Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems odd to me, so I am interested in your thoughts ...

1.) The woman who was corresponding with the suspect on sm for months said he asked her for a picture of her feet in heels.
2.) The only photo he has on his fb page is a pic of someone's feet in sneakers that look like ones Grace wore. Could this be a pic she sent him? I don't know how to "see" the details about when a pic was uploaded - can one of you sleuthers find out?

The photo has a date of June 2017 it says his profile picture changed. I can tell you that’s up the Sky Tower.

Is it still an hour though? Things are changing all the time with this site...I can't keep up lol! I have spent a good deal of time trying to multi-quote and it's not budging so sorry for those who have responded to any of my comments and I have not replied. I'm having a great deal of issues posting here. Perhaps time to reboot or ask Santa for a new pc. :rolleyes:
The site has been having problems with their server for the last few days, but seems ok to me now.

I have spent a good deal of time trying to multi-quote and it's not budging so sorry for those who have responded to any of my comments and I have not replied. I'm having a great deal of issues posting here. Perhaps time to reboot or ask Santa for a new pc.
I've been AWOL for ages and the forum changed while I was away and it took me a bit to figure how to multi quote with this particular forum format...

Not sure how a mobile phone works, but on a pc, when you push the quote button an option comes up where you then need to then insert the quote into your reply... if you then change your mind and not post the quote you need to push the Clear Draft from the Draft icon... it all be rather complicated business... lol...

Grace Millane case: Police search for shovel related to British backpacker death
Police are looking for a shovel they believe could be related to the death of British backpacker Grace Millane.

Detective Inspector Scott Beard said detectives wanted to speak to anyone who may have found an Atlas Trade, hardwood long handle, round mouth shovel since Monday last week to contact them.

In the same statement, Beard discounted speculation Millane's body had been dismembered.
upload_2018-12-11_1-24-38.jpeg

Another thought I had, just regarding the weird FB comment.

I know it seems like quite a badly executed crime, but what we are forgetting is that it is only the swift actions of the family, and the fact that the LE responded to their pleas fast, that allowed this crime to be detected in the way it was.

Young people on adventures, that's what I thought when I first heard of her disappearance. I thought she would turn up, having gone on a bender, or having lost her phone. POI didn't necessarily know it was her birthday, or what her family expectations would be with regards to contact.

Maybe he saw 'backpacker' as someone who would disappear under the radar? Maybe, if he believes that, he has reason to believe it. I'm not trying to escalate or be ghoulish, but there is the possibility that he has done this before.

The crime only seems badly planned because the family were straight on it. Maybe with a few more days... he would have got away with this. The rental car had already been re-rented. The CCTV might have been deleted. IMO there was a plan in place, and the unexpected thing which scuppered him was Grace's loving family, who just had an instinct that there was something wrong. And they acted on it. Fast.

Former flatmate of man suspected of killing British backpacker Grace Millane, 22, in New Zealand describes him as a 'blatant liar' who made his female roommates 'uncomfortable'

See DM, interesting article including him lying that his mother had died, but he’s named throughout so I’m not linking it .

Former flatmate of man suspected of killing British backpacker Grace Millane, 22, in New Zealand describes him as a 'blatant liar' who made his female roommates 'uncomfortable'

See DM, interesting article including him lying that his mother had died, but he’s named throughout so I’m not linking it .
Sound like we have a psychopath here. I hope there are no prior victims.

Another thought I had, just regarding the weird FB comment.

I know it seems like quite a badly executed crime, but what we are forgetting is that it is only the swift actions of the family, and the fact that the LE responded to their pleas fast, that allowed this crime to be detected in the way it was.

Young people on adventures, that's what I thought when I first heard of her disappearance. I thought she would turn up, having gone on a bender, or having lost her phone. POI didn't necessarily know it was her birthday, or what her family expectations would be with regards to contact.

Maybe he saw 'backpacker' as someone who would disappear under the radar? Maybe, if he believes that, he has reason to believe it. I'm not trying to escalate or be ghoulish, but there is the possibility that he has done this before.

The crime only seems badly planned because the family were straight on it. Maybe with a few more days... he would have got away with this. The rental car had already been re-rented. The CCTV might have been deleted. IMO there was a plan in place, and the unexpected thing which scuppered him was Grace's loving family, who just had an instinct that there was something wrong. And they acted on it. Fast.

