FL - Rare blood type needed to save 2yr old girls life, Dec 2018

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
As a blood donor myself, this caught my eye. Since we have an international audience here at WS, I am hoping this thread can help get the word out.

Please note, according to the article the donor must be 100% Indian, 100% Pakistani or 100% Iranian and missing a common antigen called Indian B.

Praying enough donors are found to save this little girls life.

Rare blood needed to save life of 2-year-old Florida girl with cancer. Are you a match?

South Florida Girl in Need of Rare Blood to Fight Cancer
rbbm
"Florida-based OneBlood says the donors must have "A'' or "O'' type blood and be Pakistani, Indian or Iranian; and that even within these ethnic groups, fewer than 4 percent of people have the genetic variation.

Three donors have been found thus far, including a person in England, but Zainab will need more blood than they can provide."
"OneBlood is offering to coordinate compatibility testing anywhere in the world."

Can you help? Worldwide hunt for rare blood to save life of 2-year-old Florida girl

Donor's birth parents must be 100 percent Pakistani, Indian, Iranian

MIAMI - A worldwide hunt is currently underway to find a rare blood type to help a 2-year-old South Florida girl battling cancer...

OneBlood has orchestrated the search for Zainab as she will need numerous blood transfusions in the future. Officials with the organization said the search is running around the clock and it's a complete and total effort...

Wow... I'll definately ask around. I team up with the blood service here in Australia as my daughter has a very rare blood disorder which requires a blood transfusion every 3 weeks to keep her alive. So i understand the struggles. Her poor family.

Wow... I'll definately ask around. I team up with the blood service here in Australia as my daughter has a very rare blood disorder which requires a blood transfusion every 3 weeks to keep her alive. So i understand the struggles. Her poor family.
Hills88, I can't imagine. I'm praying for your daughter and the south Florida girl. There's enough horror in the world. Children shouldn't have to suffer. :( I'll spread the word as well.

Thank you for your prayers. My daughter is only 18 months so its still all new to me. We found out after she had a severe stroke at 12 months of age. Her body doesn't make blood. But i have made some connections for hopefully, i can help this south Florida girl since its world wide search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back