CO Angelina Sicola, 20, Colorado Springs, strangled, 2 May 2013

dotr

Reaction score
The last moment he saw his daughter is an image Steve Sicola can't get out of his head.

"That will never...it will always haunt me," Sicola said.

Father Desperate To Find Daughter's Killer
May 02, 2016
"Sicola found his 20-year-old daughter strangled to death inside her apartment near Austin Bluffs and Academy in Colorado Springs.

"That was a day that, if I take it one piece at a time, I can't handle it at all. That visual will never leave."

That was May 2, 2013. Three years later, Angelina Sicola's murder remains unsolved. It's the only unsolved Colorado Springs murder from 2013.

A lot of mystery continues to surround the case. Springs police have released very few details about her murder. They have never said if she knew her killer, but tell us there was no forced entry into her home.

Sicola says his daughter was supposed to meet him at the doctor's office that day. The first sign something was off came when his older daughter said Angelina didn't show up to swap a parking pass."

Colorado Cold Case Files - Case Detail: Angelina Sicola
Case Detail

• normal
  • normal
  • normal
  • normal
Angelina Marie Sicola
About this Case:
On May 2, 2013, the body of Angelina Sicola was found in her apartment at 3807 Half Turn Road, #315. The autopsy revealed Ms. Sicola had been strangled. Ms. Sicola was a student at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs and worked at the Taekwondo Center. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to please contact the Colorado Springs Police Department.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:
Colorado Springs Police Department

Sep 26, 2018 rbbm.
Mom desperate to find her daughter’s killer
"The Colorado Springs Police Department has never named a suspect or made an arrest in Sicola’s case. But, Lively says seeing them make an arrest in a 30-year-old cold case gives her hope.

Last week, investigators used DNA evidence to arrest a man in connection to a murder that happened in 1988.

Lively said maybe someday police will find her daughter's killer.

"I know there was a lot of DNA evidence, and I know that the detectives even after five years are still working on her case," Lively said."
"If you have any information about who killed Angelina Sicola, call Springs Police. Her family is continuing to offer a $10,000 reward."

I'm wondering why this thread has not had any activity. I remember this case, and it is so sad.

May 1 2022
Colorado Cold Case: Who killed Angelina Sicola? | FOX21 News Colorado

angelina-3.png

sicola-murder-2.png

''COLORADO SPRINGS – It’s been eight years since a young college student at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs was murdered. Today the case remains unsolved.

Angelina Marie Sicola was like any other sophomore in college, trying to find her way as an adult. Sicola Studied Communications and loved Taekwondo. On her path to achieving a second-degree blackbelt and becoming an assistant teacher. Midway through that year, Angelina moved into her first apartment. Just a few months later, she was found dead.''

''JusticeforAngelina.com encourages people to come together, come forward, and contribute. Anyone with information can submit tips on the website. People can also contact Colorado Springs Police.

Her family believes someone knows something, and someone will step forward if a community is fighting for her cause.''

This is the first time I've heard of this case. I find it odd that she was almost a 2nd degree black belt and yet someone was able to overpower her. That suggests (1) a male perp, and/or (2) drugs. Do we know if LE released the tox screen? And, BTW, I'm not suggesting she took the drugs voluntarily. I'm encouraged that there seems to be plenty of DNA at the scene. Whoever did this has likely killed before and will again, as it doesn't seem to be some kind of long time grudge since she just moved there. So its probably crime of opportunity. Maybe someone she met online for a date?

By Lauren Scharf, Frank Heagle
2022-05-02
''COLORADO SPRINGS — This weekend marks nine years since a young college student at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs was murdered. Today the case remains unsolved.

Angelina Marie Sicola was like any other sophomore in college, trying to find her way as an adult. Sicola studied Communications and loved Taekwondo, on her path to achieving a second-degree blackbelt and becoming an assistant teacher. Midway through that year, Angelina moved into her first apartment. Just a few months later, she was found dead.''

rbbm.
"COLORADO SPRINGS — Angelina Sicola wasn’t the type to let her guard down, but one day in early May someone found a way to take her life.

Police still don’t know who killed her.

On May 2, the 20-year-old college student was found strangled to death in her Colorado Springs apartment. Two months later, police say they have uncovered no new information in their investigation into her death.

The investigators are referring to this case as very complex,” said Barbara Miller, police spokeswoman.''

Miller said she can’t elaborate on what “very complex” means without compromising the investigation.

Sicola’s killing, one of 18 in the city this year, remains the only homicide without at least a person of interest''

''She had lived there only for a few weeks, according to neighbors.

Neighbors Katie Willett and James Goss told The Gazette they didn’t hear anything suspicious the night before Sicola’s body was found, though another woman living nearby told police she heard screams coming from the area.''

Last edited:
1683164353171.png
May 2 2023 rbbm
By Tony Keith
"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Tuesday marks 10 years since the body of 20-year-old Angelina Sicola was found in her apartment complex.

The Colorado Springs Police Department shared a cold case anniversary poster to social media on Tuesday for Sicola. According to authorities, Sicola’s body was found on May 2, 2013, inside her apartment at 380 Half Turn Rd. The complex is near Austin Bluffs and N. Academy.

“The investigation revealed that Ms. Sicola was likely killed inside her apartment, and the autopsy showed she had died as a result of forcible strangulation. Since 2013 investigators have conducted interviews with numerous friends, neighbors, co-workers, fellow students, and social media contacts of the victim but no suspect has been identified,” part of the poster reads. “Numerous items of evidence recovered from the scene were examined, and forensic examination of both physical and electronic evidence continues.”

A cold case report from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation adds that Sicola worked at the Taekwondo Center.''
''Anyone with information that could help investigators is asked to call 719-444-7000.''

1683164797292.png
''College is seen by many as a transformative time of self-discovery in a young person’s life, and 20-year-old Angelina “Angie” Sicola was no exception.

“Angie probably would have been some TV personality,” her mother Pamela Lively said. “She was very outgoing, and always the kind of person who would make friends. She could walk up to anybody and start a conversation. She was very fun, and very funny.”

A communication student and talented Taekwondo athlete and teacher, Angie had a bright future ahead of her, family members said.

That is, until that future was taken away — along with her life.''

''According to Tornabene, several factors can disqualify an investigation from being eligible for genetic genealogy, including having an insufficient DNA sample, which leads to an inability to develop a complete DNA profile.

"For any case that is not suitable for genetic genealogy, the advancements in technology for DNA can change the opportunity for reexamination," Tornabene said.''

''The family is still offering a $10,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest of Angie’s killer.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back