CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of questions, How often did Kelsey call her mother? Did Kelsey have any friends she talked daily with?
Quoting this post for emphasis. So as far as we know (keeping in mind that we know basically nothing in this case), Kelsey was last seen shopping at Safeway and the handoff did not necessarily happen at Safeway. We don’t know where or when the custody handoff happened. Sorry if I used bold there excessively.
According to the Idaho news article, the baby was handed off to the fiancé at his place on the 22 nd. Why weren't the two of them spending Thanksgiving together?

Many things happened on the 25 th. The fiancé got his last communication from Kelsey. The police did a welfare check. Why did they do a welfare check if the fiancé had just communicated with her? And her phone pinged in Idaho the same day.

"The same day officers conducted the welfare check, Berreth’s cell phone was pinged near Gooding at 5:13 p.m – over 800 miles from her home in Colorado. Steve Van Dinter, a Verizon spokesman, tells EastIdahoNews.com that the ping would be accurate within a mile of the location coordinates."

New information released on case of missing mother whose phone was last pinged in Idaho | East Idaho News
I am confused by articles like this. In the presser the police chief gave a timeline. He said that the check at Kelsey's home was after her mother reported her missing which was December 2nd at 12:37pm. Why does this check keep getting reported as occurring on November 25th?

Lots of questions, How often did Kelsey call her mother? Did Kelsey have any friends she talked daily with?

According to the Idaho news article, the baby was handed off to the fiancé at his place on the 22 nd. Why weren't the two of them spending Thanksgiving together?

Many things happened on the 25 th. The fiancé got his last communication from Kelsey. The police did a welfare check. Why did they do a welfare check if the fiancé had just communicated with her? And her phone pinged in Idaho the same day.
And what was said in Kelsey's communication with her fiancé?

She was last seen on a Thursday and phone pinged in Idaho on a Sunday. There was time to drive there, but it wasn't in her car, since her car is not missing. How did her phone get to Idaho without her car?

jmo
The two airports closest to Gooding are Joslin Field in Twin Falls and Jerome County in Jerome.

Airports in Idaho

So, Kelsey took a week off work, and her phone pings in Idaho. Someone's trying to make it look like she took a planned trip. BUT she didn't pack a bag.
giphy.gif

I should probably know this from discussions about phones in other cases, but would her phone ping if it was off? If so, wouldn't there be pings along the route to Idaho? What would be the explanation for it only pinging in Idaho and not along the journey?

I am confused by articles like this. In the presser the police chief gave a timeline. He said that the check at Kelsey's home was after her mother reported her missing which was December 2nd at 12:37pm. Why does this check keep getting reported as occurring on November 25th?

I didn't put in on my timeline.

"When cops searched her home, her car and purse were still there, as were some cold cinnamon rolls." (BBM)

The article also states that her fiance (PF), last saw her when he picked up their daughter on Thanksgiving Day.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/10/text-sent-from-missing-moms-phone-days-after-she-vanished/
Is law enforcement actually saying that her purse was still there? Many media articles prior to today's presser were reporting what her brother traveled from Washington to her house and went in and said he found. I don't think I saw anything by law enforcement saying her purse was there. In fact, I believe her brother said her purse was not there.

I think many things are getting mixed up in the media and this case is going to turn into a mess to try to follow via the media.

Following... wondering if she's hiding from someone ?
Ex-boyfriend ? Domestic (i.e. family issues ; or pressure from a work acquaintance ) ?
Either way ... hope she's o.k. and just needing time away.

47685515_2130546087207936_6428721299354288128_n.jpg

PF picked up the baby later in the day, after her Safeway trip. So he's the last person to see her alive.
Emph. mine

Has this last person to see her given a statement ?
Is <modsnip name> PF. the father of the baby ?
Did they share custody ?

Was she seen by anyone else that same day, or the day before ?
All questions that could help.
I'm assuming there's no poi as there's no evidence of a crime or abduction.
Sounds like she went missing in broad daylight. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
As you said the media is all over the place so I didn't put it in the timeline since it didn't come from LE. :D

Well now I'm confused. In the press conference the LE definitely used the term 'exchange' which suggested that they met at Safeway in order to hand over the child. They did not use the term 'pick up'.

Not just the media who are confusing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288