Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be considered odd because they did go into the house. So why not use that trash can? Although I don't think that's the weird part. If there is broken glass, an unlocked door, no one home, cars in the driveway, purses and some clothes in the house maybe that should have raised a red flag that something was off. Why didn't Janelle and Mike go to Stacy's house when looking for the girls?
Because Suzie and Stacy’s cars were both there. High chance she wouldn’t be at Stacy’s especially since Janelle knew of the sleep venue change.

Well, there is the answer after all! Kidnapped as breeders/brides of Satan.

you all DO know I'm only kidding, right?
Of course I get the “Satanic Panic” stuff. And of course I know it might have just been a book like Divine Comedy or something. But I also know that Ms. McCall remembered it for 25 years—whatever she’s referring to. It’s not that she was “into Satanism” but she had something off. The Marylin Monroe poster hairstylist-to-be fun loving girl had something striking on her bookshelf. It’s a lead.

Why is it weird to take the glass to the dumpster next door? Seems weirder to barge in the house to dispose it. I don’t see any issue with the clean up. This isn’t a movie. Kirby and Henson aren’t master mob cleanup guys. They are not very bright. Like, at all.

Why not dispose of the shards inside the trash can that is underneath the carport?

Why not dispose of the shards inside the trash can that is underneath the carport?
Hindsight 20/20. I don't know. I don't think it mattered much?

What do we gain from this info? I think the shards being broken shows that there was possibly a struggle. But also possibly not. I am not sure there is much we gain. I believe the police got to the bottom of it either way. It would not be hard to retrieve the glass--and is it known if they did or not?

I believe Janelle and Mike behaved very strangely. But there's aspects of the "criminal capability" test that neither seem to pass for me. I do think they possibly knew of the same people that one-offs of Mike Clay's crowd may have known as well.

I am open to considering them having some involvement along the way, but I need more proof than "they acted weird." Let's get beyond that because we've been over "that other girl" for 20 years now on these forums. Is there anything new? All I'm asking.

Last edited:
Hindsight 20/20. I don't know. I don't think it mattered much?

What do we gain from this info? I think the shards being broken shows that there was possibly a struggle. But also possibly not. I am not sure there is much we gain. I believe the police got to the bottom of it either way. It would not be hard to retrieve the glass--and is it known if they did or not?

I believe Janelle and Mike behaved very strangely. But there's aspects of the "criminal capability" test that neither seem to pass for me. I do think they possibly knew of the same people that one-offs of Mike Clay's crowd may have known as well.

I am open to considering them having some involvement along the way, but I need more proof than "they acted weird." Let's get beyond that because we've been over "that other girl" for 20 years now on these forums. Is there anything new? All I'm asking.

It's a telling statement. It's distancing. She was supposedly friends with Suzie and she said that after she went missing. It doesn't help that she was one of the last people to see them and the first to notice them missing.

It's a telling statement. It's distancing. She was supposedly friends with Suzie and she said that after she went missing. It doesn't help that she was one of the last people to see them and the first to notice them missing.
I get that. And I don't necessarily disagree.

But need something beyond speculation. Speculation can happen until the cows come home from a multitude of angles.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Bartt Streeter’s response after this subject was brought up:

“If you watch the video as I just did...what you will hear is Chris Hensons narration he is saying "So the police dig deeper into the background of the women and find something odd on a bookshelf in Suzie's room"....Then they cut to Janis McCall she is obviously in mid sentence but it picks her up at "...it turns out there were a lot of things about devil worship." They cut away to candles and a skull as you hear Mrs.McCall say..."satanic things that she was looking into."

Now you have a choice you can believe that Janis McCall is talking about Suzie although she never says the name Suzie and after 25 years of never hearing any of this satanic material stuff (except in reference to a poster and skull at Mikes sisters house) now Mrs.. McCall has picked this show to accuse my sister of having devil worship and satanic materials on her bookshelf. <modsnip - personalized>Where Asher is in all this I'm unclear maybe you can help me out there.

May I suggest before any of you take my word or Bookkeepers on this satanic stuff you watch the show in it's entirety while noting all the inconsistencies thru out and maybe you will draw the same conclusion that I have, which is, the show was quickly pieced together it is a crime entertainment show that did not care about accuracy or the consequences of their inaccuracy when it edited the show together, sensationalistic sound bites that are more about grabbing the publics attention and making profit than journalistic ethics and accuracy.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes clear some things up here.

Source:
(Crime Watch Daily - Part 2)

I. (on the subject of the bookshelf)
Chris Hansen voiceover: Police discover something odd on a bookshelf in Suzie's room
Janis McCall: turns out there was a lot of things about devil worship (cut) Satanic things she was looking into

II. (on the Grave Robbers being cleared as suspects or not) Darrell Moore, ex DA of Greene County, timestamp 3:48: The police chief at the time cleared them. Some of us do not think they should be cleared.

----------------------------------------

Regarding point I. I think it's safe to assume Janis is referring to Suzie. Why? Because she uses a pronoun "she" and there's no other person she'd be referring to. You think she was referring to Stacy or Sherrill? Please. Yes they make edits on these shows and move things to fit a narrative and sensationalize. Bartt is right there. Bartt is wrong about who Janis is talking about.

Questions:

1.What did Janis see that made her think "satanism" and "devil worship?"

2. Didn't Bartt not go to the house much? If ever? I thought he was estranged. Since joining the Navy and since Suzie/Sherrill had physical altercations with him. How would Bartt know what Suzie had on her shelf at a house he didn't visit and what his sister was interested in post-her moving out of their own place?

3. Regarding point II. Why did the former district attorney think that some detectives felt the GRs should not be cleared?

Last edited:
Yes clear some things up here.

Source:
(Crime Watch Daily - Part 2)

I. (on the subject of the bookshelf)
Chris Hansen voiceover: Police discover something odd on a bookshelf in Suzie's room
Janis McCall: turns out there was a lot of things about devil worship (cut) Satanic things she was looking into

II. (on the Grave Robbers being cleared as suspects or not) Darrell Moore, ex DA of Greene County, timestamp 3:48: The police chief at the time cleared them. Some of us do not think they should be cleared.

----------------------------------------

Regarding point I. I think it's safe to assume Janis is referring to Suzie. Why? Because she uses a pronoun "she" and there's no other person she'd be referring to. You think she was referring to Stacy or Sherrill? Please. Yes they make edits on these shows and move things to fit a narrative and sensationalize. Bartt is right there. Bartt is wrong about who Janis is talking about.

Questions:

1.What did Janis see that made her think "satanism" and "devil worship?"

2. Didn't Bartt not go to the house much? If ever? I thought he was estranged. How would Bartt know what Suzie had on her shelf?

3. Regarding point II. why did the former district attorney think that some detectives felt the GRs should not be cleared?

Point 1. She could have been talking about the “satanic stuff” (heavy metal posters, candles, cow skull) at my sisters apartment. Point is, we can’t be sure because they heavily edited it.

Question 1. I don’t know. Lots of book covers and titles might seem satanic to Christians when in reality, they have nothing to do with the subject. (Harry Potter books went thru this)

Question 2. I have no idea how often Bartt was at Delmar but it’s not like Suzie would have gotten all new books between when she lived with him and when she moved in with her mom. Her own brother probably knows what books she liked to read way better than Janis would.

Question 3. Some cops were (wrongly) convinced I had satanic things in my house. That probably clouded their judgment and led them to believe I should not be off of the suspect list.

So you think Janis was possibly referring to your sister? I am not sure I buy that.

I certainly understand "satanic panic" and that Janis could have confused something she saw with something it wasn't. However if she was simply mistaken, I am not sure I buy that if this was something irrelevant that it would "stick" 25 years later.

I am even sure she was misinterpreting something, but whatever it was, was odd enough to catch her or detectives' eyes.

Mike, you should not even feel the need to defend this statement. The fact that you do makes me think that you think I'm insinuating guilt or that you have guilt over whatever Janis saw.

Last edited:
Question 3. Some cops were (wrongly) convinced I had satanic things in my house. That probably clouded their judgment and led them to believe I should not be off of the suspect list.
I agree that the cops were likely not experts on what was "satanism" and what wasn't. Agree there that they had clouded judgement.

What I don't get is why they still don't think you should be cleared? 25 years later is enough to clear up problems with what constitutes "devil worship" and what doesn't. I do not think devil worship is the reason the women are missing. I believe it's possible that the material/book/item on the shelf was a possible lead (dead or not) to someone Suzie was involved with.

Mike, is it possible they (cops Moore refers to) mean all three of you or maybe just one or two of you?

So you think Janis was possibly referring to your sister? I am not sure I buy that.

I certainly understand "satanic panic" and that Janis could have confused something she saw with something it wasn't. However if she was simply mistaken, I am not sure I buy that if this was something irrelevant that it would "stick" 25 years later.

I am even sure she was misinterpreting something, but whatever it was, was odd enough to catch her or detectives' eyes.

Mike, you should not even feel the need to defend this statement. The fact that you do makes me think that you think I'm insinuating guilt or that you have guilt over whatever Janis saw.

It can also be that he gets how it feels to be falsely accused, but at least he is here to defend himself. We both always feel awful when it is with one of the missing women and with both Suzie and Sherrill they have been hit a lot. Posting Bartt’s Words is the closest thing they have as someone to defend and at least Mike did know Suzie at least a little.

I honestly don’t know what Janis was referring to. She could truly believe Suzie had satanic materials on her bookshelf. She could have been talking about what cops saw at my sisters apartment. She could be repeating what one of the detectives told her they saw on Suzie's bookshelf. Lots of the cops back then DEFINITELY had the satanic panic when it came to me as a suspect. And I understand why they would believe that. The Slayer poster I had up probably had a big bloody pentagram on it. It’s easy to think I would be into that.
I just think it’s odd that the whole time I was being questioned about the missing girls, I was never once asked if Suzie (or any of the women) was into devil worship, and Bartt had never heard anything about it either until the Crime Watch Daily show aired.

It can also be that he gets how it feels to be falsely accused, but at least he is here to defend himself. We both always feel awful when it is with one of the missing women and with both Suzie and Sherrill they have been hit a lot. Posting Bartt’s Words is the closest thing they have as someone to defend and at least Mike did know Suzie at least a little.
I get that, but even that has questions. Bartt was estranged from the family. I am not sure he ever visited the house enough (definitely not more than a couple times) to have a memory of what was on Suzie's bookshelf.

Janis said "she" which makes me believe she was referring to Suzie. Even if she is wrong.

I agree that the cops were likely not experts on what was "satanism" and what wasn't. Agree there that they had clouded judgement.

What I don't get is why they still don't think you should be cleared? 25 years later is enough to clear up problems with what constitutes "devil worship" and what doesn't. I do not think devil worship is the reason the women are missing. I believe it's possible that the material/book/item on the shelf was a possible lead (dead or not) to someone Suzie was involved with.

Mike, is it possible they (cops Moore refers to) mean all three of you or maybe just one or two of you?

I don’t know for sure. It could be the satanic angle. It could be that I said something stupid while being interrogated. Something that gets brought up still to this day. That alone makes a lot of people still believe I should be a suspect.

I honestly don’t know what Janis was referring to. She could truly believe Suzie had satanic materials on her bookshelf. She could have been talking about what cops saw at my sisters apartment. She could be repeating what one of the detectives told her they saw on Suzie's bookshelf. Lots of the cops back then DEFINITELY had the satanic panic when it came to me as a suspect. And I understand why they would believe that. The Slayer poster I had up probably had a big bloody pentagram on it. It’s easy to think I would be into that.
I just think it’s odd that the whole time I was being questioned about the missing girls, I was never once asked if Suzie (or any of the women) was into devil worship, and Bartt had never heard anything about it either until the Crime Watch Daily show aired.
I don't doubt they had that.

For the record, I do not think you had a hand in this disappearance. I often just wondered if you had an idea of someone on the outskirts of your friend group that might have taken an interest in Suzie. Or if it was an adult (like Garrison) that may have taken an interest in Sherrill. I know Garrison was out 3 weeks and likely not the primary perpetrator. But I wonder if you indirectly met the one(s) responsible.

I get that, but even that has questions. Bartt was estranged from the family. I am not sure he ever visited the house enough (definitely not more than a couple times) to have a memory of what was on Suzie's bookshelf.

Janis said "she" which makes me believe she was referring to Suzie. Even if she is wrong.

Suzie lived with Bartt before she moved in with her mom. She probably had her books there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa