Rosie Bids Adieu to "The View" (maybe 4/25/07)

Thanks for the link. How disgusting. What is equally disgusting is the people who are making excuses for her, like saying that Rosie is provocative, Rosie is a comedian, Rosie was wonderful...Sick!!

Rosie was way over the top and very inappropriate. Is she on medication? If so, she needs to increase the dosage. If not, she needs to be prescribed some.

Maybe Howard K Stern has some pills he can give her! :crazy:

Rosie is who Alec should be calling a thoughtless pig.

She's disgusting.

Oh, that reminded me of something Harvey Levin from TMZ.com said last night when asked "who do you think should replace Rosie on The View?"

His response: Alec Baldwin. He was dead serious!

Oh, that reminded me of something Harvey Levin from TMZ.com said last night when asked "who do you think should replace Rosie on The View?"

OMGAWD.... I don't know which is worse. Thank God I work and don't watch that show. :D :D

I can't stand either one of them, but if they want something to talk about, he's definately controversial enough.

I can't stand either one of them, but if they want something to talk about, he's definately controversial enough.

Like you said, Levin implied that Baldwin would be as controversial as Rosie was, but he seemed to say it in a respectful way. I couldn't help but wonder if he was kissing up a little to Baldwin since TMZ is the one that released his voicemail! :waitasec:

Sorry, but it is not Tom and Charlton's fault that disturbed people used guns to kill their classmates. Wouldn't it be easy if we could come to such a simple conclusion? As Tom said, guns used to be much easier to get, heck, my grandpa took a rifle to school as did many boys "back in the day" (for hunting after school). I don't think there were many mass murders in the 30's and
40's among students. He tried to point out to Rosie that there are many other factors to consider.She wouldn't listen or respect another's point of view. Some people view the right to bear arms as the ability to protect themselves against violent nutjobs.

Eve

I didnt say it was their fault. I was referring tot he NRA pushing their agenda immedialy after the massacre, in the same area . IMO showing no compassion or respect to the parents mourning their children.
Asault rifles and automatic weapons were not made for hunting and protecing ones self and family against nutjobs.

The VT murderer was able to fire off 170 rounds in 10 minutes. Guns and magazines with that capability are not for hunting or home protection This person was able to legally buy guns with no waiting period or extensive background search. I beleive in the 2nd amendment but I think with it comes responsibility and accountability.

Like you said, Levin implied that Baldwin would be as controversial as Rosie was, but he seemed to say it in a respectful way. I couldn't help but wonder if he was kissing up a little to Baldwin since TMZ is the one that released his voicemail! :waitasec:

Or perhaps Levin was saying Alec is as big a jack *advertiser censored* as Rosie. :p

Or perhaps Levin was saying Alec is as big a jack *advertiser censored* as Rosie. :p

Must say I agree. I think Levin was trying to be ironic.

To Rosie, I say Good riddance...definitely not a fan. I used to watch her old show, thought she was "sweet and funny" like Ellen is on her show. Although I always thought the whole Tom Cruise crush thing was a little weird, especially since Rosie's gay. But once her show ended she went all bitter and hateful and I completely lost any kind of interest in her as a person or performer. We are all entitled to an opinion, but I think we are all entitled to have an opportunity to speak also, and she bullies other people and shuts them up when it is the other person's turn to speak. Being the loudest and most obnoxious does not make you the smartest person in the room. (That goes for you too, Donald.)

According to the GVS show last night, another phrase Rosie used in front of an audience with young girls in it was "He can eat me!", referring to Donald Trump.

This woman has a self-admitted history of mental illness. Is she off her meds at this time? Who knows?

But in addition to mental illness, IMO she suffers from rudeness, boorishness, and downright stupidity. Or ... maybe it is all mental illness and she's really a sweet, intelligent thing under all of her vile behaviors.

In any case - ABC and Barbara Walthers (who continues to maintain the lie that she has nothing at all to do with the hiring and firing decisions on a show which she OWNS) made a wise decision to divest themselves of this problem.

The View has a good format and a good time slot. There is no reason why it can't continue to be a viable show. If even half the viewers who were driven away from the program by an inability to tolerate Rosie and her rants begin to watch again, it will do fine.

Thank God SOMEBODY (and I'd bet money it was Ms. Walters) said "Enough is enough!

The timing of the resignation, coming a day or two after the luncheon crudeness, is pretty suspicious. I think Babwa probably was so mad that this woman she has tried to give support to, over and over again, had royally embarrassed her in front of her journalism peers and the possible future president. I'm sure Rosie was on "double secret probation" at the view anyway, and this was the last straw.

I didnt say it was their fault. I was referring tot he NRA pushing their agenda immedialy after the massacre, in the same area . IMO showing no compassion or respect to the parents mourning their children.
Asault rifles and automatic weapons were not made for hunting and protecing ones self and family against nutjobs.

The VT murderer was able to fire off 170 rounds in 10 minutes. Guns and magazines with that capability are not for hunting or home protection This person was able to legally buy guns with no waiting period or extensive background search. I beleive in the 2nd amendment but I think with it comes responsibility and accountability.

I don't believe in this either Tybee, but I was talking about how Rosie treated Tom Selleck about his views on the NRA and the 2d Amendment. I found no reason to be angry with Tom or Heston, for that matter, about the events at Littleton.

Eve

The timing of the resignation, coming a day or two after the luncheon crudeness, is pretty suspicious. I think Babwa probably was so mad that this woman she has tried to give support to, over and over again, had royally embarrassed her in front of her journalism peers and the possible future president. I'm sure Rosie was on "double secrtet probation" at the view anyway, and this was the last straw.

bahahahahahahahaha! That made me laugh out loud! :D

I agree with your post. I think Baba had her fill and said enough of this. While I'm definitley not a prude, Rosie's behavior at the luncheon was completely out of line. That type of stuff is best served at a stand-up comedy show.

According to the GVS show last night, another phrase Rosie used in front of an audience with young girls in it was "He can eat me!", referring to Donald Trump.
This woman has a self-admitted history of mental illness. Is she off her meds at this time? Who knows?

But in addition to mental illness, IMO she suffers from rudeness, boorishness, and downright stupidity. Or ... maybe it is all mental illness and she's really a sweet, intelligent thing under all of her vile behaviors.

In any case - ABC and Barbara Walthers (who continues to maintain the lie that she has nothing at all to do with the hiring and firing decisions on a show which she OWNS) made a wise decision to divest themselves of this problem.

The View has a good format and a good time slot. There is no reason why it can't continue to be a viable show. If even half the viewers who were driven away from the program by an inability to tolerate Rosie and her rants begin to watch again, it will do fine.

Thank God SOMEBODY (and I'd bet money it was Ms. Walters) said "Enough is enough!

She also grabbed her crotch while she said it. Niiiice.

Eve

Can you imagine, you sit down for a nice lunch and next thing you know.......:sick:

Something tells me that The Donald won't be taking Rosie up on the offer.:croc:

OMG!!!!!! And here I didn't think I could laugh about this mess!!!!! I just spewed water all over my desk!

No, I don't believe The Donald will be taking her up on her offer. EWWWWWWW!!!!!! :silenced:

Can you imagine, you sit down for a nice lunch and next thing you know.......:sick:

Something tells me that The Donald won't be taking Rosie up on the offer.:croc:

Between you and The Shadow's "double secret probation" comment:

My friend who gives me pretty accurate inside scoop said the top 3 contenders for Rosie's spot are:

Whoopi
Roseanne
Sharon Osborne

If that's the case it certainly doesn't appear that the View is worried about having controversial hosts with strong opinions.

My friend who gives me pretty accurate inside scoop said the top 3 contenders for Rosie's spot are:

Whoopi
Roseanne
Sharon Osborne

If that's the case it certainly doesn't appear that the View is worried about having controversial hosts with strong opinions.

Roseanne and Sharon would be the same as Rosie IMO.
I like Whoopi, she cracks me up.

Whoopi
Roseanne
Sharon Osborne

Oh, for the love of pete, anyone but Roseanne. I think BW likes Sharon and from what I remember of Sharon's talk show a few years ago, she was always nice and funny, but not vulgar like on their reality show. But I didn't watch it faithfully so I could be wrong.

:twocents:

I love Whoopi and think she would be great IMO. She's funny and is a strong woman and can make her point without being crude or overbearing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back