AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they could have known that any visible DNA did not belong to one of the three family members at that point but jmo.
Not visibly of course. If they had a good quality sample and processed it high priority the actual test only takes about 3.5 hours to run and a couple of hours to write the report. 1-2 day turn around including reviews and quality checks. The FBI was there on the same day. Its possible they had samples processed right away.

I thought about this too. The fact that they got in and out in seemingly record time seems to indicate someone with a analytical possibly military mindset to get in, get the job done and not let emotions get in the way. The rage involved suggests someone who may be off their meds.

The unexpected 911 call necessitated the quick action. The gunshots also to a lesser degree. But I'd guess the perp did not plan on only a couple of minutes in the house. Whatever plan there was was, most certainly changed once the 911 call was discovered. And hopefully he made a mistake and left some form of evidence in his haste.

at the point where they suggested suicide they hadnt found denise yet

One other scenario is that James could have been shot by Denise since there was no weapon near James and that Denise committed the murder/suicide. I don't for a moment think that this happened but just going on the suicide comment on the dispatch log.

If you had one question or piece of evidence you could ask the sheriff about (and he had to adhere) that you don't know about or are confused about, What would it be?
Mine would be, even though they claim it wouldn't help us, to hear the 911 call
Yes, that is a good question IMO but I also want to know what they think Jayme was wearing, was she fully dressed, did she take a backpack, was she in pajamas,????

I just can't let go of the girls who were repeatedly driving by the home immediately following the crime. I know they have been questioned but I just can buy that they had heard about this predawn on a Monday morning.

So many unanswered questions.....I think LE is definitely keeping some information from the public for the purpose of the investigation. I wish I knew the footsteps of the family on that day. Denise and Jayme attended a family party, but we don't really know who was in attendance. James had to work that day. Did he work his full shift? LE released the description of the two vehicles in question in the area on that night. Strange that nothing has come of that. With all the resources available in the beginning of the case, one would think that LE was able to go through the entire DMV records in Wisconsin and follow up on all those vehicles. IMO I do feel it is someone that a member of the family knows. On the outside they appear to be a small happy family, but we never know what goes on behind closed doors or any of the family dynamics. I read about Denise being devoted to Jayme, but I never read any reference to the father/daughter relationship. Very few family photos released. Sad case.

Respectfully there is absolutely nothing that shows this family was anything other than what has been said about them.

Imho its hurtful to the family including Denise and Jim's memory to casually assume something sinister was going in behind closed doors. That is an assumption made without any proof. It's like trying to prove a negative which cant be done.

Jim is a victim in this case just as much as Denise and Jayme.

And yes there is a news link on the threads somewhere where a close family member said Jim was Jayme's knight in shining armor. I believe he loved his only child with all of his heart and soul and Jayme loved him equally.

Imo he was brutally murdered along with Denise because of their deep protective unconditional love for Jayme.

The suspect knew as long as Jim had a breath in his body he wouldnt let anyone rip Jayme away from them and would protect her at all cost.

That's why both are dead because they both would have fought to their death to protect the daughter they loved more than their own life.

The killer and kidnapper knew it so he immediately eliminated the two he knew would stand in his way as long as they had life in their body.

Jmo

I used to think this, until the other night. We had storms in our area, they knocked out our power around 8:00pm. At 11:00pm we still had no power and someone bangs on our front door. Startled us, greatly. Hubby didn’t even think, he went to the door and hollered through the door, “Who is it?” Turns out it was the electric company, letting us know they were going to be in our backyard. In the moment, being startled, grabbing a weapon never even crossed our minds.
I would hope he looked out the window first. And the people from the power company here, have very very bright lights on their trucks. They also usually send a text notifying people they are in the area. Glad it was not anything nefarious.

OT: Victim’s impact statement says she’s tired of people calling her names because this wasn’t her fault. Didn’t say where she’s experiencing that CRAP, but would hope others would put a stop to that BS in the swiftest, harshest way legally possible. Kicked off all extra-curricular activities, fired from jobs, etc.

Back on topic... I can’t speak much for hope, but do have some words for “statistics”. They come up in every case. While I think stats are important to consider, I don’t put as much weight on them as some. Seems to me there are more “firsts” these days. The victim above was held by 3 captors. The recent mass shooting in CA had the shooter posting to SM while shooting. A few here have mentioned Jayme’s case seems video game-like. Don’t want to ramble, but these crimes do each seem to have a new, “twist”. Often bolder, more brazen, more violent, more unpredictable, MO. We know violent criminals often “research” other violent crimes while planning their own. No idea how this is relevant to Jayme’s abduction, but feel somehow, that it is. I think there will be some “firsts” in here that fall outside the “stats” box. Again, MO.

The girl in the above story-- JB-- was taken by a man she knew when he offered her a ride home. She thought she could trust him to drive her home and got into the car. He turned out to be a violent drug addict who instead of taking her home took her to a house, tied her up in a closet, and took turns sexually assaulting her with two other men. They also forced her to snort drugs to keep her compliant. JB bravely escaped as soon as she got the opportunity. JB and her mom spoke to the press immediately after she was found so many locals knew her identity from that press appearance (plus she had been a missing teen for 29 days). The awful thing is many on social media blamed JB and said she probably ran away from home (she didn't). Then after she was found the nasty comments turned into "she must have liked being with these adult men and doing drugs"-- that is what she is talking about when she says people are calling her names and blaming her for what happened to her.

I see it happening sometimes in Jayme's case where people want to say maybe she willingly ran off with someone. That suggestion alone isn't victim blaming but IMO it's a whole slippery slope down to allowing the insinuation that Jayme isn't a victim at all. Her parents were brutally murdered. What if Jayme is being held against her will like JB was? If she is found alive she will have to read what people were saying about her and she will get called names by social media trolls no matter what the situation turns out to be. Cases like JB are what keep me defensive for victims like Jayme. I have no doubt in my mind that she was taken against her will. I only hope that somehow she is still alive and will escape the moment she gets a chance just like JB did. MOO.

One other scenario is that James could have been shot by Denise since there was no weapon near James and that Denise committed the murder/suicide. I don't for a moment think that this happened but just going on the suicide comment on the dispatch log.

No. At the moment they radioed in "possible suicide" they had not found Denise yet. They had only seen James' body briefly. They changed their assessment of the situation after finding Denise. And the ME ruled both deaths homicides by gun shot. Sheriff says the killer brought his own gun to the house and took it with when they left. So this discussion about suicide is all moot now. MOO.

Now that I'm thinking about motive, I think the motive was to prevent anyone in that family who could talk (which excludes the dog), from EVER talk about what the killer wanted them to shut up about.

And I think Jayme was taken in stead of killed because the killer thought it would be a waste to kill a young innocent girl. But that's just my thoughts.

This is what I am leaning toward, but maybe someone who was intimate with Jayme (not saying consensual) got found out and has family a Dad or Brothers that don't want this person in trouble. Jayme would have to go completely missing as her body could hold DNA of theperp. This would explain why Jayme is missing, the possible two + people, and why the person may not be reported missing, and odd behavior not noticed. What looks like a crime of rage or passion is actually a crime of desperation. All JMO

No. At the moment they radioed in "possible suicide" they had not found Denise yet. They had only seen James' body briefly. They changed their assessment of the situation after finding Denise. And the ME ruled both deaths homicides by gun shot. Sheriff says the killer brought his own gun to the house and took it with when they left. So this discussion about suicide is all moot now. MOO.
Right.
Where could she be? Find Jayme.

I don't know what you mean by "no". I stated that I did not for one moment think that this scenario happened but people are still debating the possible suicide comment on the dispatch log. I for one think that it was simply an assumption that there was a suicide when the feet were seen in the doorway until it was discovered that multiple rounds were spent and no weapon was found near the victim. That said, the only other "suicide" scenario would have had to have been the other way around, ie., James shot first and then suicide, but that was cleared up as well when no weapon was found with Denise as well. Just an observation, nothing more.

That is very disturbing indeed. IMO there has to be something behind such a strong statement publicly posted. Not sure what, but something definitely worth investigating.

I agree. That was said early on as well, before the family spoke on the media and before so much was said online. Unless it was just some goofy person. I would not. Can LE find out where comments originate from on a site like that somehow??

This was brought to my attention elsewhere. If this can't be posted here, I will remove it. It is from the obituary page of the Closs'. There is a comment on there that is disturbing. MG is the initials.

Obituary for James and Denise Closs at Rausch & Steel Funeral Home

Ugh...how replusive. I have such disdain for internet trolls.

To post this crap on the obituary comment area shows how low some will go trying to ruin things just to get attentuon.

I hope someone reported them to the police. That's the problem now with online obit sites. It allows the trolls from all across the country to ruin it for everyone. How disgraceful.

From now on I will only read those who actually knows Jim...Denise and Jayme.

Most talked about how both Jim and Denise were very good people. God bless them both.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member