Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Charged With Kidnapping, Killing Hania Aguilar Appears In Court
Britt said McLellan became a suspect in Hania's disappearance after the stolen SUV was found.

There was sufficient evidence to charge McLellan at that time but they needed more to go on to get a conviction, Britt said.

The district attorney said McLellan did not confess to the murder while in custody.

The North Carolina State Crime Lab returned information gained from tests on Aguilar's body on Dec. 7.

Those test results led to the arrest of McLellan, the FBI said.

Please forgive if this is a repeart -- it just came up from N&O in Raleigh, NC --
-----------------------------
Suspect in death of 13-year-old Hania Aguilar faces new charges from 2016 rape

By Charles Duncan
December 10, 2018 12:54 PM
The man charged with the rape and murder of 13-year-old Hania Aguilar in Lumberton, North Carolina, could face the death penalty, prosecutors said Monday. They also charged Michael Ray McLellan in a separate rape case dating back to 2016, Robeson County District Attorney Johnson Britt said in a press conference broadcast live on Facebook.

---------------------------
Read more here: Suspect in death of 13-year-old Hania Aguilar faces new charges from 2016 rape
hmmm...released from prison in Feb of 2016 and now facing charges for a 2016 rape. Arent felons required to have DNA sample on file with DOC or DPS. Travesty all the way around! I hope a legit crime reporter digs into and sorts out all this.

hmmm...released from prison in Feb of 2016 and now facing charges for a 2016 rape. Arent felons required to have DNA sample on file with DOC or DPS. Travesty all the way around! I hope a legit crime reporter digs into and sorts out all this.
Yes - see PommyMommy's post above. And this:

"When the car was found and the car was processed, Mr. McLellan became a suspect," he said.

Because of his criminal history, McLellan had DNA on file. The FBI, which was helping with the search for Hania, was able to compare that DNA to evidence found in the SUV.
Man charged with kidnapping, rape and murder of Lumberton teen, Hania Aguilar :: WRAL.com

Thank goodness for DNA! Otherwise it may have taken much longer to connect MM to the crime.

Stephanie Beck on Twitter
In other news, the man accused of kidnapping and killing Hania Aguilar made his first court appearance this morning. @WRALGilbert was there, sent us this photo, and has more info on #WRAL news at noon
DuEa7NAWsAA-Cmj.jpg

Gilbert Baez on Twitter
#breaking Michael McLellan makes 1st appearance in court in the Kidnapping and feat of Hania Aguilar. @WRAL
DuEY1G7WoAIhlru.jpg

DuEY1GJXcAAQm89.jpg
Thanks, P-Mommy, for all the info here. :)
When the person being charged in court for crimes wears a bullet-proof vest, you know he must be a serious bad guy. The more we explore this ~man~, the meaner and more dangerous his history, etc., shows us. SMH.
Yes, if he is indeed guilty of the crimes charged against him, he should never be allowed outside a double-fenced and greatly guarded prison, for the rest of his life. Something went 'way wrong with this person, and IMO, it's 'way too late for any type of rehab. He's one of the bad ones, IMO.
I'm betting that many people in and around L'ton are sleeping easier now. At least a little.
And I do wonder about those three women who were found dead within weeks of each other and in the same general area... I'm gonna go look back and do some research on that.

Death penalty possible for man accused of killing Hania Aguilar

The man accused of kidnapping and killing 13-year-old Hania Aguilar appeared in court Monday morning.

Hania's mother was in attendance, according to ABC 15's Tonya Brown, who was in the courtroom for the hearing.

He was moved to another courtroom Monday morning for a second hearing.

McLellan will also have another court appearance Friday.
RSBBM
Oh Pommy I can't explain the anger I feel for this killer. Poor Hania's mother is just a few feet away....I cannot imagine the strength and courage it took for her to maintain her composure :(

I know in my heart I would have never been able to hold it together and that makes me respect her and this family even more. (Like Shannan Watts family also)

The fact that this cold blooded REPEAT OFFENDER was strolling around free to muder/brutalize an innocent child is utterly reprehensible and a poor example of the CJ system in Lumberton County IMO. I hope they seek the death penalty.

Thanks, P-Mommy, for all the info here. :)
When the person being charged in court for crimes wears a bullet-proof vest, you know he must be a serious bad guy. The more we explore this ~man~, the meaner and more dangerous his history, etc., shows us. SMH.
Yes, if he is indeed guilty of the crimes charged against him, he should never be allowed outside a double-fenced and greatly guarded prison, for the rest of his life. Something went 'way wrong with this person, and IMO, it's 'way too late for any type of rehab. He's one of the bad ones, IMO.
I'm betting that many people in and around L'ton are sleeping easier now. At least a little.
And I do wonder about those three women who were found dead within weeks of each other and in the same general area... I'm gonna go look back and do some research on that.
Instead of a prison cell, North Carolina has a more permanent solution for guys like this and it involves a needle...

Her mother. I can literally feel her rage. Much more strength than I think I could posses
I don't know if I would have the strength. Grieving a child who died is devastating enough, but to have a child taken, injured, and killed must be incredibly hard to accept. And then to attend the court case when the mom is still in such a tender mourning stage (and possibly in need of money from work) is just.so.much for a mother to handle. I am glad to know she has a support system with her family and church - but his perp took so much and left a wide path of destruction behind him.

The thing is....Hania's family will mourn her, but continue to love each other and eventually get to a point of some recovery. Life will return to them. Like her mother said, he killed Hania but not her happiness. They have her memory and her happiness as treasures.

He has nothing. And he likely has no one who misses him now that he's locked up forever.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member