Found Deceased TN - Shaun Hamblen, 23, Memphis, 29 Nov 2018 *endangered* *Arrest*

If law enforcement is stating that they think he has been abducted and is in danger, I'm guessing the footage they saw is more telling that we know. I was wondering why they only released stills of the car, and no stills of him getting into the car. Maybe it's too disturbing to release? :(

Do you think maybe he was buying something off Craigslist or online and got into car with someone to purchase the item? Had cash in had. I just can’t belive drugs would be involved in this. So I am going to go with buying Christmas presents theory.

As far as releasing more of the video, in my opinion, it may be more of advantage for cops to not release it in it’s entirety so the suspect doesn’t think they are on to them.

SHAUN HAMBLEN: Friends fear Memphis man last seen leaving LA Fitness was abducted and no longer alive

[...]

[CL] told FOX13 he and friends found Hamblen’s car at the Oak Court Mall parking lot on Friday. His phone was still in the cup holder.

“The number he last called is a fake number, then it’s cut off the next day,” [CL] said.

[CL] said mall security found surveillance video of Hamblen getting into a car that he didn’t recognize around 5 p.m. that day – a few hours after the LA Fitness sighting.

[...]

(*video at link)

I’m confused for sure, but all but one(?) of the articles says he left the gym around 5. Correct?

My biggest question is, why would anyone kidnap a grown man?

This is a great question! It doesn't seem like a random crime of opportunity. Who just rolls up and forces a big guy like that into a car? I can see that happening to a woman (sadly, it happens a lot) - but a guy? This is the real kicker to me.

Did he go to the gym and then head over to the mall afterward to do some Christmas shopping? The camera video must show where he came from and exactly what happened. Did he get into his car, put his phone down and then someone from the Focus called him over? He got out, not thinking to take his phone? The whole thing is scary and mysterious.

I know Shaun, but I haven't talked to him in a few months. <modsnip - alluding>. He is a great guy and pretty much knows everybody in Memphis meaning he knows some really great people, but also some very sketchy characters.<modsnip - rumor>. He's never screwed anyone over that I know of and I've known him for years.
Shaun is super capable and works out almost every day. I dont think someone overpowered him or anything like that. It sounds like he may have been meeting someone he knows there. He is known for being pretty financially successful so I have a feeling someone set him up. <modsnip - rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - rumor>

Oh and btw the gym and mall are super close to each other. If he was planning on doing some shopping and also working out he probably would have walked. If you cut through parking lots its maybe a 7 min walk.

Young, newly wed and missing under scary mysterious circumstances, I hope he is found safe soon.

<modsnip - rumor> So sad, hoping and praying for Shawn. Has anyone called regional hospitals to see if there are any unidentified patients?

<modsnip - sleuthing family> I looked around online to see if any unidentified people have been found in the tristate area. We are really close to Mississippi and Arkansas. No luck there.

Definitely don’t like the sound of this. The likelihood of him disappearing on his own accord is not strong IMO. I’m leaning more toward set-up or some kind of transaction gone bad. Either way I think he was familiar with whoever’s car he got into.

I know Shaun, but I haven't talked to him in a few months. <modsnip - alluding>. He is a great guy and pretty much knows everybody in Memphis meaning he knows some really great people, but also some very sketchy characters.<modsnip - rumor>. He's never screwed anyone over that I know of and I've known him for years.
Shaun is super capable and works out almost every day. I dont think someone overpowered him or anything like that. It sounds like he may have been meeting someone he knows there. He is known for being pretty financially successful so I have a feeling someone set him up. <modsnip - rumor>
Hi LucidOlive,

I am so sorry you are going through this awful nightmare.
When someone comes to Websleuths and claims they know one of the victims involved and then start posting information that is not available to the mainstream media we ask they stop and become verified.

Before you post anything else we have to verify you are who you say you are. Please read this post and follow the direction.

Thank you,
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member