CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be "okay" to have pre-marital sex as much as it is that all children are loved no matter what. But no reason to "live in sin" just because you already had a baby, from some points of view.

IDK.

jmo
True. I was just confused as to the logic behind it, if this was in fact a religious decision .

That makes some sense though.

Forgive me if this was asked already but you guys are moving quick!

When was the last contact KB had with her mom? Does she live in an apartment or detached? I’m struggling with why it took mom until 12/2 to contact LE....there has to of been some type of communication or attempt before the welfare request.

I hope LE has a solid lead....something is definitely amiss here. IMO

True. I was just confused as to the logic behind it, if this was in fact a religious decision .

That makes some sense though.

I’m familiar with the “religious family” scenario. It was more than 20 years ago, but when we first moved in together (long before our engagement and marriage), my husband’s grandmother was told we had separate bedrooms in our apartment. :rolleyes:

The welfare check was on December 2. At the press conference today, the chief said Woodland Park LE went to Kelsey's residence on Dec 2 and performed Community Caretaker search to see if they could locate her. She was not found to be inside her residence.

But, I totally agree at the cinnamon rolls are a clue that she wasn't intending to disappear. imo

jmo

Thank you InTheDetails! I missed the Presser today but was going by multiple articles like https://www.fox5vegas.com/search-in...st-seen/article_2169baa4-c7e9-53dd-b57a-d4a10 which mention the welfare check was requested on Nov 25 by her Mom. That date makes much more sense to me...missing for three days would certainly be enough for most friends and families to start asking questions. The article I'm mentioning says that Kelsey wasn't at home so I dont know if that means they would have gone inside or not?

I wonder if anyone else had a key? And from your update about the presser sounds like the police didn't go inside until the 2nd of December.

If I go missing for 3 days I hope someone would come inside.

MOO

Something else bothering me is that this is 15 month old baby. I believe men are just as capable of caring for a baby if they choose...except for breastfeeding...however, many courts that I have seen still give the mother a big advantage and don't let them have a child this young overnight. This may have been an arrangement made between them. It has been awhile since I have been in family court, so maybe the courts have evolved. I dunno, what do you guys with more recent child custody cases think...especially in Colorado?

Lots of religious couples have an “oops” and end up pregnant before the wedding. People have shotgun weddings all the time because there’s a baby on the way and they want to get the wedding done before baby comes.

Just my opinion, but if Kelsey really wanted to have that wedding, she would have. The baby is 15 months old. That means it has been close to 2 years since she found out she was pregnant. Plenty of time to have a wedding if she wanted one. This is all my opinion of course, but maybe Thanksgiving was a point of tension because the family was going to find out about a breakup.

Unless LE doesn’t believe what PF is saying, that’s why they aren’t calling that the “last seen” time. <modsnip - not victim friendly>
That's what I can't understand. She drove to her fiancé's place and turned the baby over to the fiance. She had to do that after she went to Safeway, so the fiance was the last place that she was seen.

And one of the new stations reached out to the fiance but he did not respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping Kelsey is found soon so LE can finish putting this case together. I'd prefer she were found alive, but given what I've read here, that doesn't seem terrible likely. :(

Any thoughts on how someone was texting from her phone in Idaho? Are there apps that can give that appearance, or would "whoever" have had to physically been with her phone in Idaho to send those texts when it pinged? Any other pings from people close to her in the area during that time?

NY. Post is the only media I could find stating this. All others say her purse is missing.

I could be wrong though!

The NY Post reporter also wrote this: “'After she went missing, she took time off,'” Police Chief Miles De Young told reporters."

That's not entirely accurate. The accurate version is her employer received a text from her phone that she wouldn't be at work that week.

Not the same thing.

I'm not liking the NYPost reporting on this case at all.

jmo

Lots of religious couples have an “oops” and end up pregnant before the wedding. People have shotgun weddings all the time because there’s a baby on the way and they want to get the wedding done before baby comes.

Just my opinion, but if Kelsey really wanted to have that wedding, she would have. The baby is 15 months old. That means it has been close to 2 years since she found out she was pregnant. Plenty of time to have a wedding if she wanted one. This is all my opinion of course, but maybe Thanksgiving was a point of tension because the family was going to find out about a breakup.

Or more like if he wanted a wedding. Many guys run when a pregnancy is announced. Maybe he loves the baby but wasn't serious about Kelsey. Maybe they weren't engaged but Kelsey told her family that because some people don't consider it that sinful if they were going to get married anyway.

An exit off of Interstate 84 in Idaho. Rural. Gooding itself is about 12 miles off the interstate. It is not known if the phone ping was within the town limits or just in the general area.
Wish we knew more about the area and if LE is actively searching there. No coincidence that her mother lives in Idaho and that's where the phone pinged, imo.

Forgive me if this was asked already but you guys are moving quick!

When was the last contact KB had with her mom? Does she live in an apartment or detached? I’m struggling with why it took mom until 12/2 to contact LE....there has to of been some type of communication or attempt before the welfare request.

I hope LE has a solid lead....something is definitely amiss here. IMO
I believe the last time KB spoke with her mom was 17 days ago, from the press conference.

Or more like if he wanted a wedding. Many guys run when a pregnancy is announced. Maybe he loves the baby but wasn't serious about Kelsey. Maybe they weren't engaged but Kelsey told her family that because some people don't consider it that sinful if they were going to get married anyway.

Some men will propose, but drag their feet when it comes time to actually set a date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam