Found Deceased LA - Christopher Thibodeaux, 32, N. Wilderness Trail, Lafayette Parish, 7 Dec 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office

The Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office is asking for the publics assistance to help locate Christopher R. Thibodeaux (32). Thibodeaux was last known to be in the area near the 400 block of N Wilderness Trail. If you have seen Thibodeaux at any time since Friday please contact the Sheriff’s Office at 337 232 9211 or provide a tip using the Sheriff’s Mobile application.

upload_2018-12-10_19-25-59.jpeg

LPSO asking for help in locating missing man

Video at link.

Search for missing Carencro man continues

[...]

The Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office searched the 400 block of Wilderness Trail all day Monday looking for 32-year-old Christopher Thibodeaux.

“Our search and rescue team is deploying ground, air, and water searches to look for Mr. Thibodeaux,” says Valerie Ponseti, with Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office.

[...]

“We do have a pretty robust search and rescue team as I said before we have drones out, we have a water unit out, as well as a ground search," says Ponseit. "I just saw a few ready to go out and continue operations and spreading out and covering as much as they can so we can go ahead and try to get him found."

Law enforcement is asking for the public’s help as they continue to search for Thibodeaux.

“We did have some rain in the last couple of days and it’s been pretty chilly especially for us here in Louisiana we are not used took super cold weather," Ponseti said. "So time is precious when there is a person who is missing so again that’s why we’re asking for the publics help.”

[...]

upload_2018-12-11_1-8-5.jpegupload_2018-12-11_1-8-21.jpeg

Lafayette is the hometown of Mickey Schunck. I live in the Acadiana area/Lafayette Parish. Wilderness Trail road follows the Vermilion River also known as a bayou because it’s such a narrow body of water. The road is winding, narrow and dark. The water is extremely muddy and lined with trees and fallen branches. The area is dotted with houses, trailers, camps and farms. I don’t drive it much and never at night. This area is slowly building up but in the past, it was a known body dump area. I saw that LE is searching the water. I believe this area of the Vermilion River can only be searched by using flat bottom boats. I know of an individual who teaches diving and marine survival and is a former Navy Seal at the local university. They sometimes get called to assist.

Video at link.

Police: Search for Missing Man in Carencro has Ended
Investigators with the with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office say for now, the search and rescue operation to find this man, 32-year-old Christopher Thibodeaux of Carencro is over.

Lieutenant of Carencro John Mowell with the Sheriff's Office says the case is now in the hands of their detectives.

KLFY TV just reported that the body of a male was discovered in the Vermilion River. The coroner is performing an autopsy.

KATC TV just reported that the body discovered is that of Mr. Thibodeaux and that the case of death is accidental drowning.
Sorry, I can’t link.

KATC TV just reported that the body discovered is that of Mr. Thibodeaux and that the case of death is accidental drowning.
Sorry, I can’t link.
KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
UPDATE: The Coroner’s Office has determined that Thibodeaux’s death was due to accidental drowning. Officials say that no foul play has been found in his death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back