Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

An Indian man killed a person in Australia by a hit and run, then fled to India. That was 10 years ago and he’s still hiding there. I don’t know how differently the authorities work there? But I hear it’s not easy to extradite from there to here.

I’m going to guess the ‘visble bite marks and scratches’ this man had made him flee asap.

Yes, I can foresee problems in getting him back here, too. He hasn't actually been charged with or convicted of murder. He is said to be a person of interest.

Our authorities would need to prove that he was a murderer to be able to extradite him, I think.

Will that be seen as a debatable issue by Indian authorities?

Just watched the police press conference from the end of November - interesting reaction on the question about whether police had spoken to the family of four seen at the beach.. another report over the last day or so mentioned that police had information about a car seen at the beach on the day of the murder. I wouldn’t be surprised if the family told gave information about the cars the vehicles they saw in the car park that day, that one of them is in the cctv footage, and the police shutting the question down quickly was done to protect them from being identified for safety reasons. The question was just brushed aside..I’d also say they have that same car on dashcams heading south from Wangetti (the “driving erratically” bit), and have been able to link it all together using the phone pings and additional cctv, most of which wouldn’t have been released. I doubt they only have the footage from the intersection.

"His father, Amar, had been living with him in Innisfail and has since followed him there, trying to find him over the past week, said Harpreet Singh, a local sugarcane farmer.

His mother and father have given DNA samples to police that can be used for familial DNA searches to determine possible matches between Mr Singh and samples recovered from Cordingley’s body or elsewhere."

So, they are using parental DNA, apparently.

But also this:
"Reports he had visible injuries were incorrect, his family said."

Nocookies

LE rarely tells families more than the public, in the US, though we often assume otherwise. They tend to keep everything back until an arrest is made.

I had a feeling LE was onto a suspect in this case but that may just be because AU seems to get their suspects quicker than in the US...and that may just be a perception of mine. Though plentiful cameras help...a lot.

Neighbours of Toyah Cordingley person of interest in disbelief

3 hrs ago
The neighbour of a person of interest in the investigation into the murder of Cairns woman Toyah Cordingley says he “cannot believe he could have been responsible”.
Mr Singh, a husband and father-of-three, has been described as a quiet family man by neighbours, who say they’re shocked by the developments.

“I still can't believe it, until he is actually charged, I cannot believe it because to me he was just a normal bloke,” Bill Liddell told 9News.

Kathleen Liddell said the whole family were friendly and open.

"They're always out the front and waving to us and asking how we are, they're really friendly," she said.

"It's awful and I feel sorry for the family.”
Witnesses say they saw Mr Singh covered in scratches and bite marks and driving erratically in the hours following the murder.

Queensland Police and the Australian Federal Police are understood to be liaising with Interpol and the Indian authorities to find the man so he can be extradited to Australia.

No arrests have been made.

"His father, Amar, had been living with him in Innisfail and has since followed him there, trying to find him over the past week, said Harpreet Singh, a local sugarcane farmer.

His mother and father have given DNA samples to police that can be used for familial DNA searches to determine possible matches between Mr Singh and samples recovered from Cordingley’s body or elsewhere."

So, they are using parental DNA, apparently.

But also this:
"Reports he had visible injuries were incorrect, his family said."

Nocookies

I wonder if his family saw no injuries because he kept covered up at home. But I wonder if injuries were noticed while he was on his plane trip to India. If Toyah's dog had bitten at his ankles or lower legs, these injuries may have been seen while he was sitting or dozing on the plane.

The reports that I have seen have said that the injuries were noticed in the 'hours after the murder'. That could be in any number of hours ... 24 hours .. 36 hours.

Could be that some of the DNA that was collected "elsewhere" (besides that recovered from Toyah) was collected from Toyah's dog.

Last edited:
An Indian man killed a person in Australia by a hit and run, then fled to India. That was 10 years ago and he’s still hiding there. I don’t know how differently the authorities work there? But I hear it’s not easy to extradite from there to here.

I’m going to guess the ‘visble bite marks and scratches’ this man had made him flee asap.
Sounds like he was in a panic driving back to Innisfail on the 21st Oct too as he was reported for driving erratically in Cairns. If it was him, I bet the murder wasn’t premeditated and he freaked right out afterwards - leaving evidence, clothes, and footprints everywhere. Gets home and bolts without telling work or family.

I wonder if his family saw no injuries because he kept covered up at home. But I wonder if injuries were noticed while he was on his plane trip to India. If Toyah's dog had bitten at his ankles or lower legs, these injuries may have been seen while he was sitting or dozing on the plane.

The reports that I have seen have said that the injuries were noticed in the 'hours after the murder'. That could be in any number of hours ... 24 hours .. 36 hours.

Could be that some of the DNA that was collected "elsewhere" (besides that recovered from Toyah) was collected from Toyah's dog.
Apparently he had scratches on his face, and bite marks somewhere. It’s summer and hot in Cairns, so they’d be hard to hide.
I could be wrong but they both look like 2013/2014 Hyundai I30’s - I thought the two in the photos were different colours, but it turns out they only came out in Fiery Red, so these two could well be the same.

It could be a coincidence, but if they are the same car, it was at Rusty’s when Toyah was there and drove south past Clifton just after 5pm. If it’s the same car, placing it third in the lineup means the knowledge from the traffic behind is the focus of the public release of the video.

Apparently he had scratches on his face, and bite marks somewhere. It’s summer and hot in Cairns, so they’d be hard to hide.

I hadn't seen that the scratches were on his face? Just that he had visible scratches and bite marks.
Do you think his family are not telling the truth about not seeing his injuries?

I was looking to see if, culturally, he would have shared a bed with his wife. From what I could find, it is not unusual for the children to sleep with the parents.
Perhaps he kept his distance from her that night. And perhaps his dad is shortsighted and did not notice injuries when Singh took him to the Sikh temple the next morning, before departing for the airport.

I agree, and will add that (if it was him) I doubt it was premeditated, so much panic & shock took place afterwards. Reckon he left a lot of evidence (including DNA) too, so he’d be easy to identify. Knew he was in a corner so flight response took over. Only option was to flee quickly.

Could it have been the car coming out of the driveway in this video @ :48 ?

Nine News Gold Coast on Twitter
The other morning on Sunrise, they were talking about Singh driving erratically, and it showed a white ute style car weaving in and out of lanes, I wondered if that was him? Or they were just showing a car driving erratically for effect? Who knows... Wonder if his wife has a car also?

The house in the recent twitter video looks done up with some white paint on poles etc - would that be true? Maybe new additions next door? Either that or I have the wrong house in mind...??

S
I hadn't seen that the scratches were on his face? Just that he had visible scratches and bite marks.
Do you think his family are not telling the truth about not seeing his injuries?

I was looking to see if, culturally, he would have shared a bed with his wife. From what I could find, it is not unusual for the children to sleep with the parents.
Perhaps he kept his distance from her that night. And perhaps his dad is shortsighted and did not notice injuries when Singh took him to the Sikh temple the next morning, before departing for the airport.
Sorry I must have imagined the scratches being on his face, but all we know is “Witnesses saw the man, who speaks Hindi and Punjabi, with visible scratch and bite marks and behaving suspiciously on his return home after his trip to Cairns”.

OMG - sorry OT but a reminder how we are forced to keep an eye on our kids & grandkids cause of the b@stards out there, and females predators sometimes too :(

"The seven-year-old girl was shopping with her mum at Westfield North Lakes, north of Brisbane, when she was allegedly taken by a 26-year-old man for more than an hour"

"After an hour and a half, the man allegedly returned the girl to the shopping centre.

Police allege, in the hour she was missing, the man drove her to bushland at nearby Pumicestone Passage where he sexually assaulted her."

Girl allegedly taken from Kmart, sexually assaulted

Gosh, that's terrible and can happen so easily! Unbelievable, but I'm glad that at least he returned the child and that they got him.

(edited to remove incorrect geographic data)

OMG - sorry OT but a reminder how we are forced to keep an eye on our kids & grandkids cause of the b@stards out there, and females predators sometimes too :(

"The seven-year-old girl was shopping with her mum at Westfield North Lakes, north of Brisbane, when she was allegedly taken by a 26-year-old man for more than an hour"

"After an hour and a half, the man allegedly returned the girl to the shopping centre.

Police allege, in the hour she was missing, the man drove her to bushland at nearby Pumicestone Passage where he sexually assaulted her."

Girl allegedly taken from Kmart, sexually assaulted

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member