GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

#Rohde VDS: I am told by my experts that if we look at the exact authorities you have quoted on perpetrators, "not a single one of those pointers or criteria can be brought in line with Rohde." @TeamNews24

#Rohde Abrahams replies that there is no exact blueprint of particular profile of abusers, otherwise all that violence would have been brought to an end. @TeamNews24

#Rohde In her report, Abrahams had referred to research by Shanaaz Mathews, who carried out in-depth life history interviews with 20 convicted men who had killed their wife or girlfriend. @TeamNews24

#Rohde Court postpones the case until Thursday so that the defence can call its witnesses. "Hopefully we will not be struck by loadshedding," Salie-Hlophe says. Jason remains in custody. @TeamNews24

Jenna Etheridge‏ @JennaEtheridge 3h3 hours ago
#Rohde Perry: Susan was perceived as being a very involved mom. Johanna was at a loss for words and quite tearful. They reportedly both consider their mom as being the main parent up until her death. @TeamNews24

Interesting that Susan was the care giver and centre of the girls world.
The minute the police came to arrest Jason he suddenly developed this desire to protect the girls. It is my opinion that his "concern" is largely for himself and his needs.

Jenna Etheridge‏ @JennaEtheridge 5h5 hours ago
#Rohde Anderson: Advances for Jason amounts to around R2.9m. About R80 000 left regarding estate. @TeamNews24

There are sure to be further appeals so one can only wonder just how much will be left for the girls. It is not a good time to sell expensive properties at the moment. The Plett property has a large mortage so there is not much there. Speaking as a South African the majority of our citizens live far beyond their means. My husband was a banker for 30 years and I once asked him what are we doing wrong as we never had money. His answer was yes but our assests are all paid for.

Court informed that proceedings will only start at 12:30, due to loadshedding. SF

EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) | Twitter

Just for your information South Africa has only one company who supplies power so they can do as they please. A few years ago they wanted a very large increase in the rate they could charge. (there is an energy regulator.) So the introduced an excuse called "loadshedding" otherwise known as holding the citizens to ransom. They switch the power to each suburb on a rotational basis usually for 3 hours at a time everyday. Yesterday it was 6 hours in total. They have not quite grasped the concept that using less means less income for them anyway. We all become frustrated as even the traffic lights dont work. Once they were granted the increase the power problems suddenly dissapeared over night. The are doing this in preperation for another large price hike. It also escapes them that the economy falters as industry needs power. Life in South Africa is akin to living in interesting times but you can be mistaken for thinking you fell down the rabbit hole and landed at the mad hatters tea party.

Naively, I was expecting sentencing to be completed on the 5th. A couple of victim impact statements and the sentence given. What was the point of having the femicide expert there? Such a drawn out process given he has been convicted already. He must now deal with the consequences of his actions, as will his poor daughters, unfortunately.

Agree, Hag! I thought a few statements read & sentence imposed. Instead it seemed like another trial to me; never for a minute thought there'd be cross examination of witnesses! More of the same to come I suppose. OISA as JudgeJudi used say! Talking of whom, where is JJ these days? Hope she's OK.

Agree, Hag! I thought a few statements read & sentence imposed. Instead it seemed like another trial to me; never for a minute thought there'd be cross examination of witnesses! More of the same to come I suppose. OISA as JudgeJudi used say! Talking of whom, where is JJ these days? Hope she's OK.

Yes, it did surprise me. I think I saw a post from JJ saying she wouldn’t be following this case further.

LIVE: 'Mr Rohde does not have a psychotic illness' - psychiatrist testifies during pre-sentencing proceedings
2018-12-06 10:29

Pre-sentencing proceedings of convicted murderer Jason Rohde continues in the Western Cape High Court.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back