Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence is evidence, imo, regardless of pre-trial media. I don’t see how it really affects a trial that much. We have to take jurors wors for it in all cases that they will be fair, etc...jmo

Agreed. Lets hope so anyway! I'm getting the impression this is a v high profile case in a much smaller country than US which might make a difference. But JMO. Not a legal expert.

Agreed. Lets hope so anyway! I'm getting the impression this is a v high profile case than US which might make a difference. But JMO. Not a legal expert.

That, and the low murder rate. New Zealand has on average about 50-60 murders per year. Compare that to approx 800 in the UK and 17,000 in the US. It's big headline news, especially when it happens to a tourist. My NZ friends and family have been sharing it on social media so I think you're right about it being pretty high profile.

I was wondering will the New Zealand government cover travel expenses for Grace’s family to attend the trial? They are suffering badly enough without the additional significant costs involved in attending the trial.

What a nightmare to have a loved one murdered on the other side of the world. My heart goes out to them.

'She last heard from him on Thursday morning and wondered why he hadn't been in touch.'

Thanks for posting that article. Is this quote referring to the most recent Thursday, ie before he was arrested? So, he went back on a dating app and was still 'making plans'?

If so, it doesn't exactly smack of a man who has killed someone by mistake and is panicking and devastated...JMO...

Source: Grace Millane case: I was supposed to meet the man who is charged with killing the backpacker

'She last heard from him on Thursday morning and wondered why he hadn't been in touch.'

Thanks for posting that article. Is this quote referring to the most recent Thursday, ie before he was arrested? So, he went back on a dating app and was still 'making plans'?

If so, it doesn't exactly smack of a man who has killed someone by mistake and is panicking and devastated...JMO...

Source: Grace Millane case: I was supposed to meet the man who is charged with killing the backpacker

Yes it must of been Thursday 6th that she last heard from him.

Maybe her cancelling that Saturday date trigged something within him and he went on the hunt to lure a women back to his hotel?!

I was wondering will the New Zealand government cover travel expenses for Grace’s family to attend the trial? They are suffering badly enough without the additional significant costs involved in attending the trial.

What a nightmare to have a loved one murdered on the other side of the world. My heart goes out to them.

Why would the NZ government pay the family's expenses? The government is not at fault for Grace's murder.

Why would the NZ government pay the family's expenses? The government is not at fault for Grace's murder.

No and unlike a lot of struggling families this family are millionaires so not exactly on the bread line.

New Zealand have obviously been very vocal in supporting the family so far but paying for their financial stay seems way over the top.

Yes it must of been Thursday 6th that she last heard from him.

Maybe her cancelling that Saturday date trigged something within him and he went on the hunt to lure a women back to his hotel?!

True. Or he had the whole thing already planned but needed to find a new victim. And was then lining up the next one? I think, maybe, more likely, he was trying to appear innocent, knowing that LE would at some point most likely read his messages.

True. Or he had the whole thing already planned but needed to find a new victim. And was then lining up the next one? I think, maybe, more likely, he was trying to appear innocent, knowing that LE would at some point most likely read his messages.

That's what it looks like to me too. He had groomed the other woman for 6 months and planned to do something to her on Dec 1. When she had other plans, he picked another victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam