said, ‘Clearly it’s not you, but we had many reports saying it was you,’ ” said Klassen, who took to Facebook in an effort to clear things up.

BBM

Glad to see they're following up, as they should. Still think they need to look closer to home. jmo.

Not sure if this was posted:

Investigators are treating her death as a homicide and believe her killer may have a connection to the neighbourhood.

Fresh flowers have been placed at a weathered but colourful memorial marking the location where it's believed Krull came into contact with her killer.

People who live in the area who spoke to CTV News hope the discovery of Krull's remains brings some sense of closure to her family and friends, but they say unanswered questions in the case have left them on edge.

"Everything's coming back now,” said area resident Martha Winter. “You start thinking about it, you're looking around, behind you, in front of you."

'Everything's coming back': discovery of missing woman's remains leaves neighbours concerned

Last edited:
A funeral/memorial service was held for TK on January 19, 2019.

This is her obit. There are a bunch of condolences at the link below:

THELMA E. KRULL It is with heavy hearts that we announce the all-to-soon passing of Thelma Krull, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister and friend. Thelma Ellen Therriault, born March 9, 1958 in Chapleau, Ontario to Henry and Thelma Therriault as their youngest of five children. Thelma lived in Ontario and Saskatchewan and ultimately resided in Winnipeg, MB in 1985. Thelma married Robert Andrew Krull on June 28, 1986. Thelma loved her family dearly and was very close with her two children, Lisa Ellen Besser and Robert Jonathan Krull, and grandson Cole Michael Besser. Thelma was a hard worker and avid learner, depicted by such endeavours as owner of Mr. Sub restaurant for over 10 years, a Scouts Canada Leader for over 10 years, a graduate of Robertson College in 2011 at the age of 53, and an Administrative Assistant and so much more at not-for-profit organization S.P.I.K.E. With all that Thelma took on, she gave more than 100% at every turn. Thelma touched and affected many lives, always with a positive attitude and outlook on life. She will be dearly missed and held in our hearts forever. A Celebration of Life and final prayers for Thelma will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 19, 2019 at the North Kildonan Mennonite Brethren Church, 1315 Gateway Rd., Winnipeg, MB. In respect to the family in this time of sorrow, we greatly ask for no photography, no videotaping and no media of any kind (social or news). In lieu of flowers or gifts, anyone who so wishes can instead donate towards Scouts Canada, S.P.I.K.E., Candace House, or that of your choice. For online condolences or to light a memorial candle please log on to www.mosaicfunerals.ca

As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on Jan 05, 2019

KRULL THELMA - Winnipeg Free Press Passages

also the funeral home website: Thelma Ellen Krull - Thursday, September 7th, 2017

Please continue discussion of Thelma's case at Thread #2.

This thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members