GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

This link has a pretty good explanation. It has to do with anatomy: rape is forced vaginal intercourse, and sodomy is considered deviant acts of forced oral or anal pentration. The terminology in some states can seem antiquated, but in no way lessens the crime. The only difference in MO penalty with use of a weapon is 15yrs-life for rape, 10yrs-life for sodomy. All of which is just extra since he shot Mrs Schmidt in the head and is facing a possible death penalty.

Missouri Rape and Sexual Assault Laws - FindLaw
(being dramatic for effect) The people who have the responsibility for changing the law should have all three forced upon them, and see if any are less of a crime than the other.
This needs to change.

there is one photo with TB's wife still up on her nearly empty FB page... and i have just realized that she resembles Jamie Schmidt. ugh, i really wish i hadnt seen the resemblance. poor woman - she too is one of TB's victims, in an entirely different way.
I noticed the resemblance as well and had same reaction. :(

jmo

huh. digging around for his church history - found this 2003 *Pro Life* editorial letter by *Pastor Tom Bruce*
Can't change facts by changing what you call it

it reads in part: "...Choosing to terminate this life is equal to terminating any innocent life. We need to quit trying to change our lives by simply changing our words. It is our actions that mold and shape us as a society. Our actions need to be moving toward love and justice..."

:mad:

TY- i appreciate you posting this tho disappointed its a dead end for us to look at. but perhaps LE has a way to check his profile if they opt to follow up on POF. if you dont mind, i'd like to copy & paste your reply to the Delphi thread as there was also some discussion about this there
Sorry to respond so late, but I have been sick and took a day off from the site. Yes, please post it over there too if you haven't already.

Yep. I get the "shoving crap under everyone's nose without them knowing" vibe from him. He gets off, imo, on posting regular ol' reviews on google, for example, but they actually are what he posts after doing a creepy visit to places.

jmo

This reminds me of serial killer Todd Kohlhepp’s sinister reviews of products bought on Amazon!

huh. digging around for his church history - found this 2003 *Pro Life* editorial letter by *Pastor Tom Bruce*

it reads in part: "...Choosing to terminate this life is equal to terminating any innocent life. We need to quit trying to change our lives by simply changing our words. It is our actions that mold and shape us as a society. Our actions need to be moving toward love and justice..."

I suppose he thinks some lives are more important than others. Playing God, he is.

I suppose he thinks some lives are more important than others. Playing God, he is.
agreed. add playing God to the list of things/personas he played at. also IMO this was PROJECTION, to me he seems to be talking to himself as much as to any other audience.

i've been thinking he likely went into divinity school + *planted* his own church as a way to rake in some *easy* money. from all his social media presence, lack of steady employment (=MOO excessive pursuit of leisure), and at least one neighbor's remarks, he strikes me as quite a lazy person, much talk/little productive action. CC is part of the whole *church planting movement* which has proven over the last decade or so to be a hugely convenient platform for grifters *in the name of God*

pondering the emphatic phrasing of this particular letter, i also get a picture of a person who believes he has something to prove... to himself? granted its all fairly standard Pro-Life Evangelical wording, yet under the circumstances... well as Shakespeare might say, methinks he protesteth too much. his church did not have much internet presence, did not seem to have ever really gotten off the ground, yet there is this one single open letter. very likely, i am reading too much into it - but it bothers me at several levels.

Last edited:

I'm impressed with what you are finding! :) Unfortunately again not available for me, but that's not your problem. ;)

I'm impressed with what you are finding! :) Unfortunately again not available for me, but that's not your problem. ;)
you sleuthers in other countries sometimes discover stuff we (or at least i :) cant find, too
anyway, here's the whole text of that letter:
"
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
Tuesday, February 4, 2003
To the editor:

I believe in protecting the rights of children still in the mother's womb. You cannot shrug off the responsibility by simply renaming a child to be a fetus. This is wrong and scientifically incorrect. Choosing to terminate this life is equal to terminating any innocent life. We need to quit trying to change our lives by simply changing our words. It is our actions that mold and shape us as a society. Our actions need to be moving toward love and justice.

I am also for a strong deterrent to horrific crimes. I take no joy in seeing a human being put to death for a crime. However, it is necessary for a society to have laws and rules.

It also amazes me that there are those who are for killing a child and disguising the crime by calling it a choice. Where does the choice of the unborn come into play? If a mother has the right to do what she wants with her body, why is suicide illegal?

Until we decide to turn away from a selfish and self-centered life and turn to the living God with a true and humble heart, there is no expectation but to continue to deteriorate to an even more debased level. May God have mercy on us all.

TOM BRUCE

Pastor

Calvary Chapel Semo

Cape Girardeau

In my opinion only :

But was reviewing his bk (bankruptcy) papers Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

And found it interesting (I am a mortgage credit underwriter 27 yr history in real life lol)

2014 Took out Discover $21k personal loan in 2014 (no month given) (paid off debt? used money to put down payment on the VW and house?) - would be typical or advice a loan officer would give borrowers
12/2014 Well Fargo Mortgage (little down payment due to amount still owing and value)
12/2014 Purchased a VW vehicle (2012 used vehicle)
2015 - 2016 His income approx $40K - fired or let go?? in 2015 to $20K (2016)
2016 CBNA credit card, Cabelas credit card, Amex Credit Card, Impala auto in April 2016 (some other credit cards no dates when opened)
2016 - 2017 Minimal income (some disability, other misc income)
Jan 2017 Bankrutpcy
Feb 2017 Abby and Libby murdered
2017 moved to a mobile home

Idle hands, idle mind, google reviews, active on twitter with strong political views - opinionated, a way to assert himself. My thoughts he was also on other social media accounts, long drives to fill his days (to maybe hide his loss of employment from his wife or she thinks he is "job searching", goes out to eat for something to do, strong opinions of women on his reviews and politics). Owns 3 hand guns and a rifle (maybe knives?? maybe purchased from Cabelas??, also had an amazon account)

His wife continually works (my opinion) and is stable, thinks he is "nice" (he does well at hiding stuff from her). He would never do to his wife (she is a "good girl" ) what he did to those victims. (That let's him assert his power/control which seems to be what he lacks with his unstability, like his reviews and his twitter)

(Ann Rule worked next to Ted Bundy -she has passed away but was a famous crime writer and didn't know what he did, she was allowed by Ted to interview him)

This was not his first crime. I do believe he was the BG in Abby and Libby's murders. I do believe he has committed other crimes (that perhaps started out with his foul mouth, flashing, touching strangers in appropriately and overtime got worse)

In my opinion only :

But was reviewing his bk (bankruptcy) papers Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

And found it interesting (I am a mortgage credit underwriter 27 yr history in real life lol)

2014 Took out Discover $21k personal loan in 2014 (no month given) (paid off debt? used money to put down payment on the VW and house?) - would be typical or advice a loan officer would give borrowers
12/2014 Well Fargo Mortgage (little down payment due to amount still owing and value)
12/2014 Purchased a VW vehicle (2012 used vehicle)
2015 - 2016 His income approx $40K - fired or let go?? in 2015 to $20K (2016)
2016 CBNA credit card, Cabelas credit card, Amex Credit Card, Impala auto in April 2016 (some other credit cards no dates when opened)
2016 - 2017 Minimal income (some disability, other misc income)
Jan 2017 Bankrutpcy
Feb 2017 Abby and Libby murdered
2017 moved to a mobile home

Idle hands, idle mind, google reviews, active on twitter with strong political views - opinionated, a way to assert himself. My thoughts he was also on other social media accounts, long drives to fill his days (to maybe hide his loss of employment from his wife or she thinks he is "job searching", goes out to eat for something to do, strong opinions of women on his reviews and politics). Owns 3 hand guns and a rifle (maybe knives?? maybe purchased from Cabelas??, also had an amazon account)

His wife continually works (my opinion) and is stable, thinks he is "nice" (he does well at hiding stuff from her). He would never do to his wife (she is a "good girl" ) what he did to those victims. (That let's him assert his power/control which seems to be what he lacks with his unstability, like his reviews and his twitter)

(Ann Rule worked next to Ted Bundy -she has passed away but was a famous crime writer and didn't know what he did, she was allowed by Ted to interview him)

This was not his first crime. I do believe he was the BG in Abby and Libby's murders. I do believe he has committed other crimes (that perhaps started out with his foul mouth, flashing, touching strangers in appropriately and overtime got worse)

This is great information and analysis. It does seem, and IMO, life wasn’t the way in reality the way TB wanted everyone else to see it.

I also think he expected his wife to go along with his image. She seemed so shocked and embarrassed by the event, from her statements to a neighbor that that neighbor shared with the press. (LINK: Wife of accused killer Thomas Bruce distraught and very sorry, friend says). It will be hard to understand how she didn’t know he was capable of such a crime, but she isn’t the first.

There had to be a triggering event that caused such a build up and he left the bar and he went right down the strip mall to Catholic Supply. I know there is the news story regarding the woman he was flirting with at Hotshots right before. (LINK: Catholic Supply suspect requests public defender)

Maybe he felt rebuffed, and was looking for an outlet for his anger.

There is a particular category for killers like him, but not sure which one would be the best fit, IMO, and not sure the evidence is there he is a serial killer, but it would not shock me at all if he is.

Lust serial killers - Wikipedia

Last edited:
This is great information and analysis. It does seem, and IMO, life wasn’t the way in reality the way TB wanted everyone else to see it.

I also think he expected his wife to go along with his image. She seemed so shocked and embarrassed by the event, from her statements to a neighbor that that neighbor shared with the press. (LINK: Wife of accused killer Thomas Bruce distraught and very sorry, friend says). It will be hard to understand how she didn’t know he was capable of such a crime, but she isn’t the first.

There had to be a triggering event that caused such a build up and he left the bar and he went right down the strip mall to Catholic Supply. I know there is the news story regarding the woman he was flirting with at Hotshots right before. (LINK: Catholic Supply suspect requests public defender)

Maybe he felt rebuffed, and was looking for an outlet for his anger.

There is a particular category for killers like him, but not sure which one would be the best fit, IMO, and not sure the evidence is there he is a serial killer, but it would not shock me at all if he is.

Lust serial killers - Wikipedia

I agree. To me his personal life/financial life was chaotic (a mess). But his reviews, twitter, etc and killing were what he could control.

I’m very curious what TB did that resulted in his exit from Calvary Chapel in 2007 because there had to be a reason. Pastors don’t just walk away after four years and prior to that venture, he’d invested in religious training as well.

The organization presently operates in Cape Girandeau, the same city he reportedly founded CC in 2003 but I notice any history is notably absent.
https://capebiblechapel.org/home

I’m very curious what TB did that resulted in his exit from Calvary Chapel in 2007 because there had to be a reason. Pastors don’t just walk away after four years and prior to that venture, he’d invested in religious training as well.

The organization presently operates in Cape Girandeau, the same city he reportedly founded CC in 2003 but I notice any history is notably absent.
Cape Bible Chapel | Cape Girardeau Church | HOME
Good find. I assumed the congregation folded for good....not enough members to pay the bills, is what I assumed. I didn't realize it either kept going or was later revived.

Interesting.

jmo

I agree. To me his personal life/financial life was chaotic (a mess). But his reviews, twitter, etc and killing were what he could control.

If we’d only been given TB’s name and then were asked to search his online presence, would any of us have guessed him to be capable of committing the atrocious STL crimes he’s been accused of?

I wouldn’t have.....which for me proves the old adage, that people rarely reveal their true personality online.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back