GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty funny how this upcoming 20/20 episode clearly has them all so upset. No positive press for Shanann. We must retaliate. Must gather minions. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. All kidding aside, it really is sad how they can hate poor Shanann more than they love their own grandchildren.
Unfortunately, I think you’re exactly right.

Contrast the utter contempt of the Watts family for Shanann, with the class and grace of Shanann’s family.

They attacked her, not only on television, but during interviews with police as well.

Meanwhile, Shanann’s family spoke glowingly about CW, even going as far as to describe him as a loving father.

I’m happy that Shanann’s family gets to fight back on national television, and is going to be able to undo some of the damage inflicted by these nasty people.

Truth. I've never seen anything like this case and likely never will again. The pros involved were phenomenal. Just the way they framed the evidence in a timeline was incredible. Just fabulous.

Yes,I’m impressed with the investigators, especially Special Agent Coder and Tammy (sorry, don’t know last name of blonde female investigator, wearing striped cardigan) I think you can learn a lot from police interrogations and I’m sure their questioning of CW will be studied in the future.

Yes,I’m impressed with the investigators, especially Special Agent Coder and Tammy (sorry, don’t know last name of blonde female investigator, wearing striped cardigan) I think you can learn a lot from police interrogations and I’m sure their questioning of CW will be studied in the future.
Tammy was my personal favorite. She owned his sorry *advertiser censored* by the end of it.

What I would have advised her is to not delete or erase anything. I would have advised her to file a motion for a protective order and to attempt to seal all evidence from the public eye until trial. I would've accompanied her to the initial interview.

Just focussing in on this part.

In her position, I think you are crazy to go to a interview and make formal statements that can be admitted as evidence without counsel!

The results illustrate one reason why, but she could easily have got herself into far worse trouble!

My experience is under a system more like the UK one, so in that setup. witnesses do have more incentive to get their version/alibi on the record as early as possible.

I think she would have been better with an informal chat with investigators followed by a sworn written statement.

Is that possible in the US to be interviewed off record?

It seems incredible to me that the witness would do a TV interview about their evidence pre-trial. But as we've seen in other cases, increasingly the narrative battle is fought via PR. But surely this would have annoyed the DA more than anything else?

I hope you don't mind these questions.

The American way is quite "foreign" from my perspective!

so sad reading this karinna!:oops:
life is cruel.....but beautiful all at the same time.
thank you for sharing your kids with us.
your loved ones live on in memory and we now know them too. :)
ill think of them every post I see your name
take care x
Thankyou for your kind words k-mac, <3 My son's name was Paul and my daughter was Suzy.
I also hold other bereaved parents close to my heart too, because i know to an extent the painful journey especially when grief is new and raw. But we somehow do survive it, but some sadly don't.
I met a mother who lost her beautiful beloved only daughter and she got cancer. So did another lady i met at TCF, and they had to decide to switch off their young son's life support after a horrible car accident. There are a lot of bereaved parents out there, and we all join and hold each others hands in love and support.
TCF's symbol is the butterfly to symbolise our child's transition from this world, and they fly free now.

Tammy was my personal favorite. She owned his sorry *advertiser censored* by the end of it.

Coder's story of the two Chris's was my favourite.

"Which Chris am I talking to right now?"

Of course Watts should have just told him to stop being silly. There is only one Chris. The innocent one.

But instead Watts played along with the idea, in essence admitting that he played two different roles :D

Thankyou for your kind words k-mac, <3 My son's name was Paul and my daughter was Suzy.
I also hold other bereaved parents close to my heart too, because i know to an extent the painful journey especially when grief is new and raw. But we somehow do survive it, but some sadly don't.
I met a mother who lost her beautiful beloved only daughter and she got cancer. So did another lady i met at TCF, and they had to decide to switch off their young son's life support after a horrible car accident. There are a lot of bereaved parents out there, and we all join and hold each others hands in love and support.
TCF's symbol is the butterfly to symbolise our child's transition from this world, and they fly free now.
I didn't wanna invade your privacy and ask names but that's better still
thankyou for sharing

yes too many moms and dads on a road you don't expect when we birth our children!:(
we all need to cherish them everyday:)xx

On the privacy aspect, one thing I do find strange is that an officer enters a neighbours home with a body camera, then later, that footage from inside the citizens home is publicly released?

