CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
While anything is possible, I do hope this thread doesn't fall down the 'human trafficking' hole. Those sorts of 'rumors' were all over FB about nearly every grocery store in the nation. Human trafficking doesn't work like that! They're not plucking pretty girls from Safeway, that's just not how that works.

That's not to say a stranger abduction isn't possible, we've seen those, of course. Just a good reminder that when you hear hoofbeats think HORSES not ZEBRAS.

Yes, I've been on those threads.The answer more often lies closer to home.

Any speculation as to why no presser until today? I also heard on the Fox New radio that FBI is now involved.
I suppose that they needed time to investigate the circumstances of her disappearance.

It appears that at one point, LE may have believed that she could be missing on her own volition.

The fact that they are now holding a press conference, and have apparently brought in the FBI, likely means that they now suspect foul play is a real possibility.

I just hope that they are able to give us more details at this presser.

At the very least though, they will be able to generate some much needed media/public interest.

I suppose that they needed time to investigate the circumstances of her disappearance.

It appears that at one point, LE may have believed that she could be missing on her own volition.

The fact that they are now holding a press conference, and have apparently brought in the FBI, likely means that they now suspect foul play is a real possibility.

I just hope that they are able to give us more details at this presser.

At the very least though, they will be able to generate some much needed media/public interest.

A lot of valuable time has passed. Interested in learning more about the relationship with the fiancé.

A lot of valuable time has passed. Interested in learning more about the relationship with the fiancé.
I know. That’s exactly what I am most curious about.

What was going on there?
What was the nature of their relationship?
Any conflict?

The first hours and days are the most important to an investigation like this, and it appears that they were lost.

This young woman was likely killed. Likely either by a man in her life, or she went for a hike near her home and was killed by a stranger.

According to her brother, her 'cars are not missing'. So, she very likely made it home from Safeway store, then either was picked up by someone known to her who killed her, or went for a hike (she is said to be an avid hiker) in the vicinity of her home and something happened to her then.

The silence from LE so far suggests they have a culprit in mind - someone she knows - and have been silently trying to build their case, otherwise we'd have been hearing more about search efforts for her locally.......

Last edited:
Can cell phones ping from a small airplane? If her cell phone was in a plane flying overhead?
There doesn’t appear to be a missing plane, hers was parked where it was supposed to be.

Theoretically, I think it’s possible though that a phone could ping from a small plane, flying at altitude.

I was on a commercial flight the other day and received sporadic texts from (probably) under 20,000 feet (during takeoff and landing).

Those texts would have only reached me after bouncing off a tower, and that’s where a ping comes from.

ETA that she didn’t personally own a plane, so whatever plane was referenced in regards to it being where it was supposed to be, must have only been one that she used at some point.

Last edited:
There doesn’t appear to be a missing plane, hers was parked where it was supposed to be.

Theoretically, I think it’s possible though that a phone could ping from a small plane, flying at altitude.

I was on a commercial flight the other day and received sporadic texts from (probably) under 20,000 feet (during takeoff and landing).

Those texts would have only reached me after bouncing off a tower, and that’s where a ping comes from.

The admin on the official facebook page said she did not own a plane nor would she barrow one from friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member