CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the aunt was told not to divulge any information. But I always think having someone as an verified insider always helps the situation. Please Kelsey’s aunt please reconsider having someone on here to explain some things. I understand LE wanting everything close to their vests. But it doesn’t seem like much is happening the way it is. I’d be sharing everything I know in case it might be the missing part of the story. Moo

News coverage this morning on early morning shows.
No planes missing
Last seen with baby at 12:27 pm shopping at Safeway in Woodland Park
Fiancé picked up daughter at her home on Thanksgiving Day
Cold cinnamon buns on counter when wellfare check done. Sorry had to bring up rolls but to me this is indicative that she left that day.
Longs and texts sent 3 days later from Idaho.

Whatever happened happened on Thanksgiving day.

Jmo

We still don't know who has primary custody of the child. If it is the father, and the family are all out of state, and they don't celebrate holidays on religious grounds then it is not that strange that KB wasn't reported missing for a while. If you have an acrimonious separation you don't necessarily need to 'speak' to a one year old every day on the phone.

What would be unusual, IF it's the case, would be for the father to be given custody in the first place, IF that is the case (we simply don't know). Wouldn't it? For a one year old baby?

IF the father were to have been given custody, then I can also imagine a scenario where the mother takes off, feeling that she is unwanted, or useless. I'm not saying she IS any of those things, of course she isn't.

If the father does not have custody, then wouldn't KB's mother have raised a red flag on November 25th when she realised the child was still with him?

All I mean is, there is a difference between a mother who has custody of her child going away on a trip without her child, and a mother who does not have custody. JMO, no judgement on mothers who don't have custody.

It seems strange no alarm was set off when KB failed to either return for her daughter or to check in to see how she was doing. Even if she didn’t have primary custody, that strikes me as unusual.

Perhaps the text sent to the fiancé was similar to the one sent to work - stating she’d be gone for a week. Is it possible there were texts sent to other loved ones that we don’t know about yet?

Both of the texts that we know about and the Idaho ping all happened on the 25th. That just sounds like the person who had KBs phone making one final use of it to lengthen the timeline before people started looking.

Jmo.

Last edited:
It seems strange no alarm was set off when KB failed to either return for her daughter or to check in to see how she was doing. Even if she didn’t have primary custody, that strikes me as unusual.

Perhaps the text sent to the fiancé was similar to the one sent to work - stating she’d be gone for a week. Is it possible there were texts sent to other loved ones that we don’t know about yet?

Both of the texts that we know about and the Idaho ping all happened on the 25th. That just sounds like the person who had KBs phone making one final use of it to lengthen the timeline before people start looking.

Jmo.
Exactly. Exactement. Exactamente.

Last edited:
I wonder if that was arranged beforehand? If I needed groceries and knew that I was going to be child free later in day, I would be inclined to wait to shop until then.
Not to say everyone would.

I agree with you however it was also Thanksgiving and the store may not have been open later in the day. I know that here even the 24 hour grocery stores were closed not open until 1 or 2PM.

This is such an odd case, with no many clues to follow up on. No odd behavior, no threats against her, no signs of a disturbance at her home, everything seems so... random. The only thing that jumps out at ya is the cell ping, the text, <modsnip - not victim friendly >

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way she is alive is if she took off and is hiding out.

What troubles me is that there isn't anything in the courts, no indications of trouble, no friends jumping up and down talking about abuse or other troubles, nothing to indicate something afoot.

<modsnip - discussing removed posts>
I work in town and live very close. I have no idea who she or her fiancé are. We have no mutual FB friends. It's really odd

Texts sent from Colorado mom's cellphone 3 days after she went missing
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said it was Berreth's mother who reported her missing December 2, more than a week after those texts were sent, prompting questions about why her fiancé didn't report her missing.

De Young said he is unaware of any reports of domestic violence involving the couple. Frazee's home has not been searched and police describe him as cooperative. He declined to appear at the press conference Monday.

"We are treating Kelsey's disappearance as a missing person's case at this time. We have not identified anyone as a suspect, and are asking the public for any information that might help us find her," De Young said.

Berreth's family has created a Facebook page called "Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth." Police said all the planes at the flight school where she worked are accounted for. Frazee, who has been caring for Kaylee, has not responded to our requests for comment.

With regard to the ping in Idaho, if I reeeeeeally wanted to get rid of a phone and wanted it to go to a certain state, I might go to an interstate highway rest stop headed in that direction and wait for someone with an open bed pickup bearing plates of desired state. Wait until driver is out of sight and place phone somewhere in the bed of truck. Within a couple days battery would be dead. Who knows when the phone might be found by vehicle owner. Lots of people traveling this time of year. Just an idea.

ETA: I just saw that the texts to employer and fiance were sent the same day as ping in Idaho, so that would make this much more difficult unless texts were sent very early in am, phone placed almost immediately in another vehicle, and ping in Idaho was significantly later.

With regard to the ping in Idaho, if I reeeeeeally wanted to get rid of a phone and wanted it to go to a certain state, I might go to an interstate highway rest stop headed in that direction and wait for someone with an open bed pickup bearing plates of desired state. Wait until driver is out of sight and place phone somewhere in the bed of truck. Within a couple days battery would be dead. Who knows when the phone might be found by vehicle owner. Lots of people traveling this time of year. Just an idea.

ETA: I just saw that the texts to employer and fiance were sent the same day as ping in Idaho, so that would make this much more difficult unless texts were sent very early in am, phone placed almost immediately in another vehicle, and ping in Idaho was significantly later.
I was thinking the same but wouldn’t the phone ping the whole way there before it died? Unless whoever put it there turned it off and whoever found it turned it on and noticed a password, turned it back off and disposed of it instead of turning it in? Speculation on my part. Throwing ideas around.

I was thinking the same but wouldn’t the phone ping the whole way there before it died? Unless whoever put it there turned it off and whoever found it turned it on and noticed a password, turned it back off and disposed of it instead of turning it in? Speculation on my part. Throwing ideas around.[/QUOTE

I also wondered about pinging the whole way. I am a techno cave person so don't really understand how pinging works but thought that maybe there are some dead cell reception areas between the places to possibly account for lack of pings. From what I understand, which may be entirely wrong, phone does not need to be on or in use for it to ping and only requires battery with charge. Anyone more knowledgeable want to step in and let me know if that is correct?

I have listened to Kelsey's mom at the news conference around ten times and I cannot figure out if she is saying "dog" or "God" or whatever. It sounds to me as if she is saying "she loves to (two) "dodge". I just read an ABC report and it says "she loves her dog". I also just read another report that says "she loves her god". This should be cleared up. If she had a dog that would indicate she did not go voluntarily.

Changing the subject: there was a woman abducted in California a year or two ago as she was jogging and she was beaten and finally escaped along a road by some Mexican women. Wasn't she abducted on Thanksgiving?

The phone didn't end up in a random location, though. It last pinged near what could be the route one would take to get from her home in Colorado to her mother's town in northern Idaho ( Sandpoint mother says daughter's disappearance is 'completely out of character' ), and if she were, say, going to her brother's home in Tacoma, Washington ( Colorado's Kelsey Berreth has been missing since Thanksgiving ) , then that location is directly on the way.

Google Maps

IMPORTANT: I am NOT implying, and you should NOT infer that I am suggesting any involvement in KB's disappearance by anyone in her family---it is simply possible that she was traveling in the direction of home (bus?, hitchhiking? IDK.) and something happened. Also, I have not "sleuthed" KB's family, but have only taken the location of where they live based upon news reports linked above.

I have listened to Kelsey's mom at the news conference around ten times and I cannot figure out if she is saying "dog" or "God" or whatever. It sounds to me as if she is saying "she loves to (two) "dodge". I just read an ABC report and it says "she loves her dog". I also just read another report that says "she loves her god". This should be cleared up. If she had a dog that would indicate she did not go voluntarily.

Changing the subject: there was a woman abducted in California a year or two ago as she was jogging and she was beaten and finally escaped along a road by some Mexican women. Wasn't she abducted on Thanksgiving?

She said God, not dog

The phone didn't end up in a random location, though. It last pinged near what could be the route one would take to get from her home in Colorado to her mother's town in northern Idaho ( Sandpoint mother says daughter's disappearance is 'completely out of character' ), and if she were, say, going to her brother's home in Tacoma, Washington ( Colorado's Kelsey Berreth has been missing since Thanksgiving ) , then that location is directly on the way.

Google Maps

IMPORTANT: I am NOT implying, and you should NOT infer that I am suggesting any involvement in KB's disappearance by anyone in her family---it is simply possible that she was traveling in the direction of home (bus?, hitchhiking? IDK.) and something happened. Also, I have not "sleuthed" KB's family, but have only taken the location of where they live based upon news reports linked above.

Traveling by bus or hitchhiking does not make sense. Jmo.

I'm 99.9% sure Kelsey's mom said that Kelsey loves her God. There is no dog mentioned anywhere else - that would likely be something LE would mention. Religious people are likely to put God first in their lives and describing someone by saying "loves her God" seems very normal. But to describe a missing mom as someone who first loves her "dog" that nobody is talking about is not normal.

But if a dog shows up and it's determined that Kelsey was crazy about that dog above all else, I'll take it back.

jmopinion

Let's all remember that the police have emphasized that this is merely a missing persons case at this point.

The thing that stands out most to me is the cell phone ping nearly halfway between where she was last seen and the missing person's parent's home.

Other than that, there have been other missing persons cases in the general vicinity, such as...

Micah Lambert
Found Deceased - CO - Micah Lambert, 39, Colorado Springs, 23 Sept 2017
Micah walked up in the National Forest and committed suicide but her body wasn't found until six months later.

and Kevin Rudnicki
CO - CO - Kevin Rudnicki, 20, hiker, Mount Herman, Pike National Forest, 3 Sep 2018
Kevin just went for a hike on a Sunday morning and never returned. He has yet to be found.

The simplest explanation is usually the most likely. But for that pinging cell phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong