Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right off the top of my head I can recall 2 cases where a murderer thought he would remove his victim from a hotel in a suitcase. CCTV everywhere at a hotel; he likely just rode the elevator to the car parking with her in a suitcase. At least he has been caught.

Suitcases have been used for some time to remove bodies from buildings.

I'm really curious to learn what evidence police have that make them sure he murdered her. Suspicious behaviour or seeing him on cctv carrying a suitcase wouldn't be enough. Even if he had carried her to his car without concealing her, he could have said, she passed out, I took her somewhere for fresh air, she came to, and we parted ways. Did they find unmistakable signs of murder in the apartment, or maybe in his car? Did he confess? But if he confessed why is he not telling them where she is?

Police remain tight-lipped on the search for British backpacker Grace Millane

Police remain tight-lipped this morning as the search for British backpacker Grace Millane's body is understood to be continuing.

Police say they will release updates on the investigation as soon as they become available due to the interest from New Zealanders and their huge outpouring of support for Millane's family.

They’ve found a body

A body has been found in the search for missing British backpacker Grace Millane.

A full scene examination of a bush area on Scenic Dr, in Auckland's Waitakere Ranges, began on Sunday afternoon, and the road was closed as police investigated.

Body found in search for missing British backpacker Grace Millane

Last edited:
Such terrible news.

It’s so sad that Grace’s life has been cut short so horribly and in such a beautiful country. She did not deserve this and I hope justice is served.

My thoughts are with her family and friends. Particularly devastating at this time of year too.

Such terrible news.

It’s so sad that Grace’s life has been cut short so horribly and in such a beautiful country. She did not deserve this and I hope justice is served.

My thoughts are with her family and friends. Particularly devastating at this time of year too.

It's an absolute tragedy that Grace just graduated from university a few months ago and now she is no longer alive.

Heartbreaking......no words.
Just why?
My thoughts are with her parents, family and friends.....

He drove a rental car...
Distance from Auckland to Taupo where car was found...275 km, 3 1/4 hrs drive time. I guess he left it there?

Heartbreaking......no words.
Just why?
My thoughts are with her parents, family and friends.....

He drove a rental car...
Distance from Auckland to Taupo where car was found...275 km, 3 1/4 hrs drive time. I guess he left it there?

The car was found in Taupo? I wonder how he got back from there if that’s the case. Accomplice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slhammy