To me that seems like quite a big potential violation of privacy as the footage was not recorded in a public place.

does the officer actually advise the citizen he is recording?

I mean fine if the neighbour is aware and consents

But I would not want footage of the inside of my home released to the Watts Facebook mob personally.

On the privacy aspect, one thing I do find strange is that an officer enters a neighbours home with a body camera, then later, that footage from inside the citizens home is publicly released?

To me that seems like quite a big potential violation of privacy as the footage was not recorded in a public place.

does the officer actually advise the citizen he is recording?
Some departments require that officers inform citizens that they are being recorded, while others don’t.

Regardless, they are allowing him into their home. They don’t have to do this if they don’t want to.

Some departments require that officers inform citizens that they are being recorded, while others don’t.

Regardless, they are allowing him into their home. They don’t have to do this if they don’t want to.

Yes that is the issue.

I'd be fine with inviting the officer in. And I'd be fine with him recording.

Just not fine with it being plastered all over the internet, especially if I hadn't realised it could be part of a data dump.

Ironically of course, this would have been one of the hottest potential trial videos.

I just wonder if all this public releasing creates barriers to assisting!

Yes that is the issue.

I'd be fine with inviting the officer in. And I'd be fine with him recording.

Just not fine with it being plastered all over the internet, especially if I hadn't realised it could be part of a data dump.

Ironically of course, this would have been one of the hottest potential trial videos.

I just wonder if all this public releasing creates barriers to assisting!
These are laws only because the public wants them.

They want transparency, and they are certainly getting it.

I think the question is, why do you want to? Why do you want point out flaws in an innocent victim of murder? We all have flaws. You do, I do. So what? SW was clearly a well loved, loving, caring, and decent person. Many many many people attest to that.

There is huge sensitivity here on the forums after 40-something threads of victim bashing. People just want to give her a break already. Let her rest in peace.

Tigerlily75,

Thanks Tigerlily,
This is a great reply to Posters, finding 'flaws'.
Hope others, highlight it again.

People keep quoting me. I’m responding. Aren’t I supposed to? Isn’t that what this board is all about? I’m not obsessed with NK, I just think she got a raw deal and it seems like mob mentality is out to get her. She did care about those innocent lives. Once she found out what CW did, she turned on him. She told the detective everything he wanted to know. Answered every question, He told her so. What more could she do?
Well off the top of my head, details re "Jim" spring to mind - refusing to provide information needed which would provide a verifiable alibi - in fact telling LE to "leave him out of this". I'm pretty sure that equates to not being everything the detective wanted to know

I'm not him, nor do I work for his office, but it would appear he chose to release it. Perhaps if the victim wasn't ruthlessly raked over the coals for months beforehand, and those associated with the killer hadn't tried so hard to portray themselves as victims, he wouldn't have felt it was necessary to release as much as he did. Or perhaps he doesn't feel he's released enough.

I just wanted to say thank you for this post. I know earlier this week you said you worked in a DA s office and it’s great to get your perspective.

Just focussing in on this part.

In her position, I think you are crazy to go to a interview and make formal statements that can be admitted as evidence without counsel!

The results illustrate one reason why, but she could easily have got herself into far worse trouble!

My experience is under a system more like the UK one, so in that setup. witnesses do have more incentive to get their version/alibi on the record as early as possible.

I think she would have been better with an informal chat with investigators followed by a sworn written statement.

Is that possible in the US to be interviewed off record?

It seems incredible to me that the witness would do a TV interview about their evidence pre-trial. But as we've seen in other cases, increasingly the narrative battle is fought via PR. But surely this would have annoyed the DA more than anything else?

I hope you don't mind these questions.

The American way is quite "foreign" from my perspective!
Yes, but if NK had 'lawyered up' some would say that she had something to hide. BTW, there is never an 'informal' chat with LE.

Well off the top of my head, details re "Jim" spring to mind - refusing to provide information needed which would provide a verifiable alibi - in fact telling LE to "leave him out of this". I'm pretty sure that equates to not being everything the detective wanted to know
I suspect that LE have talked to 'Jim'. His contact details were in her phone and she called him on the morning of the 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam