OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

George Wagner is accused of killing a family of 8 living on a pot farm in Pike County OH. While first thought to be drug related the killings now could be the result of a custody battle. 3 other members of the Wagner family have been arrested as well. So many twists and turns and Websleuths members are on top of every single thing that happens in the shocking case.

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION
CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports source article

Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35

I believe up to 10-15 people knew of the serious deadly threat against the Rhodens.

Here are my reasons;

1. Prior to this time and it was a relatively short time, KR was followed and called 911 telling them he felt his life to be in danger because of the aggressiveness if the other driver involved.

2. The “evil ones” comments made by Dana. Several times.

3. I think the argument/fight prior to the killings was mainly over money and most likely about the 30 k CRsr had paid for Dana’s new home. And the work they had done to it for CRsr and D

"KR" is Kenneth Rhoden who was murdered? You aren't referring to the relative in KY who called 911 after the murders on account of being followed (that turned out to be a false alarm?) I hadn't heard about that.

I agree with the "Dana's new home" as part of the motivation for killing them. I had thought in the past more than once that, whoever had killed the family, would have loved to have burned that new place down to the ground... but couldn't or they would have given themselves away.

Question: Does LE require a search warrant to fly a drone over someone's property to investigate a crime? A crime that wasn't committed ON that property? I own my land/house but not the airspace. Just curious is all. Of course, conspiracy is a crime so could the crime of conspiracy have been committed on the W's property when they discussed?

I think some of that is still up for debate. Can you shoot down a drone over your property if you think it is spying on you? Invasion of privacy has to be hashed out yet, I think...

"KR" is Kenneth Rhoden who was murdered? You aren't referring to the relative in KY who called 911 after the murders on account of being followed (that turned out to be a false alarm?) I hadn't heard about that.

I agree with the "Dana's new home" as part of the motivation for killing them. I had thought in the past more than once that, whoever had killed the family, would have loved to have burned that new place down to the ground... but couldn't or they would have given themselves away.
"Burned that new place down to the ground." This rather fits with LE removing all the trailers; betting they may have figured out this was what would happen. The purchasing of that trailer was a final straw, per se.

Tata. . Let m interject. Angela was a marksman in the air force. All of these shots were at close range. As I’m learning to shoot desert rats I’m getting better. And she was trained. The others grew up hunting deer rabbits etc.

And shooting at less than 20 feet is easy. The only one that may have been a challenge is CSsr. I believe he was shot elsewhere, beaten, tortured until he revealed at least one hiding place for his money. And I believe the money was a strong secondary motive to custody.

And while Fredericka may not have been in on this horrific slaying from the inception, I believe and can see her skills in everything accomplished that night.

And perhaps the John Doe identified in one charge was yet another relative or very loyal employee. It could have been old man Waggie before his death.

I don’t know the cross FWs attorney Referred to as her guidance, but it cannot be the same cross 99% of us worship. And it’s sad, if she in fact did good things during her life, that all of that will be replaced with the legacy of 8 who died at the Waggies hand.

How is it known AW was a Marksman? Where do you think CRsr was when he was shot, beaten, and tortured? Why do you think that is true?

Sorry, to create confusion again. Yes, I believe Chris Sr and Kenneth grew pot; I meant that, taken all together (the pot and the money strewn on Kenneth's body) could be a set up to look like a drug deal that turned violent that took place at Kenneth's house... leading to everyone having to be killed. But, for 200 plus plants an entire family is murdered? That's been hard to believe all along imo.

The killers could have brought over pot plants... some at a time and hidden them in the woods and brought them into Chris Sr's house on the night of the murders. That might explain what some see as "extra time" spent at Chris Sr's trailer that night. It's possible and is a good theory imo. But, if they were going to set up the Rhoden family to look like they were big, bad drug pushers, I think they would have used something more lethal... oxycodone or heroin or meth... spill a little on the floor and a table... razor blades, etc... something that would ruin the Rhoden name near and far, and much easier to tote around.

BBM
Maybe they did and LE knew enough to know it was a set up...

JMO
Just wanted to add something I have been thinking about regarding the previous discussions about one of the defendants may have been hard of hearing. No reason to go into all that again but something I was thinking about is the murderer who did most of the shooting would not really want to wear any ear protection during the murders because it could limit the person from hearing if someone was waking up and moving around in other rooms. So a murderer is not likely to ever wear ear protection.

Its something I never have thought about before and it could cause hearing damage if someone was shooting lots of shots like those murders. Even if the person was experienced with guns its not likely they would wear ear protection and the more shots the more damage to the hearing most likely.

The murderers in this case obviously did some preparation so its kind of interesting to think about whether they thought of using ear protection and then realized they could not so that they could hear if anyone was getting woken up in another room or something.

Not sure if we will ever hear any details about this sort of thing unless they confess and talk about it.

Just thought about this today and found it kind of interesting to think about.

I don't think her new home was part of the motivation. DeWine said the W's had been planning this since January 1, 2016. That was months before DR got her new home. She bought the home in March, I think on the 20th of March a month before the murders and over three months after the planning began.

JMO

Last edited:
JMO
Just wanted to add something I have been thinking about regarding the previous discussions about one of the defendants may have been hard of hearing. No reason to go into all that again but something I was thinking about is the murderer who did most of the shooting would not really want to wear any ear protection during the murders because it could limit the person from hearing if someone was waking up and moving around in other rooms. So a murderer is not likely to ever wear ear protection.

Its something I never have thought about before and it could cause hearing damage if someone was shooting lots of shots like those murders. Even if the person was experienced with guns its not likely they would wear ear protection and the more shots the more damage to the hearing most likely.

The murderers in this case obviously did some preparation so its kind of interesting to think about whether they thought of using ear protection and then realized they could not so that they could hear if anyone was getting woken up in another room or something.

Not sure if we will ever hear any details about this sort of thing unless they confess and talk about it.

I don't know a lot about it so I asked both hubby and son. Both said any gun other than maybe a .22 or .32 would cause permanent hearing loss if firing 32+ shots in an enclosed place like a bedroom. Even with a silencer since those only block a portion of the noise, not all of it. When I say 32+ it is because we know for sure that 32 shots were fired since those ended up in the victims but it is my opinion that more shots were fired and some missed the victims. So IMO there could have been 50 to 60 of shots fired. Or more.

JMO

JMO

They had homemade silencers/suppressors to deaden the sound...

I don't think her new home was part of the motivation. DeWine said the W's had been planning this since January 1, 2016. That was months before DR got her new home. She bought the home in March, I think on the 20th of March a month before the murders and over three months after the planning began.

JMO

It was said, HR and JW had an on and off relationship, I'm sure when JW was visiting he heard about them talking about getting trailer or HR might had said something to him about it, and told his family about it.

It was said, HR and JW had an on and off relationship, I'm sure when JW was visiting he heard about them talking about getting trailer or HR might had said something to him about it, and told his family about it.

Presumably they would have told him because little S would be moving in to the new house.

JMO

I think it started when they realized that CH was more than just a passing fancy.

I don't know a lot about it so I asked both hubby and son. Both said any gun other than maybe a .22 or .32 would cause permanent hearing loss if firing 32+ shots in an enclosed place like a bedroom. Even with a silencer since those only block a portion of the noise, not all of it. When I say 32+ it is because we know for sure that 32 shots were fired since those ended up in the victims but it is my opinion that more shots were fired and some missed the victims. So IMO there could have been 50 to 60 of shots fired. Or more.

JMO

My father was an avid hunter and never wore hearing protection (no one did in those days) and has mild hearing loss in one ear (his aiming side). I have sat right on top of speakers, at concerts, shot firearms w/o head gear, and been on the front row of burnout competitions, and high octane sports, and have mild hearing loss in one ear. However, it does not affect our speech. One of my children had hearing loss due to birth trauma. It was only certain pitch levels that were difficult for them. They've managed fairly well w/o hearing aids and have no speech impediment. GW3's speech made me think he may have had either a long term hearing impairment, or, possibly the scar was from brain surgery, or an injury, that left his speech slightly impaired. It's highly likely though, that he could merely have a thick accent. I have one and my s/o's is thicker than mine. The voice search on the t.v. is usually just used for our entertainment.

This was in the first post of the thread.

Rhodens scoff at Pike County sheriff's comments

In august 2016, family members were not believing the "children in danger" story.

Yes, in retrospect, that decision was somewhat unfair to surviving family members. At that point (August 2016) I think LE was still focused incorrectly on the Rhoden and Manley family members as suspects. JMO, that's also part of the reason why they decided to confiscate and lock up the homes of family members. Same with refusal to turn over property (family Bible) that had no bearing on the investigation, but had sentimental value to surviving family. LE and prosecutors wrongly assumed family members were involved in the murders or were withholding information about the killers, hence some punitive measures. IIRC, they also put up some barriers to TR, LM and others who were trying to settle the estates of the victims.

At least there's some comfort in knowing they eventually changed their minds about this approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member