You are so right ...

And when she was first reported missing, many people commented on SM to say that they had family members traveling and it wasn't unusual for people to not stay in touch constantly. Except it was for Grace.

Someone, somewhere mentioned that Grace's Tinder profile was still showing as active and some 14 km away from this person after she'd been reported missing. I wonder if her phone was still turned on then?

If not for the swift action of Grace's family, and the urgency the NZ Police gave this case, things might have been very different indeed. We may have very well had another Kayo case (Police receive more tips in cold case Queen St murder of Japanese tourist) on our hands.

Maybe ... perhaps ... there is evidence of something red having dug the hole where her body was hidden? Maybe some paint came off it or something. And maybe, working on the way that hole was dug, the police have identified it was done with a shovel. Or maybe there are red fragments of the paint used for this particular shovel on his clothing or in the car, which would ESR would be analysing.

Regarding his request to that could-have-been date ... I'd say he has a foot fetish.

In one article it was mentioned he was going to be opening a restaurant; yet a man interviewed on NZ's One News last night (an acquaintance), said the suspect told him he was taking up a new job as Regional Manager for some outfit. I'm going to agree with my initial thought yesterday by saying I think - this is all MOO - that this guy was funding his fancy lifestyle by selling drugs.

Relocation packages - which I also suggested he might be the recipient of - are usually offered to people who are quite high up the chain in their chosen career. On the contrary, media reports suggest this guy is a loner with a child in Australia he doesn't see, fractured relationships, and a general oddness about him (although, according to the flatmates, somewhat of a charmer when he wanted to be).

Just a FYI ... rates at the CityLife Auckland range upwards from around NZ$200 a night. Long-term stays are negotiable of course; I doubt they'd be any less than NZ$1k a week though. Salaries are not - for the most part - huge in NZ. In fact, many people are struggling or 'only just' breaking even due to the high living costs. Sadly, there is a huge methamphetamine problem here (moreso than any of the other hard drugs, although they too are available) ... I'm sure dealers would do very nicely on the sales front.

Last edited:
Or might it have been in the hire car as standard? And why since Monday? Why not Sunday?
Monday is the day they are asking for sightings of the car. I think that means they suspect that is the time period he was out dumping her body and they may have reason to believe he dug or tried to dig a hole with it.

MOO

The car was returned at around lunchtime Monday, after having been taken out for a 24 period from around lunchtime on Sunday.

I wonder if there is CCTV showing the car leaving the CityLife carpark (or traveling up/down Queen Street, where there are lots of CCTV cameras) on Monday ...

The CityLife has two entrances - one on Queen Street (a very busy street with lots of shops [walkthrough access only]), and one down a laneway that feeds on/off to Queen Street [walk and drive through access].

*ETA ... if he used the carpark, he would have opted for valet parking ... there's a receipt right there of his movements.

Maybe he booked the car for 24 hours from Sunday but didn't actually collect it until Monday.

From Grace Millane: Police appeal for information on red Toyota Corolla: "Anyone who saw the vehicle in West Auckland between 6am and 9:30am on Monday 3 December is urged to contact ..." I think he tried to do the most he could under the cover of darkness on the Sunday night, before heading out first thing on the Monday to dispose of her body. It's Summer here, so daylight at 6am. The area where she was found is a mix of houses with long driveways and semi-rural lots, so there wouldn't be a lot happening at that time of the day ... I would've expected someone to come forward saying they'd seen him on their commute into the city though ...

Last edited:
This seems odd to me, so I am interested in your thoughts ...

1.) The woman who was corresponding with the suspect on sm for months said he asked her for a picture of her feet in heels.
2.) The only photo he has on his fb page is a pic of someone's feet in sneakers that look like ones Grace wore. Could this be a pic she sent him? I don't know how to "see" the details about when a pic was uploaded - can one of you sleuthers find out?

The photo appears to have been taken from the lookout platform on the sky tower. But earlier in the year, so wouldn't be Grace in pic......but yes....feet

Justice Minister Andrew Little urges British media to ensure justice for Grace Millane

"Justice Minister Andrew Little has hit out at the British media for revealing suppressed details from the Grace Millane murder case.

"If they want justice for Millane they should refrain from publishing information, he said.

"The defence would be looking for every opportunity to say a trial right might be compromised and that was why suppression needed to be abided by, he said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear