UNSOLVED TX - Liberty Co, Human Skull Discovered near Cleveland, Dec'18

Legally Bland

Reaction score
Do they have public photos of the skull? I’d be happy to do a reconstruction

Do they have public photos of the skull? I’d be happy to do a reconstruction
I don't think there are any public photos. I'm not sure how you go about doing a reconstruction, but I don't know if there is enough to do one.

According to Liberty County Sheriff’s Capt. Ken DeFoor, only the top part of the skull was recovered. The lower mandible has not been found nor have any teeth been discovered.

Human skull discovery launches search for more remains in Cleveland area

No additional remains were found, although investigators searched extensively.

The skull is very weathered and seems to have been exposed to the elements for several years. Since the teeth and lower jawbone were not attached, investigators are not speculating about the sex, identity or age of the person or the circumstances which may have lead to the death.

"With the animal and wildlife activity in the thick woods, it is even possible the remains may have been carried from some other distant location onto County Road 325 by animals or by floodwaters that have hit the area over the past several years."

Human skull found in Liberty County family's front yard

My first thought was flood waters washed someone up. I’m in proximity to the area (~40 miles) and Harvey hit it hard not to mention the rains we got on Friday. 7” at my house and the San Jac is flooding again.

I did a quick google map search and it looks like there is a cemetery near there, at least Wells Cemetery Road. Not sure how much damage that specific area took during Harvey. Satellite view doesn’t show a lot of ditches and bayous but the overland flooding from Harvey was remarkable.

Last edited:
My first thought was flood waters washed someone up. I’m in proximity to the area (~40 miles) and Harvey hit it hard not to mention the rains we got on Friday. 7” at my house and the San Jac is flooding again.

I did a quick google map search and it looks like there is a cemetery near there, at least Wells Cemetery Road. Not sure how much damage that specific area took during Harvey. Satellite view doesn’t show a lot of ditches and bayous but the overland flooding from Harvey was remarkable.

Possible! I do not suspect foul play, but it can’t be ruled out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back